"Mistakes Were Made"

Except that that interpretation's a little misleading. I've never committed fraud in my job, for example...but if someone else on my project does, there's a decent chance I'd have "responsive documents" on my computer related to it.

When the WH said the Tea Party targeting was due to a couple of "rogue" employees in Ohio, pretty much everyone knew it was BS...but only the WH thought it wouldn't come back to bite them on the ass.

Now, those employees who feel the WH was referring to them as "rogue" don't like it very much, and they're spilling their guts.

This is going to get uglier by the day.

http://www.dailymail...sent-seven.html

The interviews, which are still ongoing, are being conducted by oversight committee staff in conjunction with House Ways and Means committee staff, and include both Republicans and Democrats.

The employee told those congressional investigators that IRS headquarters had also requested two specific cases for review.

Another employee, that witness said, 'wanted to have two cases that she couldn't -- Washington, D.C. wanted them, but she couldn't find the paper. So she requested me, through an email, to find these cases for her and to send them to Washington, D.C.'

'[The] allegation has been made, I think as you have seen in lots of press reports, that there were two rogue agents in Cincinnati that are sort of responsible for all of the issues that we have been talking about today.,' the investigator noted. 'What do you think about those allegations?'

'It's impossible.,' the employee replied. 'As an agent we are controlled by many, many people. We have to submit many, many reports. So the chance of two agents being rogue and doing things like that could never happen.'

Asked whether the problem 'was originated in and contained in the Cincinnati office,' as some Obama administration officials in Washington have claimed, the agent replied that 'I still hear people saying we were low level employees, so we were lower than dirt, according to people in D.C. So, take it for what it is.'

'They were basically throwing us underneath the bus.'

LOL......................oh the desperation.........Alinsky's rules won't work this time ............

IRS controversy turns personal, nasty

Posted by

CNN Chief Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper

(CNN) - An unusually harsh and personal war of words erupted on Sunday, even for the current hyper-partisan atmosphere in Washington, DC, with one of President Obama's top advisers bringing up the 40-year-old criminal record of the Republican congressman leading the investigation into alleged IRS abuses.

"Strong words from Mr Grand Theft Auto and suspected arsonist/insurance swindler," tweeted David Plouffe, the political guru (and unofficial adviser) for President Obama, referring to the chairman of the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.

"And loose ethically today," Plouffe ended his tweet, linking to a story about Issa answering questions on CNN's “State of the Union” with Candy Crowley about the controversy over IRS staffers targeting conservative groups for scrutiny, in which Issa referred to White House press secretary Jay Carney as a "paid liar."

Asked for a response to Plouffe's tweet, Issa's spokesman Frederick Hill told CNN, "Looks like the Chairman hit a nerve today. Hopefully President Obama follows Plouffe on Twitter and may finally see some information from a senior advisor about what's going on at the IRS."

LOL......................oh the desperation.........Alinsky's rules won't work this time ............

One again the WH goes into "throw the gun" defense mode. Plouffe has been particularly catty lately. It still boggles the mind that their common defense of what is happening at the IRS is that the person in charge was a Bush appointee.

Five years in...still Bush's fault.

I'm certain all of America looks forward to the next time it decides that we're best led by a community organizer.

150 People Arrested In NAACP Protest Against NC Republicans.

Gee....it's like the NAACP is just a bunch of democrat tools or something................

I wonder if the IRS has evaluated their tax-exempt status? . . .

I read the Purple People Beaters (SEIU) were there in spades yesterday to assist in the agitation.

To no one's surprise.

Edited by LABillzFan

More from today's testimony:

Witness: IRS warned us not to protest Planned Parenthood

FTA:

At a hearing today over the Internal Revenue Service and how it targeted conservative and pro-life group, the head of one pro-life organization provide details about

Sue Martinek, President of the
explained to the House Ways and Means Committee that her pro-life group “is a grass-roots, low-budget public charity founded in 2004, to provide prayer, education, and related activities about the sanctity of life from conception to death.”

This passage could have come directly from George Orwell’s imagination, emphasis mine:

“[T]he IRS continued questioning us,” Martinek continued. “On June 22, 2009, IRS Agent Richards sent us additional written requests, as follows: ‘Please explain how all of your activities, including the prayer meetings held outside of Planned Parenthood are considered educational as defined under 501©(3).”

She added: “Organizations exempt under 501©(3) may present opinions with scientific or medical facts.
Please explain in detail the activities at the prayer meetings. Also, please provide the percentage of time your organization spends on prayer groups as compared with the other activities of the organization.
Please explain in detail the signs that are being held up outside of Planned Parenthood and explain how they are considered educational.’ When we met at our next board meeting, we all were disappointed with the IRS’ request.”

Yes, when I pray to our Lord, I usually check in with my local IRS office to ensure I’m not transgressing their authority by appealing to Him. We are The Bureaucracy, and thou shalt have no other God before us.

More importantly, though, note that this began in June 2009 — long before Citizens United, with the Tea Party movement still in its nascent stage. This demonstrates a hostility to conservative, pro-life activism that existed within the IRS well before the supposed triggering event from the Supreme Court. It came well before the eruption of outrage at Congressional town-hall events during the recess of August 2009 that put the Tea Party movement on the national radar.

So what’s the excuse this time? Critics will certainly suspect that the administration tried to boost an important ally in Planned Parenthood by kneecapping its opponents, and so far none of the explanations offered by the IRS on the other targeting would explain this outrage.

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/04/witness-irs-warned-us-not-to-protest-planned-parenthood/

hehehehe, yet another bowl of schit for liberals, and especially liberal columnists to eat.....you can't pay for this, you can't plan this, but this is the single best political commercial you will see:

"We are not Occupy Oakland."

Heeeee! Plus she drops the fact that she got letters DIRECTLY from Lois Lerner. :lol: :lol: ....which Sekulow obviously had...and thus he strikes again.

Somebody on the D side better wake up and realize they are being played like a fiddle, and start demanding that Obama et al come clean, and take their hits, including resignations of the top WH people who are obviously involved(Is it not obvious yet? How do so many applications get immediately requested by DC to be processed there, instead of Cincy? This is not how bureaucracy operates in the wild. It normally works the opposite: push all the work down, take the credit for it getting done, and leave the blame down there if it doesn't. Demanding that it comes up, and risking actually having to do the work, or taking the blame if it doesn't get done? I've never, ever, seen it work that way. Not ever.), or the consequences for the Democratic party will be significant.

It's going to be hilarious watching what tools like Dana Milbank have to say now, especially after this http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-accuse-and-ask-questions-later/2013/06/03/d107e9e0-cc9c-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html latest weak ass attempt.

Gotta love it when the cover gets blown off the very next day. :lol: Proof now, Dana? The woman's signature is on the damn letter. You gonna tell us she doesn't read what she signs either?

I can't wait to see what this idiot writes next. He's now 0-4 on "covering actions".

C'mon OC............................didn't you get the memo.

The GOP is in danger of "overreaching"......................................everyone in the media says so.

I must have missed the press pieces about the dem's overreach with the ridiculous "war on women" narrative...................................lol

It's all falling down around them, and McDermott's idiocy just proves that. Since they cannot respond logically, they are responding emotionally. Consider: didn't McDermott KNOW he was going on right before Ryan? All the questions are scripted, and everybody has what everybody is going to ask, and the order, before the meeting starts.

Didn't McDermott KNOW that spewing idiocy like that, right before Ryan, is like sticking your whole arm into the tree grinder? This is no rookie Congressman. He just made himself look like a giant a-hole, and hung a curve for Ryan to knock out of the park...which WILL be on the news tonight. Ratings, period.

The simple answer: the Ds aren't thinking. They are are rattled. They are making unforced errors. McDermott could have made his point(not really a point, but still...) lots of ways, but his attempt at faking bemusement, again, choosing emotion and not logic, merely ended in the rest of us being: amused. :lol:

The Rs should smell the blood in the water. F, I can smell it through my machine. But they must take care to continue, as Ryan did, on the logical path, and knock them out with jabs, as Ryan did, not wild punches.

"This was a willful act of intimidation to discourage a point of view."

IRS targeting of Tea Party is no mere political scandal

Alabama Tea Party leader Becky Gerritson was roundly applauded yesterday when her voice cracked as she concluded her testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee about the illegal harassment of an estimated 500 conservative, religious and pro-Israel groups by the IRS during the 2010 and 2012 campaigns:

"This was a willful act of intimidation to discourage a point of view. What the government did to our little group in Wetumka, Ala., was un-American. It isn't a matter of firing or arresting individuals. The individuals who sought to intimidate us were acting as they thought they should in a government culture that has little respect for its citizens.

Gerritson's words highlight the crucial element of the IRS scandal that sets it apart from previous abuses of the federal tax agency: Where before the power of the IRS was used as an opposition research tool or against a very small number of groups representing a relatively narrow slice of one end of the ideological spectrum, the present outrages were systematically committed by officials in multiple offices across the country over a long period of time against representatives of a grassroots political movement supported by major portions of the American electorate.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/examiner-editorial-irs-targeting-of-tea-party-is-no-mere-political-scandal/article/2531134

I saw this awhile back but don't think it ever got posted here. Some coincidence, eh?

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/05/20/obama-and-the-irs-the-smoking/print

By Jeffrey Lord on 5.20.13 @ 6:11AM

President met with anti-Tea Party IRS union chief the day before agency targeted Tea Party.

“For me, it’s about collaboration.” — National Treasury Employees Union President Colleen Kelley on the relationship between the anti-Tea Party IRS union and the Obama White House

Is President Obama directly implicated in the IRS scandal?

Is the White House Visitors Log the trail to the smoking gun?

The stunning questions are raised by the following set of new facts.

March 31, 2010.

According to the White House Visitors Log, provided here in searchable form by U.S. News and World Report, the president of the anti-Tea Party National Treasury Employees Union, Colleen Kelley, visited the White House at 12:30pm that Wednesday noon time of March 31st.

The White House lists the IRS union leader’s visit this way:

Kelley, Colleen Potus 03/31/2010 12:30

In White House language, “POTUS” stands for “President of the United States.”

The very next day after her White House meeting with the President, according to the Treasury Department’s Inspector General’s Report, IRS employees — the same employees who belong to the NTEU — set to work in earnest targeting the Tea Party and conservative groups around America. The IG report wrote it up this way:

April 1-2, 2010: The new Acting Manager, Technical Unit, suggested the need for a Sensitive Case Report on the Tea Party cases. The Determinations Unit Program Manager Agreed.

In short: the very day after the president of the quite publicly anti-Tea Party labor union — the union for IRS employees — met with President Obama, the manager of the IRS “Determinations Unit Program agreed” to open a “Sensitive Case report on the Tea party cases.” As stated by the IG report.

I saw this awhile back but don't think it ever got posted here. Some coincidence, eh?

http://spectator.org...e-smoking/print

By Jeffrey Lord on 5.20.13 @ 6:11AM

President met with anti-Tea Party IRS union chief the day before agency targeted Tea Party.

“For me, it’s about collaboration.” — National Treasury Employees Union President Colleen Kelley on the relationship between the anti-Tea Party IRS union and the Obama White House

Is President Obama directly implicated in the IRS scandal?

Is the White House Visitors Log the trail to the smoking gun?

The stunning questions are raised by the following set of new facts.

March 31, 2010.

According to the White House Visitors Log, provided here in searchable form by U.S. News and World Report, the president of the anti-Tea Party National Treasury Employees Union, Colleen Kelley, visited the White House at 12:30pm that Wednesday noon time of March 31st.

The White House lists the IRS union leader’s visit this way:

Kelley, Colleen Potus 03/31/2010 12:30

In White House language, “POTUS” stands for “President of the United States.”

The very next day after her White House meeting with the President, according to the Treasury Department’s Inspector General’s Report, IRS employees — the same employees who belong to the NTEU — set to work in earnest targeting the Tea Party and conservative groups around America. The IG report wrote it up this way:

April 1-2, 2010: The new Acting Manager, Technical Unit, suggested the need for a Sensitive Case Report on the Tea Party cases. The Determinations Unit Program Manager Agreed.

In short: the very day after the president of the quite publicly anti-Tea Party labor union — the union for IRS employees — met with President Obama, the manager of the IRS “Determinations Unit Program agreed” to open a “Sensitive Case report on the Tea party cases.” As stated by the IG report.

Washington doesn't move that quickly. That's nothing more than a coincidence - or, if you prefer, a "propter hoc correlation".

I like John Stewart's bit.

So the head of the IRS visited the WH 157 times. Really? You need to visit that many times regarding this. It should be one time of "Go target the Tea Party!" and 156 visits of "So, about that thing."

:lol:

Maybe this had been discussed previously and this was the final "ok"?

It still doesn't move that fast.

And that's even worse speculation than what you clipped from the Spectator - trying to make a single data point fit the preconceived narrative by postulating other, unknown data points. That's conner-level retarded.

It still doesn't move that fast.

And that's even worse speculation than what you clipped from the Spectator - trying to make a single data point fit the preconceived narrative by postulating other, unknown data points. That's conner-level retarded.

Quit being a prick. After all we've seen so far on this matter, and after all we know about Obama's methods you don't think it strange that he would have the president of the union in to see him? About what? He's comfortable with unions and I see him working this channel to get his message across rather than the traditional chain of command. Would you expect him to call up the Treasury Secretary so he could pass the word on down to the IRS Director and on & on? No, this is domething that has to be done with a nod and a wink.

Quit being a prick. After all we've seen so far on this matter, and after all we know about Obama's methods you don't think it strange that he would have the president of the union in to see him? About what? He's comfortable with unions and I see him working this channel to get his message across rather than the traditional chain of command. Would you expect him to call up the Treasury Secretary so he could pass the word on down to the IRS Director and on & on? No, this is domething that has to be done with a nod and a wink.

Quit being an idiot. You're speculating that because they met, they hatched a grand plan either 1) when they met, which is a ridiculous allegation, or 2) before they met, in secret meetings we don't know about, which is an even MORE ridiculous allegation. And THEN you're speculating that they got this moving in less than a day from the word "go," which is a SUPREMELY ridiculous allegation.

All based on one meeting the day before. Get real, moron.

What were IRS biggies really doing at the White House?

A likely place to look is Stephanie Cutter's presence in multiple White House meetings with senior IRS officials. Cutter was the sharp-edged deputy campaign manager for the Obama re-election effort, beginning in September 2011 and continuing through Election Day. Hers was an unfailingly shrill voice supporting the president wherever the campaign went across the country. Cutter told CNN's Jake Tapper this week that there was "nothing nefarious going on" when she met with then-IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman before the 2012 election. Shulman made 155 White House visits while running the IRS, far more than any of Obama's Cabinet secretaries. The IRS has a major role in Obamacare, so there is some plausibility to Shulman's claim that the health care program was his sole reason for ringing the White House door bell so often.

It is far less plausible to claim, however, that planning the IRS role in Obamacare required the presence of the deputy manager for the Obama re-election campaign. The IRS chief wouldn't have been interested in the campaign's Obamacare communications strategy, and any talk about campaign fundraising likely would have been illegal. So what was Cutter doing in White House meetings with the IRS commissioner? Odds are somebody in the White House took meeting notes.

Cutter also should be asked under oath whether she was there for any of the 165 White House meetings, tallied by WatchdogLabs.org, that were attended by Sarah Hall Ingram. Ingram headed the IRS department most directly responsible for the illegal harassment before being promoted to manage the tax agency's role in Obamacare. Curiously, WatchdogLabs.org also determined that between them, Shulman and Ingram attended more than 300 White House meetings but never once attended the same meeting. A reasonable person could conclude from these facts that Obamacare wasn't the sole subject on the White House agendas of these two senior IRS executives.

http://washingtonexa...article/2531245