49ers: ''Levi's Stadium''

Sure, because it's in the middle of nowhere and 50 miles from SF. WTF??? :doh:

I don't like the decision the Niners made to leave San Francisco either.

As you're aware, they built their corporate headquarters and practice facilities down here years ago.

Almost seems like the stadium was a fait accompli.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Bills should have Wrangler Stadium. A Levi's contract would be too binding, and we'd soon realize the luxuriant combed cotton dome wouldn't work in Buffalo winters. Perhaps Carhartt Stadium?

I am okay with Amazon Stadium (only if we could have a Lingerie Football Team).

I am not OK with Dickies Stadium, American Eagle Stadium, Hollister Stadium, Abercrombie Stadium, or JCrew Stadium.

Actually, Bills should have Wrangler Stadium. A Levi's contract would be too binding, and we'd soon realize the luxuriant combed cotton dome wouldn't work in Buffalo winters. Perhaps Carhartt Stadium?

I am okay with Amazon Stadium (only if we could have a Lingerie Football Team).

I am not OK with Dickies Stadium, American Eagle Stadium, Hollister Stadium, Abercrombie Stadium, or JCrew Stadium.

I'm thinking Banana Republic Stadium would be a bad idea too.

Het Nitro- when was the last time you were out this way and in the Presidio? I think you would find it to be vastly different. When I first moved here, it was transitioning from the military to a park. They have transformed it completely. Lots of companies moved in to the old military barracks and office buildings. Lucas has his studio there now. The waterfront has been completely redone. I go there all the time with the kids. Presidio Bowl still remains! My favorite place in the park. You should check it out some day.

I saw that they tore down Letterman Hosp to make way for Lucas films. I Check up on a couple of old army buddes and they told me that Fort Point is untouched but Crissy Field was transformed. If I get back in the area, it is usually San Mateo way or San Raphael. Will let you know.

Right, because so many local companies are lining up to spend $10M per year to name the stadium. The 49ers deal is 20 years/ $220M. Buffalo would be lucky to get $1M per year.

$220M....not really loserville. Sounds like a great deal to me.

See the post above, M&T bank pays for the naming rights for Baltimore stadium Wilson and his underling Branden are fools

Historically this is entirely appropriate. Levi Strauss moved to San Francisco from Ny City to sell his durable clothes to the people who were the original 49 rs. The Gold miners. Levis is a San Francisco HQ company and has been there since it's inception.

I saw that they tore down Letterman Hosp to make way for Lucas films. I Check up on a couple of old army buddes and they told me that Fort Point is untouched but Crissy Field was transformed. If I get back in the area, it is usually San Mateo way or San Raphael. Will let you know.

Chrissy Field is beautiful. The Presidio was designated as a National Park & had to be self-sufficient with in 15 years & did so a couple of years earlier than the deadline, I believe. Many of the former houses have been updated & are were made avialable as rentals. More changes & improvements are still being planned.