NFL 2013 Post-Draft Starting Lineups from Rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43199/59/post-draft-nfl-lineup-rankings?pg=1

Bills Ranked #30:

30. Buffalo Bills

QB: E.J. Manuel*

RB: C.J. Spiller

WR: Stevie Johnson

WR: Robert Woods*

WR: T.J. Graham

TE: Scott Chandler

LT: Cordy Glenn

LG: Sam Young

C: Eric Wood

RG: Kraig Urbik

RT: Chris Hairston

Offensive Overview: Manuel is penciled in as the starter because first-round quarterbacks rarely sit and watch these days. If Manuel and Kevin Kolb play to a draw in preseason action, tie goes to the rookie. Of course, Manuel is so raw coming out of Florida State that he may not even put up a fight. The Bills will struggle to score points this year whenever they fall out of position to force feed Spiller the rock. Kolb can move an offense if his protection is sound, but Buffalo's front five is shakier with Andy Levitre gone to Nashville. Tight end is a mess with Chandler recovering from ACL surgery, and as good a route runner as Johnson is, he's not a true NFL No. 1 receiver. Woods' game is similar to Johnson's. The player that could give Buffalo the biggest offensive lift is undrafted wideout Da'Rick Rogers. And he's probably a missed meeting away from getting cut.

LE: Mario Williams

RE: Mark Anderson

DT: Marcell Dareus

DT: Kyle Williams

MLB: Kiko Alonso*

WLB: Nigel Bradham

SLB: Manny Lawson*

RCB: Stephon Gilmore

LCB: Leodis McKelvin

FS: Jairus Byrd

SS: Da'Norris Searcy

Defensive Overview: No NFL defense underachieved to a greater extent than Buffalo's in 2012, which makes it difficult to buy what Doug Marrone and Mike Pettine are selling until there are tangible signs of improvement. Not plans regarding defensive approach, not camp reports, not preseason performance, and nothing that the additions of Lawson, Alonso, or Jerry Hughes will fix. Seeing is believing. On paper, there aren't five better front fours than the Bills'. Theoretically, they have promising pieces at linebacker. Gilmore looks like a future shutdown corner, and Byrd is the best free safety in the league. Along with Rex Ryan, Pettine annually turned out top-ten defenses with the Jets. But the Bills ranked 22nd in defense last year and 26th in points allowed. They were 31st against the run. This defense can't be taken seriously until it shows it should be.

There are really two schools of thought in these power rankings. 1] You are what you are until you prove otherwise, and 2] This is what you can, should, and maybe likely will be.

The problem is, the people that make power rankings interchange those two contradictory philosophies depending on which fits their desired rank at the time.

They had to justify their #30 ranking by giving the most awful outlook possible... this is some worst case scenario stuff...

But rightfully so I guess...

I think it's a bit tough but fair.

Respect is earned.

The Bills get no respect on Cinco de Mayo.

Hopefully they'll have lots of respect on Cinco de Febrero.

There are really two schools of thought in these power rankings. 1] You are what you are until you prove otherwise, and 2] This is what you can, should, and maybe likely will be.

The problem is, the people that make power rankings interchange those two contradictory philosophies depending on which fits their desired rank at the time.

Factored into any consideration has to be who's playing the poker hand. Gailey's staff including Wannstedt vs. Marrone's staff with Pettine.

The bottom line is that the new coaching staff has to get the most out of the personnel by putting the talent in the best possible position for success with both matchups and scheme. I have the feeling that Marrone's coaching staff will be far better at doing this than the previous regime under Chan.

Time tells no lies...we shall see.

I think that the ranking is certainly harsh. Yes, the QB is a bit of an unknown but in terms of overall roster talent I say that the Bills are ahead of: Jets, Raiders, Browns, Jags, Cardinals, Panthers?, Eagles?, Titans?, Rams?, Chargers?

That is 5 teams that I think that they defintiely are more talented than and another 5 that can certainly be deabted.

I don't think this is fair - however, it is speculation, and as such, shouldn't be taken any more seriously than mock drafts.

Look at the defensive projections - its a 4-3; we're running a base 3-4.

Still, like most have noted, I don't care what people think or say - they could have predicted the Bills at #1 - and we'd of thought it MORE ridiculous; point is, the Bills are the Bills, and we will get respect when we deserve respect. I COULDN't STAND watching this defense over the past 5 plus years. We weren't a defense worth respecting. And, with Gailey's insistence on starting Fitzpatrick, we lost credibility there, too - I mean, it looked ridiculous that we insisted on a QB who couldn't make necessary NFL throws.

I want a team that is tough, that other teams DON'T WANT TO PLAY. When we get there, we'll deserve a good ranking - and if no one thinks we're good enough, it won't matter, because the Bills fans will know when we've arrived - it might be with a 9-6 season this year, or a playoff berth, but we'll know it when we see it - and, I think its coming with this staff.

I think it's a bit tough but fair.

Respect is earned.

The Bills get no respect on Cinco de Mayo.

Hopefully they'll have lots of respect on Cinco de Febrero.

I agree its a respectable "con" argument. I buy into the "pro" more because a) I think our O line is good not "shaky", b) pettine should be able to do a heck of a lot more fielding a modern defense than wannie, c) linebackers will be better and d) Fitz is gone

http://www.rotoworld...p-rankings?pg=1

Bills Ranked #30:

30. Buffalo Bills

QB: E.J. Manuel*

RB: C.J. Spiller

WR: Stevie Johnson

WR: Robert Woods*

WR: T.J. Graham

TE: Scott Chandler

LT: Cordy Glenn

LG: Sam Young

C: Eric Wood

RG: Kraig Urbik

RT: Chris Hairston

Offensive Overview: Manuel is penciled in as the starter because first-round quarterbacks rarely sit and watch these days. If Manuel and Kevin Kolb play to a draw in preseason action, tie goes to the rookie. Of course, Manuel is so raw coming out of Florida State that he may not even put up a fight. The Bills will struggle to score points this year whenever they fall out of position to force feed Spiller the rock. Kolb can move an offense if his protection is sound, but Buffalo's front five is shakier with Andy Levitre gone to Nashville. Tight end is a mess with Chandler recovering from ACL surgery, and as good a route runner as Johnson is, he's not a true NFL No. 1 receiver. Woods' game is similar to Johnson's. The player that could give Buffalo the biggest offensive lift is undrafted wideout Da'Rick Rogers. And he's probably a missed meeting away from getting cut.

LE: Mario Williams

RE: Mark Anderson

DT: Marcell Dareus

DT: Kyle Williams

MLB: Kiko Alonso*

WLB: Nigel Bradham

SLB: Manny Lawson*

RCB: Stephon Gilmore

LCB: Leodis McKelvin

FS: Jairus Byrd

SS: Da'Norris Searcy

Defensive Overview: No NFL defense underachieved to a greater extent than Buffalo's in 2012, which makes it difficult to buy what Doug Marrone and Mike Pettine are selling until there are tangible signs of improvement. Not plans regarding defensive approach, not camp reports, not preseason performance, and nothing that the additions of Lawson, Alonso, or Jerry Hughes will fix. Seeing is believing. On paper, there aren't five better front fours than the Bills'. Theoretically, they have promising pieces at linebacker. Gilmore looks like a future shutdown corner, and Byrd is the best free safety in the league. Along with Rex Ryan, Pettine annually turned out top-ten defenses with the Jets. But the Bills ranked 22nd in defense last year and 26th in points allowed. They were 31st against the run. This defense can't be taken seriously until it shows it should be.

Bills offense on paper looks hideous.