Most overlooked off-season priority

d_wag

we need to get nate signed THIS off-season......he gets better every year and is headed to the pro bowl next season (he got screwed this year, but his name around the league is growing)......if he hits the open market he is good as gone, so TD needs to take away that carrot as soon as possible and fork over a nice signing bonus......the longer TD waits to get it done, the higher the price will be.......

we need to get nate signed THIS off-season......he gets better every year and is headed to the pro bowl next season (he got screwed this year, but his name around the league is growing)......if he hits the open market he is good as gone, so TD needs to take away that carrot as soon as possible and fork over a nice signing bonus......the longer TD waits to get it done, the higher the price will be.......

200027[/snapback]

I've mentioned it several times already. Assuming NC and his agent are willing partners, TD needs to make it happen!

After seeing what Winfield received in FA, it will be tough to sign Nate to a cap friendly deal. We'll see.

200044[/snapback]

it's called "market value"........just because the contract is for alot of cash doesn't mean it isn't a smart deal.........we're in good cap shape and can afford to pay our marquee talent what they are worth........it's better then developing players and then taking the cheap route by letting them walk and replacing them with 2nd tier talent........

nate is good, and he deserves to be paid as such.......the longer TD waits, the higher the price gets........

After seeing what Winfield received in FA, it will be tough to sign Nate to a cap friendly deal. We'll see.

200044[/snapback]

The difference being, Nate is worth the $$$.

I agree, extending NC should be the #1 contract-related priority for TD this off-season.

I say sign him soon. I hated him all season long up till the last game. After seeing him blow the play in the Jacksonville game. Remember the Jags had 4th and very long, and stupid Clemants went for the pick instead of knocking the ball down?! Hated him all year, but he redeemed himself in the last game for the pick off and the score! Sign him.

Yeah, never mind it could very well be true.  Hard to believe an athlete would try and get the most money they can when the one time all the stars are lined up for them happens.  :D

Reality sucks.

200141[/snapback]

it's an excuse........if nate is as motivated by cash as you say he is, fine, open up the checkbook and pay the man.......if the offer is fair he will take it, and cash his signing bonus 12 months in advance.........

what is cheaper - now or later? now by a longshot, and given the fact i and many other would hate to see him go, give him a market value deal and get it done.......no excuses required.......he's a good young player, we developed him, he's earned his contract, so pay him........end of story.......

but the bottom line is TD is cheap and will play his usual lowball games........he does it with everyone.......

Clements needs to be signed but after Pat and Jonas if possible. Clements really shaped up his game after his coordinator called him out to the media. Ever since Jerry Gray said Nate could be the top corner in the league if he played more consistent. Since then Nate didn't make many mistakes on defense.

it's an excuse........if nate is as motivated by cash as you say he is, fine, open up the checkbook and pay the man.......if the offer is fair he will take it, and cash his signing bonus 12 months in advance.........

what is cheaper - now or later? now by a longshot, and given the fact i and many other would hate to see him go, give him a market value deal and get it done.......no excuses required.......he's a good young player, we developed him, he's earned his contract, so pay him........end of story.......

but the bottom line is TD is cheap and will play his usual lowball games........he does it with everyone.......

200162[/snapback]

Hummm...Seems TD did pay a boatload to keep Moulds, and was able to work out a deal with Shobel.....Can we you have "selective" memory?

Hummm...Seems TD did pay a boatload to keep Moulds, and was able to work out a deal with Shobel.....Can we you have "selective" memory?

200214[/snapback]

he jerked around moulds and didn't get the deal done until days before his potential free agency......i'm sure that boatload would have been less if he hammered out a deal without being held over the barrell.......

with schobel, he also lowballed him last spring and early summer and schobel turned him down......only after TD stepped up the cash and gave him a real offer did schobel take it.......

like i said, it's TD game......i don't know who he thinks he is fooling, but it doesn't work.......