PFC: 5 Reasons the Bills Should Draft Barkley

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you actually see the hit in the UCLA game that he got injured. Any QB in the NFL would of injured his shoulder on that play. That is not being frail, that is getting the wood laid on you.

I did see it and I disagree. Getting hit hard like that occasionally happens to every QB at every level. Most walk away from it and huddle up again. What about his other injuries that caused him to miss time? What about his offseason wrist surgery?

Maybe people don't like the word "frail" but let's just say injuries occur a lot to him. Adjust the competition with larger, faster NFL players and I would expect a lot of appearances of Matt Barkley on the inactive list or IR.

The more I learn about the Marrone/Hackett offensive philosophy the more I'm becoming convinced they already have the best prospect to run it on the roster compared to the talent available in the draft. The key to Kolb succeeding is staying healthy so it would not surprise me if the Bills go Oline with the first pick & a QB in the 2nd, someone they can develop.

It's well documented that I hate every QB in this draft but if we had to draft one. I'd take Barkley.

The voice of reason has spoken.

I too dislike all of these QBs.. Fitz took some huge shots last year... behind a similar line I think Barkley might have his head taken off. Nassib seems as tough as Fitz but I just don't think he is all that talented... Barkley may be slightly more accurate and Nassib more durable.. I'd take neither and see if I can land EJ in a tradeback or round 2...

It really is such a tough call and I could see any of several scenarios play out.. Buffalo put itself in a bad position and picked a crap shoot draft to have to select a QB.

Nix is a terrible GM.

We afre going for a second or third round selection quarterback in any normal year with the number 8 pick? Only a moron GM would go that route. Oh....wait a minute.....Nix. Damn....

Kaepernick was considered to be a second round value qb. Russell Wilson was considered to be a third round value qb. Drew Brees was considered in the range of a lower first to high second round value qb. Would you be critical (in hindsight) if any of these players were drafted with a high first round pick?

If any qb in this draft is taken with our first round pick and the player turns out to be a legitimate franchise qb then the pick will be well worth it. I'll go as far to say that a 20-45 ranked player on the draft board who is a qb and who turns out to be a franchise qb will be more impactful for his team than any player ranked in the top ten and playing another position.