"Mistakes Were Made"

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/05/irs-official-in-charge-during-tea-party-targeting-now-runs-health-care-office/

The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.

Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.

Her successor, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for misdeeds at the scandal-plagued unit between 2010 and 2012. During at least part of that time, Grant served as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt unit.

Grant announced today that he would retire June 3, despite being appointed as commissioner of the tax-exempt office May 8, a week ago.

ABC News’ Abby D. Phillip contributed to this report.

http://abcnews.go.co...th-care-office/

The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.

Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.

Good Lord !

Repeal or de-fund this monstrosity now..................

In case anyone here didn't know, thanks to obamacare the IRS will be taking over your healthcare in the near future. What a nightmare. I see the political cartoons here, but this IRS scandal is not even the least bit funny to me.

I am sure Thomas Nast would disagree. Don't be so quick to dismiss political cartoons. They have a historical record of being highly effective, and, in some cases, being the thing everybody remembers and/or being the singular way to both summarize and definitively define an issue...or a President.

Not every cartoon, of course. Certainly not every cartoonist. Definitely haven't seen a Nast so far. But, if "our" Nast does show up, you will know it.

http://www.nytimes.c...d=tw-share&_r=0

Obama, tired of being hindered, wants to "go Bullworth".

Careful, Mr. President. Saying what you really think might get you audited.

I hear "Obama going Bulworth", and I instantly think Morissey: "says nothing to me about my life". :lol: (Perhaps I should get on Twitter, just to tweet that, and then quit?)

Good Lord !

Repeal or de-fund this monstrosity now..................

That lady must be indicted immediately. We know the breach occurred, we know she was in charge of it. That's enough right there for an indictment.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

In the coming years, whenever I think back on the two terms of the Obama Presidency, THIS is what I will remember.

TurkeyObamaPresserAP.jpg

The only positive to come from that press conference? That Marine's family probably got a nice surprise today.

http://abcnews.go.co...th-care-office/

Her successor, Joseph Grant, is taking the fall for misdeeds at the scandal-plagued unit between 2010 and 2012. During at least part of that time, Grant served as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt unit.

Grant announced today that he would retire June 3, despite being appointed as commissioner of the tax-exempt office May 8, a week ago.

ABC News’ Abby D. Phillip contributed to this report.

Never mind who's in charge, I still haven't moved past the fact that the IRS is responsible for enforcing health insurance purchases.

IT JUST GETS WORSE: IRS tax exemption/Obamacare exec got $103,390 in bonuses.

Sarah Hall Ingram, the IRS executive in charge of the tax exempt division in 2010 when it began targeting conservative Tea Party, evangelical and pro-Israel groups for harrassment, got more than $100,000 in bonuses between 2009 and 2012.

More recently, Ingram was promoted to serve as director of the tax agency’s Obamacare program office, a position that put her in charge of the vast expansion of the IRS’ regulatory power and staffing in connection with federal health care, ABC reported earlier today.

Great. So the woman who oversaw the targeting of Tea Partiers is now in charge of healthcare regulation? You may be paranoid. But are you paranoid enough?...................lol

Irs-7-copy.jpg

Dreben-copy.jpg

Umbrella-copy.jpg

Referring to B-man's post(which is too big to quote)....

...I've heard that ONLY the President can approve a bonus that large, and that it is ONLY done in special circumstances, when exceptional service is rendered.

How can Obama....

or more likely VALERIE JARRET! DAMMIT! WHY IS NOBODY ON TO THE NON-LADY OF THE US WHO HAS AN UNPRECEDENTED PERSONAL SECRET SERVICE UNIT? What is this, the Politburo?.....

.... not know about a bonus only they can award, due to service, only they can evaluate, and only they can deem deserving of said bonus?

If they awarded the bonus, then they HAD to be aware of exactly what she did.

Tell me, what does this look like to you? A coincidence, or, a paying off a political mercenary, for services rendered?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

...I've heard that ONLY the President can approve a bonus that large, and that it is ONLY done in special circumstances, when exceptional service is rendered.

How can Obama....

or more likely VALERIE JARRET! DAMMIT! WHY IS NOBODY ON TO THE NON-LADY OF THE US WHO HAS AN UNPRECEDENTED PERSONAL SECRET SERVICE UNIT? What is this, the Politburo?.....

.... not know about a bonus only they can award, due to service, only they can evaluate, and only they can deem deserving of said bonus?

If they awarded the bonus, then they HAD to be aware of exactly what she did.

Tell me, what does this look like to you? A coincidence, or, a paying off a political mercenary, for services rendered?

That total bonus was over three years---fwiw.

I once worked for a government entity that, if we made a deadline, the CTO would get a six-figure bonus. And we made the deadline - mostly by CTO fudging the definition of "in production". And the CTO got the bonus. And I'm pretty sure it was known about well before it was granted...

...which leads me to believe that what you heard may not be entirely correct. I don't know that it's incorrect, either...but I'd put a great big caveat around your statement.

I once worked for a government entity that, if we made a deadline, the CTO would get a six-figure bonus. And we made the deadline - mostly by CTO fudging the definition of "in production". And the CTO got the bonus. And I'm pretty sure it was known about well before it was granted...

...which leads me to believe that what you heard may not be entirely correct. I don't know that it's incorrect, either...but I'd put a great big caveat around your statement.

I have no doubt that what I heard may be incorrect. But, it seems more likely that it isn't...as of this .5 hour. :lol: Think about it: doesn't it follow that the IRS, and only the IRS, would have a "has to be approved by the Prez" policy, specifically because it's the IRS? "We want to avoid corruption, or even the slightest chance that the IRS lifer employees could be accused of giving themselves bonuses, or the Republicans will kill us", a la the GSA scandal, seems like a policy that a career IRS leader would want in place.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/congressman-irs-asked-pro-life-group-about-the-content-of-their-prayers/article/2529924

During a House Ways and Means Committee hearing today, Rep. Aaron Schock, R-Ill., grilled outgoing IRS commissioner Steven Miller about the IRS targeting a pro-life group in Iowa.

“Their question, specifically asked from the IRS to the Coalition for Life of Iowa: ‘Please detail the content of the members of your organization’s prayers,’" Schock declared.

“Would that be an inappropriate question to a 501 c3 applicant?” asked Schock. “The content of one’s prayers?”

“It pains me to say I can’t speak to that one either,” Miller replied.

IRS sued for seizing 60 million medical records

http://www.washingto...edical-records/

Higher-Ups Knew of IRS Case

Hearing Shows Obama Administration Officials Were Told in June 2012 of Probe Into Tea-Party Targeting

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324767004578488833834357540.html

Edited by B-Man

Connect dots to Obama

• By MICHAEL GOODWIN

The standard police warning about con men applies to politicians, as well: When they tell you something that sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

So it goes with the White House claim that it knew nothing — nothing! — about the targeting of conservative groups by the Internal Revenue Service.

Of course the White House knew. And we already have the first piece of evidence.

The Friday hearing on what amounted to political profiling of anti-Obama groups took a huge step toward demolishing White House efforts to distance itself from the scandal. The agency’s inspector general testified that he told his bosses at the Treasury Department in June 2012 about his ongoing audit of public claims that the IRS was engaging in blatantly unfair treatment of conservatives. One of those he told at Treasury was Tim Geithner’s top deputy.

To believe the deputy, Neal Wolin, didn’t tell Geithner about such abuses, in the middle of a presidential campaign no less, is to believe they were all too busy to focus on politics. And to believe that Geithner didn’t warn the White House is to believe the IRS agents just made honest mistakes that coincidentally helped the incumbent president.

And to believe that nobody told Obama is to be willfully ignorant of human nature — and to be the kind of chump con men and politicians prey on.

The inspector general’s testimony also goes a long way to explaining why Obama didn’t give a straight answer to a reporter’s question a day earlier about what he knew and when he knew it. The well-drawn, precise question was about whether anybody in the White House knew about the IRS targeting

before last month, but Obama’s answer focused only on the contents of the audit that was released last week.

“I can assure you that I certainly did not know anything about the [inspector general] report,” Obama said. As I wrote Friday, that wasn’t even an artful dodge.

But it was an important one, because the press office earlier claimed that the White House counsel’s office only learned of the probe during the week of April 22. Yet new Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said in a TV interview that he learned about the probe in March, when he was Obama’s chief of staff. Lew said he was “outraged” at the findings, so let him say under oath he didn’t tell Obama.

The contradictory time lines explain Obama’s evasiveness. An honest answer to the question would reveal his supposed outrage about the IRS scandal to be as phony as his pledge to work with Congress to get the whole truth.