Can't We All Just Get Along?

A lesson we can all learn, here. I've butted heads with a few people here over the years (including Chef), but have learned to respect, and enjoy hearing their opinions. I work with people all day whose political views I don't agree with, but I still think of them as friends. On an internet message board it is sometimes hareder to recognize that.

Now, the cynical side of me thinks this is a desperate attempt by two celebs who are strongly id'd with their political stance trying to rehabilitate their images a bit. I will say, I think Penn is a far more talented actor/director than Kid Rock is a singer/rapper, or whatever the hell he fancys himself. As a leftie, I will normally support a film that Penn is involved with, because I think he is normally involved with quality projects. And, to some degree, I respect that he has put his money, where his mouth is over the years, for his pet poltical projects. I don't necessarily always agree with his poiltical points of view.

He has made himself an easy target for conservatives when they want to deride "hollywood limousine liberals". Maybe I am giving a bit too much credit, but I have a hunch his motivations for wanting to rehab his mainstream image is to get his message heard...

Working a bit in the music arena, I can say, Kid Rock seems to have been in a damage control mode the last year or so, as his stated poltical pov seems to have alienated a bit of his fan base. He has back-tracked on strongly worded anti-Obame rhetoric, which may have sounded great in front of a crowd, but didn't translate so well in regards to his "Q" rating.

Working a bit in the music arena, I can say, Kid Rock seems to have been in a damage control mode the last year or so, as his stated poltical pov seems to have alienated a bit of his fan base. He has back-tracked on strongly worded anti-Obame rhetoric, which may have sounded great in front of a crowd, but didn't translate so well in regards to his "Q" rating.

But anti-Romney rhetoric is a crowd-pleaser correct?

By the way, Penn is a supporter of Assad. !@#$ him.

Edited by meazza

Even though I posted this I didn't watch it too closely seeing it was actually kind of dumb but I thought it was a nice microcosim of this place. We fight over politics but there is one bond and that is most of us are for were from WNY which is a huge bond. It'she main reason I'm still here seeing I really don't care too much about the Bills anymore.

But I do want to point out the parts I paid attention to it seems that Kid Rock was made fun of the most.. Hmmmm, surprising.

But anti-Romney rhetoric is a crowd-pleaser correct?

By the way, Penn is a supporter of Assad. !@#$ him.

Well, no I didn't say that. And, I didn't say I agreed with all of Penn's politics...just that I trust him more to put out a good film, more than I trust Kid Rock to put out a good album. Penns' crowd is much different than Kid Rocks', and they communicate in different mediums. Rock blasted Obama at his concerts, but then scrambled around, afterwards trying to do damage control, because, right or wrong, he realized that he had turned off a lot of his fans.

Even though I posted this I didn't watch it too closely seeing it was actually kind of dumb but I thought it was a nice microcosim of this place. We fight over politics but there is one bond and that is most of us are for were from WNY which is a huge bond. It'she main reason I'm still here seeing I really don't care too much about the Bills anymore.

But I do want to point out the parts I paid attention to it seems that Kid Rock was made fun of the most.. Hmmmm, surprising.

If that is the case, keep in mind, Kid Rock was the producer and co-writer for the film...Penn was only reading his lines man! :lol:

Edited by Buftex

Ok this is hard for me.... as you know. But I have also come to respect most of the people on this board that I butt heads with. Even... Oh god, ...this is hard to say... even.. ...3rd. There, it's out.

But you're all still !@#$in' idiots.

Ok this is hard for me.... as you know. But I have also come to respect most of the people on this board that I butt heads with. Even... Oh god, ...this is hard to say... even.. ...3rd. There, it's out.

It's ok BFBF, there's reason that you can hate your puppet masters. Doesn't matter, I'll still dictate your thoughts and actions.

*Bigfatbillsfan walks to the front of the forum with a guitar case. He pulls a guitar from the case and begins the process of of strapping it around his neck and checks the tuning. (He then has to squirm away from 3rd as 3rd tries to cram his hand up his ass while saying "But, I just want to make you my sock puppet!") He then begins the slow strumming of Kumbaya.

Much like the famous Christmas Eve truce of WWI the members of PPP stop their arguing one by one and start to join in until all are singing together in one voice. And for one shining moment, there they all were, not divided, but one in the knowledge of their freedom the argue their viewpoints, however different they may be.

When the song is over he silently unstraps the guitar places it back in the case and without saying a work leaves the forum. (as he's leaving 3rd shouts out: "But... I thought we were going to play 'sock puppet'!)*

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

So you have respect for idiots? Hmm, I think this says more about you these socalled idiots.

I'm pretty sure the feeling isn't mutual.

So you have respect for idiots? Hmm, I think this says more about you these socalled idiots.

That? That's just a correlation. But a very strong one, so it's causation, so he respects you because you're all idiots.

I'm pretty sure the feeling isn't mutual.

That? That's just a correlation. But a very strong one, so it's causation, so he respects you because you're all idiots.

I can't believe I tried to have an intelligent discussion with this kind of idiotic nonsense. When not able to put forth an argument of correlation relative to causation vs propter hoc correlation induced by variable flooding you went from bullshitting, to to straw man, to "I'm right because my degree is in a real science", to pouting, and now we seem to be to the pouting phase.

It's embarrassing for me just to watch. I can only imagine what what you must be going thru.

Be happy that I can have respect for idiots. Or I wouldn't have any respect or people like you and 3rd. And now that my song is over and our moment of "getting along" is over why don't you shut the !@#$ up and go cook some spaghetti!

I can't believe I tried to have an intelligent discussion with this kind of idiotic nonsense. When not able to put forth an argument of correlation relative to causation vs propter hoc correlation induced by variable flooding you went from bullshitting, to to straw man, to "I'm right because my degree is in a real science", to pouting, and now we seem to be to the pouting phase.

Seriously? What thread were you reading?

It's embarrassing for me just to watch. I can only imagine what what you must be going thru.

Be happy that I can have respect for idiots. Or I wouldn't have any respect or people like you and 3rd. And now that my song is over and our moment of "getting along" is over why don't you shut the !@#$ up and go cook some spaghetti!

BFBF--some friendly advice--know the players---Chef doesn't cook spaghetti anymore, except at home. He now cooks the books at work. You have to understand the art of dissing on your own, it's not something that is easily explainable so unless you are willing to invest more than you should, I'm not willing to bring you up to speed. Regardless, thanks for the many shout outs here. I'm glad you are thinking of me.

The one where you went from bullshiting to straw man to "I'm right because my degree is in a real science" to pouting, and now you seem to have moved on to the denial phase.

As I recall, you were the one who posted bull **** about correlation equaling causation. Then you threw the "I have a degree" thing in everyone's face. Then you brought up CCM. Then you pretended that I did all that. Bullshitting, to "argument to authority," to strawman, to denial. I mean, the thread's still here...anyone can go back and verify that.

So again...what the hell thread were you reading?

As I recall, you were the one who posted bull **** about correlation equaling causation. Then you threw the "I have a degree" thing in everyone's face. Then you brought up CCM. Then you pretended that I did all that. Bullshitting, to "argument to authority," to strawman, to denial. I mean, the thread's still here...anyone can go back and verify that.

So again...what the hell thread were you reading?

The one where you went from bullshiting to straw man to "I'm right because my degree is in a real science" to pouting.

BFBF--some friendly advice--know the players---Chef doesn't cook spaghetti anymore, except at home. He now cooks the books at work. You have to understand the art of dissing on your own, it's not something that is easily explainable so unless you are willing to invest more than you should, I'm not willing to bring you up to speed. Regardless, thanks for the many shout outs here. I'm glad you are thinking of me.

I think I recall him having having something to do with investing. Doesn't matter. He can still cook spaghetti. :D

Edit, and enjoy the shout outs while they last. I'm home recovering from surgery. Soon I will disappear back into the ether again. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan