I worry we take a QB @ 8 just to placate fans

The only people who think the Bills draft players for this reason are the same people who believe fans can actually "run" players "out of town".

There is no evidence that this FO does much to please "the fans", especially when it comes to drafting a QB.

That being said, what other "franchise-caliber player" would we pick at 8? This draft is pretty weak in the first round--people are projecting 3 T's going in the top 10. Why is getting a QB at 41 so much better than getting him at 8? Who would we be missing out on? A couple of WRs that would be huge reaches at 8 (we did that in the 3rd round last year--"the fans" weren't happy)? Another CB (our 3rd drafted in the 1st 2 rounds in 3 years)? Another LT to go with the one we just "stole" last year?

As several have mentioned, the new rookie scale has made first round picks throwaways. Your top 10 QB pick doesn't pan out? trade him, cut him, draft another. Given this, I would much rather pick and fail with the most important position of need (and in the game) than to settle on a low impact (LT) or depth filler (CB) or another TJ Graham.

Pass rusher is the only other position you can take ahead of QB.

I agree with this 100%.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic