Wishful thinking

Nitro

NFL network total has posted on screen for NFL ACCESS coming up "Bills QB Ryan Nassib 1 on 1". Won't

let it go or is it a Freudian slip? Makes one think it is a case of wishful thinking. Color me amused.

sigh.

now I have to wonder if its EJ or Nassib. No telling which way they lazily dealt with the Bills.

Considering that half of each show is devoted to the Cowboys and the Jets, I have to assume its Nassib, in America's biggest market.

Sigh.

Edited by maddenboy

Really? Because the graphics guy at NFLN is an idiot, we are lamenting not having a QB that went in the 4th Round? Amazing.

Move along....nothing to see here.

I'm only intervening because I think you misinterpreted whose "wishful thinking" it was--in this case, the NFLN's because Nassib would have fulfilled the Bills narrative they saw fit.

I'm only intervening because I think you misinterpreted whose "wishful thinking" it was--in this case, the NFLN's because Nassib would have fulfilled the Bills narrative they saw fit.

BINGO! We have a winner. Thank you sir. :)

NFL network total has posted on screen for NFL ACCESS coming up "Bills QB Ryan Nassib 1 on 1". Won't

let it go or is it a Freudian slip? Makes one think it is a case of wishful thinking. Color me amused.

I understand why the Bills dont get much national press. We've sucked for 13 years, and every time the Bills start to look good, they suck again. But with that said, the NFL network did a piece on rookie qbs and they skipped over EJ right to Geno, then to Barkley, then changed directions and started talking about Andrew Luck.

Not for nothing, but you'd think they would include the first qb picked in the draft in the segment. The media hates the Bills. They make fun of the Bills constantly on the NFL network. Only way to shake that is for the Bills to go out and earn some respect.

I understand why the Bills dont get much national press. We've sucked for 13 years, and every time the Bills start to look good, they suck again. But with that said, the NFL network did a piece on rookie qbs and they skipped over EJ right to Geno, then to Barkley, then changed directions and started talking about Andrew Luck.

Not for nothing, but you'd think they would include the first qb picked in the draft in the segment. The media hates the Bills. They make fun of the Bills constantly on the NFL network. Only way to shake that is for the Bills to go out and earn some respect.

I don't think this particular incident was because it was the Bills. The talking heads and the rest of the media thought, and probably still think, EJ was a middle of the pack QB in this years draft so they didn't include him. Nix thinks differently. In a couple years we will see who was right.

Edited by CodeMonkey

In my opinion low expectations for the rookie qb is not a bad thing. He can do what he can, learn and improve without the national media breathing down his neck. If he shows up as a star from the get go, the press will be at his door soon enough. If he makes a normal progression, the less press scrutiny the better. Let the guy learn the pro game. I'm pulling for him.

I catch the NFL Network in out and out errors frequently. I saw a "State of the Franchise" episode on the Bills a few years ago and Woodson and Sapp made 3 out and out misstatements about the Bills in less than five minutes. The one I remember is that the Bills traded up for Trent Edwards. Of course we didn't, but we did for JP. If you just pulling facts out of your A$$, it's close enough for jazz I guess. Do these guys do any research? Makes we wonder how much they're screwing up on all of their "expertise" and "inside information" on the other 31 teams.