My Final Mock Draft: Go Bills!!!

iLikeChix

• Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

• This reminds me a lot of the CJ Spiller pic. People could argue that the Bills could try and fill a hole here by drafting a guard, but unfortunately guards dont win football games (hence not signing andy levitre). Tavon Austin is hands down the best player in this draft. One could argue (and would probably be correct) that a very large part of Geno Smiths success was a direct result of having the luxury of throwing the ball to tavon austin. Tavon had 572 all purpose yards in one game against Oklahoma. That is absolutely ridiculous. He also had big games against LSU and Bama. Pay the man!! He will 100% have a big impact on whatever team he plays on. If think Desean Jackson is good, just wait for Tavon. The Bills firmly believe that a QBs success hinges on the talent around him, so it would be fitting to take a playmaker first and their QB second. If the Bills are going by best player available, then Tavon Austin has to be the pick.

[*]

Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

• Wilson is no doubt the toughest QB in the quarterback class. There is no QB who does better under pressure than Tyler Wilson. He was selected first team all SEC in his first season of play. SEC is the conference most like the NFL and the conference the Nix wants to draft a QB out of. Tyler lost his best receivers to the NFL draft, lost his HC & OC, and suffered from dismal O Line Play. Consider that all that **** happened to him in the SEC and its a wonder that he even made it through alive (although he did have a concussion). This guys has all the intangibles, hes a hard worker, tough competitor. Many say his small hands will hurt him but I personally think that is a bunch of bull ****. Wilson is underrated because he was put in horrible circumstance last year (he actually played pretty well).

[*]

Tharold Simon, CB, LSU

• after moving Aaron Williams to safety, the Bills desperately need a new big corner. Tharold is 6 feet and 2 inches tall. 202 lbs. We all know buddy nix loves gues from the SEC. Weve taken Brooks and Sheppard.

• Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

• covered when hes not type of receiver. Put up really good numbers at marshall. He rarely ever drops a ball. 6 foot 3 210 pounds, so hes got size. Good leaping ability and can make catches in traffic. Very good route runner. I originally had the Bills taking Dobson in the second, and then I saw hes projected between 3-5. Pretty huge range there. We draft at the top of the fourth, so Im hoping we have the opportunity to snag dobson. If not, I actually think we should try and trade up for him despite Nix not wanting to give away picks.

[*]

Ryan Griffin, TE, Connecticut

• we have a need at tight end. this guy is big and catches the ball well. really productive at conneticut. the bills brought him in for a visit, which really prompted this pick. it is kinda weird to bring in a tight end from connecticut though. Also, we draft marcus easley from Conneticut. I think that might show a stronger than normal preference towards that school. Scott Chandlers injury makes this a need. This guy actually has pretty good upside (scouts compared him to kevin boss). Pretty damn good for a 6th.

[*]

Mark Harrison, WR, Rutgers

• 6 feet 3 inches. 233 pounds. 4.37 forty. 38.5 vertical. Also had one really productive year at Rutgers and looks like a natural play maker. Huge upside.

I really like your thoughts and rationales.

Clearly you've given this a lot of thought.

I agree that the Bills have to consider Austin at #8. He might be the only elite talent available when they pick.

I also agree that Tyler Wilson is the toughest QB in the draft. I've watched every video available of every QB and it was a point of pride with Tyler to never show the other team that he was hurt on a play. The kid is a fighter with a lot of moxie. I like him as much as Nassib and more than Barkley.

Was watching Espn with Bill Polian and he doesn't think that his size will allow him to,have a long career in the nfl. Since 2002 guys of his size don't last long do you wanna spend a top 10 pick on a guy that may not play long for your team??? I like the pick because he's a playmaker but am amazed how little discussion the board has had about him

• Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

• This reminds me a lot of the CJ Spiller pic. People could argue that the Bills could try and fill a hole here by drafting a guard, but unfortunately guards dont win football games (hence not signing andy levitre). Tavon Austin is hands down the best player in this draft. One could argue (and would probably be correct) that a very large part of Geno Smiths success was a direct result of having the luxury of throwing the ball to tavon austin. Tavon had 572 all purpose yards in one game against Oklahoma. That is absolutely ridiculous. He also had big games against LSU and Bama. Pay the man!! He will 100% have a big impact on whatever team he plays on. If think Desean Jackson is good, just wait for Tavon. The Bills firmly believe that a QBs success hinges on the talent around him, so it would be fitting to take a playmaker first and their QB second. If the Bills are going by best player available, then Tavon Austin has to be the pick.

[*]

Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

• Wilson is no doubt the toughest QB in the quarterback class. There is no QB who does better under pressure than Tyler Wilson. He was selected first team all SEC in his first season of play. SEC is the conference most like the NFL and the conference the Nix wants to draft a QB out of. Tyler lost his best receivers to the NFL draft, lost his HC & OC, and suffered from dismal O Line Play. Consider that all that **** happened to him in the SEC and its a wonder that he even made it through alive (although he did have a concussion). This guys has all the intangibles, hes a hard worker, tough competitor. Many say his small hands will hurt him but I personally think that is a bunch of bull ****. Wilson is underrated because he was put in horrible circumstance last year (he actually played pretty well).

[*]

Tharold Simon, CB, LSU

• after moving Aaron Williams to safety, the Bills desperately need a new big corner. Tharold is 6 feet and 2 inches tall. 202 lbs. We all know buddy nix loves gues from the SEC. Weve taken Brooks and Sheppard.

• Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall

• covered when hes not type of receiver. Put up really good numbers at marshall. He rarely ever drops a ball. 6 foot 3 210 pounds, so hes got size. Good leaping ability and can make catches in traffic. Very good route runner. I originally had the Bills taking Dobson in the second, and then I saw hes projected between 3-5. Pretty huge range there. We draft at the top of the fourth, so Im hoping we have the opportunity to snag dobson. If not, I actually think we should try and trade up for him despite Nix not wanting to give away picks.

[*]

Ryan Griffin, TE, Connecticut

• we have a need at tight end. this guy is big and catches the ball well. really productive at conneticut. the bills brought him in for a visit, which really prompted this pick. it is kinda weird to bring in a tight end from connecticut though. Also, we draft marcus easley from Conneticut. I think that might show a stronger than normal preference towards that school. Scott Chandlers injury makes this a need. This guy actually has pretty good upside (scouts compared him to kevin boss). Pretty damn good for a 6th.

[*]

Mark Harrison, WR, Rutgers

• 6 feet 3 inches. 233 pounds. 4.37 forty. 38.5 vertical. Also had one really productive year at Rutgers and looks like a natural play maker. Huge upside.

If this is what happens, I will be very happy.

Please! Please! Please! TBD, don't draft a QB just to draft one (which is the Kool Aid too many fans are drinking). Again, there are none here that are any better then what you already have. Sure, take a chance on someone in the third, or thereafter, but don't waste an 8th pick on the best of what are 2nd & 3rd round quality players.

I think Dobson goes in rd 2. 3 at the latest. The kid is a stud and scouts have to notice that.

While Wilson is one of the QBs I like least, I'd be happy with this draft. Just no Landry Jones. PLEEEEEAAASE NO LANDRY JONES!

Was watching Espn with Bill Polian and he doesn't think that his size will allow him to,have a long career in the nfl. Since 2002 guys of his size don't last long do you wanna spend a top 10 pick on a guy that may not play long for your team??? I like the pick because he's a playmaker but am amazed how little discussion the board has had about him

I don't understand - Wilson's size is the same as Nassib's, Barkley's, bigger than Scott - I think. He's around 6' 2", 215 lbs. That's pretty common for the NFL.

I'd be pretty stoked about this draft if it were to happen as such. I think I'd like a LB a little earlier, but nevertheless, Wilson is one of my top 3 QB's, and there'd be a lot of holes filled with this draft.

I think Dobson goes in rd 2. 3 at the latest. The kid is a stud and scouts have to notice that.

While Wilson is one of the QBs I like least, I'd be happy with this draft. Just no Landry Jones. PLEEEEEAAASE NO LANDRY JONES!

Give me one reason why "NO LANDRY JONES." Make it original and don't just regurgitate some BS you heard.