Wegmans named best workplace in U.S.

Mike32282

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime we're back in the area we go there!! Best supermarket in the country. Certainly much better than you find anywhere in New England. Great food, service, employees etc... Congrats to Wegmans and its employees!!!

Anytime we're back in the area we go there!!  Best supermarket in the country.  Certainly much better than you find anywhere in New England.  Great food, service, employees etc...  Congrats to Wegmans and its employees!!!

200660[/snapback]

Everytime I left a Wegmans I felt like someone just robbed me. Yes, they have great bells and whistles, but they are no longer a store for the working man. If you shop at Wegmans its because you have plenty of disposable cash or like most of the people they go there to visit with their neighbors in the isleways

It is not, and that probably is what creates such a great relationship between the employees and ownership.

I worked at Wegman's (Dick Road in Buffalo) growing up and loved it. They paid HALF of  my college (Buffalo State) tuition with their scholarship program and I had health insurance and paid vacation time... All as a part timer. The people I knew who worked at Tops as part timers paid Union dues and because they were part time STILL had to pay extra if they wanted insurance.

Congratualations Wegman's. They've been working their way up the top 10 list for a few years.  :D

200589[/snapback]

Why do companies try so hard to avoid unions? Because they are looking out for the best interests of the workers? Like Walmart?

Sorry, with all of their faults, I place more trust in the unions that you seem to hold in contempt than I do in corporations.

Maybe Wegmans is one exception, then again maybe not.

Anytime we're back in the area we go there!!  Best supermarket in the country.  Certainly much better than you find anywhere in New England.  Great food, service, employees etc...  Congrats to Wegmans and its employees!!!

200660[/snapback]

Angelo's Markets were always nice. Don't know if they were local to the Cape, though.

If anyone who works there visits here, which is more than likely, Congrats! You should be proud of this achievement. I love going in to Wegmans. No matter how busy they are it always seems like they have enough staff to get you through the checkout line rapidly. the atmosphere/ambiance in the stores is always relaxed. And I have never had a bad experience with any of the employees. Wegmans is a class act.

Now, going in to Tops in another experience in itself. :D

200541[/snapback]

Wegmans cashiers are 10x hotter too...

Why do companies try so hard to avoid unions? Because they are looking out for the best interests of the workers? Like Walmart?

Sorry, with all of their faults, I place more trust in the unions that you seem to hold in contempt than I do in corporations.

200666[/snapback]

Bill, Bill, Bill. There's a reason the Mafia got involved in so many unions.

Wegmans cashiers are 10x hotter too...

200684[/snapback]

NO DOUBT!!!! They must be required to wear those tight black pants.....aye carumba.

I try to get at the last available check out line so I can check out the goods from behind on the way out.

I've worked at Wegmans in Webster for six years and it is a great company and a great place to work. I have been a Customer Service Rep. Part-Time and I can easily say it will be a very sad day when I graduate from UB this May and finally leave Wegmans for good.

NO DOUBT!!!! They must be required to wear those tight black pants.....aye carumba.

I try to get at the last available check out line so I can check out the good from behind on the way out.

200723[/snapback]

I'm not afraid to admit I've gone to a grocery store and waited in a longer checkout line based on the hottness of the cashier.

Sad, I know.

200666[/snapback]

Bill, Wegmans does have a Union side...There truck drivers are all teamsters, well I know they where 15 years ago and I am quite sure they still are. A very good friend of my brothers drove for them, while his daughter worked as a cashier for the store while going to school. I remember when some food service union out of Utica (hmmm...) was leafletting Wegmans and running a "soft" picket line at some of the stores the Teamsters rolled right on through, my brotehrs friend was quick to point out, and I would ask you, "what would the union offer my daughter that Wegmans doesn't? It would only be a drag on her income." Yes there is a place for unions but the union was created, and grew out of poor treatment of employees, no one treats its employees or its customers better. Wegmans is no Wal-Mart!

Anyone been to a Stew Leonard's? I heard they're also very nice.

200634[/snapback]

I don't consider Stew's a real supermarket, you wouldn't buy cleaning supplies, or other non consumables there. Also the shop is setup like a one way street, you follow the flow from entrance to exit, there are some exit points along the way, but the first and only time we went we walked the entire place. Good Mozzarella.

All hail Wegmans!!

screw Tops, they bought and knocked down ROC-MAR Bowling Lanes, which my great aunt owned and I grew up in that place (grampa was manager, so was uncle)... I loved it and I am still bitter that they took part of my childhood away... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: TOPS!

I have a bunch of friends that have and still do work at Wegmans and they all had great things to say. We live near both Tops and Wegos and I have to say, hands down, Wegos is the best. Prices, cleanliness, produce, meat, all better. Also is nice to get some of the perks my buds get...Amerks, Red Wings tix!

I love Wegmans...even though they wouldn't hire me to stock shelves late at night

during the interview, they asked me "after you finish your CHEMICAL ENGINEERING degree, how role will Wegmans play in your future?"

my answer "...I'll shop here?"

what was I supposed to do...I ended up working at UPS instead

i haven't been to an equivalent grocery store anywhere else in the country