Marathon Bombing and the Media

Giuliani: It's Time to Reclassify Fort Hood as Terrorism

In light of the recent events in Boston, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani told Face the Nation’s Bob Schieffer that it is important to recognize these sorts of attacks are part of a grander war in the eyes of the attackers. “The reality is whether we want to call this a war on terror, they call this a war on us,” Giuliani said. “These two young men joined a war. If you look at their website, they’re talking about jihad, they’re talking about war, so they are at war against us.”

“Also, I think it would be very helpful to reclassify the Major Hassan case as a terrorism attack,” Giuliani said of the 2009 Fort Hood shooting. “It’s really kind of strange, and I think harmful in the effort of kind of breaking through this political correctness so that we can analyze this effectively, not to describe Major Hassan’s attack” as terrorism, he added. The Defense Department classified the shooting as an incident of “workplace violence.”

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't even deserve a response.

Then you shouldn't have responded, but since you did so by totally disregarding what I said, then it would seem to me that you can't refute it. Also, by your own admission, it would appear that Islam has more violent people than other religions.

Then you shouldn't have responded, but since you did so by totally disregarding what I said, then it would seem to me that you can't refute it. Also, by your own admission, it would appear that Islam has more violent people than other religions.

Let me ask you something. Why are you so quick to place blame on Islam when terrorism is political? Because the religion I KNOW and LOVE is against every single thing that terrorism represents.

Secondly, until you can explain some things to me about 9/11, I'm not so sure I want to blame Islam for that anyways. Like: (1) what happened to building 7? How do you set up a controlled demolition that fast? (2) why did Bush admit to thinking that must have been, and I'm paraphrasing here, "one bad pilot when he saw the FIRST plane hit the WTC", while waiting to enter the classroom when no one saw the first plane hit on the first day? (3) why was the insurance premiums doubled for the WTC by the owner of the towers even though he was losing money? (4) why in this day and age we can't get ANY video of a plane actually hitting the pentagon? (5) how did they know OBL was responsible so fast? (6) why were the Taliban in Washington DC in August just prior to 9/11? (7) why is it we train or fund someone and then they come back to attack us? (8) if these guys were so Islamic what the hell were they doing at a strip club prior to 9/11?

Work on those. I've got plenty more.

Let me ask you something. Why are you so quick to place blame on Islam when terrorism is political? Because the religion I KNOW and LOVE is against every single thing that terrorism represents.

Secondly, until you can explain some things to me about 9/11, I'm not so sure I want to blame Islam for that anyways. Like: (1) what happened to building 7? How do you set up a controlled demolition that fast? (2) why did Bush admit to thinking that must have been, and I'm paraphrasing here, "one bad pilot when he saw the FIRST plane hit the WTC", while waiting to enter the classroom when no one saw the first plane hit on the first day? (3) why was the insurance premiums doubled for the WTC by the owner of the towers even though he was losing money? (4) why in this day and age we can't get ANY video of a plane actually hitting the pentagon? (5) how did they know OBL was responsible so fast? (6) why were the Taliban in Washington DC in August just prior to 9/11? (7) why is it we train or fund someone and then they come back to attack us? (8) if these guys were so Islamic what the hell were they doing at a strip club prior to 9/11?

Sigh this is why alex jones makes so much money.

Sigh this is why alex jones makes so much money.

Answer the damn questions. I don't listen to Alex Jones. I'm more than able to bring these questions up on my own.

Edited by NoJustice

Answer the damn questions. I don't listen to Alex Jones. I'm more than able to bring this questions up on my own.

You just quoted everything from the documentary loose change. Should you require answers, you should also inquire in "anti loose change."

This is about the time that you claim moral righteousness, take your ball and go home.

Oh and by the way, i dont agree with what anyone said about islam but that doesnt make you any less of an idiot.

You just quoted everything from the documentary loose change. Should you require answers, you should also inquire in "anti loose change."

This is about the time that you claim moral righteousness, take your ball and go home.

Oh and by the way, i dont agree with what anyone said about islam but that doesnt make you any less of an idiot.

Lol, question dodger. Since you've seen those documentaries why don't you enlighten me? At the very least answer the one about Bush seeing the first plane hit when no one did.

Edited by NoJustice

Answer not a fool according to his folly, Lest thou also be like unto him.

So Bush didn't say he saw the first plane hit? Is that your story? I'm the fool because I'd like to hear the answer to that one little question? You're the fool for not demanding the answer.

If GW would have said he saw the damage done to the first Tower and thought, and I'm paraphrasing once again "wow, what a horrible pilot", then I understand, but that's not what he said, he said he saw the first plane hit. You would think a President would choose his words a little more carefully.

If GW would have said he saw the damage done to the first Tower and thought, and I'm paraphrasing once again "wow, what a horrible pilot", then I understand, but that's not what he said, he said he saw the first plane hit. You would think a President would choose his words a little more carefully.

Did you ever actually listen to a W speech? He wasn't one to choose his words carefully.

Did you ever actually listen to a W speech? He wasn't one to choose his words carefully.

Yeah, you're right. He has a built-in excuse for rubbing his diabolical plot in our faces. Not being sarcastic, here, either.

Back to the real world

Durbin: Immigration bill ‘will make us safer’ after Boston attack

Schumer: Senate immigration bill would make country safer

the media has it's instructions..............

In response to your PM, if you want to call me out then do it in public. I will not respond to your silly conspiracy theories. It's as if you are a Holocaust Denier.

As far as me calling Islam violent you have very poor reading comprehension. I said that there were more violent people in the Religion of Islam. I didn't knock your religion at all. You ask "if these guys were so Islamic what the hell were they doing at a strip club prior to 9/11?" Probably sitting next to a Christian and a Jew.

Islam might have had a secondary role in Boston attacks

The Globe story is by Lisa Wangsness. It is a classic of its kind. Here it is one more time: “Islam might have had secondary role in Boston attacks.”

It’s all so complex, of course. As Wangsness puts it, “family, neighbors, friends, and social media sources painted a complex picture of the brothers’ religiosity.”

Wangsness goes so far as to identify a Boston mosque the Tsarnaevs didn’t attend: “Neither suspect has been to Yusuf Mosque, nor would any such individuals be welcome here,” said Imam Ibrahim ­Rahim, leader of the mosque in Brighton. “Our hearts and prayers remain with the victims, the wounded, and their families.”

Well, did they attend a mosque? What mosque did they attend? What do worshipers at the mosque remember about them? Wangsness doesn’t go there.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the Tsarnaevs attended services at the Islamic Center of Boston mosque in Cambridge near their apartment. The Times had no difficulty in finding members who recalled them:

At the Cambridge mosque near where the bombing suspects lived, two worshipers who showed up for Saturday’s prayer service recalled seeing both men.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev was thrown out of the mosque — the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center — about three months ago, after he stood up and shouted at the imam during a Friday prayer service, they said. The imam had held up slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. as an example of a man to emulate, recalled one worshiper who would give his name only as Muhammad.

Enraged, Tamerlan stood up and began shouting, Muhammad said.

“You cannot mention this guy because he’s not a Muslim!” Muhammad recalled Tamerlan shouting, shocking others in attendance.

“He’s crazy to me,” Muhammad said. “He had an anger inside.… I can’t explain what was in his mind.”

Tamerlan was then kicked out of the prayer service for his outburst, Muhammad recalled. “You can’t do that,” Muhammad said of shouting at the imam.

Still, Tamerlan returned to Friday prayer services and had no further outbursts, Muhammad said.

It’s all so complex.

Hey, I’ve got one of my own: “Multicultural claptrap might have had secondary role in Wangsness’s story.” #BostonGlobeHeadlines

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/04/the-globe-reports-islam-might-have-had-secondary-role-in-boston-attacks.php

In response to your PM, if you want to call me out then do it in public. I will not respond to your silly conspiracy theories. It's as if you are a Holocaust Denier.

As far as me calling Islam violent you have very poor reading comprehension. I said that there were more violent people in the Religion of Islam. I didn't knock your religion at all. You ask "if these guys were so Islamic what the hell were they doing at a strip club prior to 9/11?" Probably sitting next to a Christian and a Jew.

No one here knows what I said to you in the PM and then you insinuate that I don't believe in the holocaust. That ain't right. I never said anything about the Holocaust in my PM. Lets make that clear for those that aren't in the know.

Silly? Building seven collapsed how, then? The owner of the building used a demolition term, "we pulled building 7". Demolition of a building doesn't happen in one day. It takes time to set it up. These aren't silly questions, they're important ones that need to be asked.

You were the one that mentioned the Towers. I denied that things went down the way they say it went down.

My favorite part of your pathetic response is you won't answer any of my questions and yet you make some lame joke about the Muslim terrorists sitting next to a Jew and a Christian in a strip club. Well if they were that radical, and that extremist then that would be one of the last places those types of dudes would go to.

Edited by NoJustice

No one here knows what I said to you in the PM and then you insinuate that I don't believe in the holocaust. That ain't right. I never said anything about the Holocaust in my PM. Lets make that clear for those that aren't in the know.

Silly? Building seven collapsed how, then? The owner of the building used a demolition term, "we pulled building 7". Demolition of a building doesn't happen in one day. It takes time to set it up. These aren't silly questions, they're important ones that need to be asked.

You were the one that mentioned the Towers. I denied that things went down the way they say it went down.

My favorite part of your pathetic response is you won't answer any of my questions and yet you make some lame joke about the Muslim terrorists sitting next to a Jew and a Christian in a strip club. Well if they were that radical, and that extremist then that would be one of the last places those types of dudes would go to.

First off, in no way did I indicate that in your PM to me that you denied the Holocaust. You said nothing of the sort. I said that your denial of the official findings on 9/11 was similair to a Holocaust Denier.

So, they weren't radical or extremists? What then, moderate Muslims?

Once again, I said I wouldn't respond to your silly conspiracy theories, but I did respond to your remarks about Islam. Anyway, take your conspiracy theories that absolve Islam from 9/11 and stick them up your ass.

No one here knows what I said to you in the PM and then you insinuate that I don't believe in the holocaust. That ain't right. I never said anything about the Holocaust in my PM. L

ets make that clear for those that aren't in the know.

Meaning that if a radical Muslim went to a strip joint the Christian and Jew would be killed or the Muslim would be killed?? I mean - is that a threat to those who choose to watch loverly women dance? If it is a threat - or even an implied belief that someone should die for going to a strip joint - how is that not condoned violence on the part of Islam??

First off, in no way did I indicate that in your PM to me that you denied the Holocaust. You said nothing of the sort. I said that your denial of the official findings on 9/11 was similair to a Holocaust Denier.

So, they weren't radical or extremists? What then, moderate Muslims?

Once again, I said I wouldn't respond to your silly conspiracy theories, but I did respond to your remarks about Islam. Anyway, take your conspiracy theories that absolve Islam from 9/11 and stick them up your ass.

1. One thing has nothing to do with the other. I was simply making things clear to those that didn't see my PM to you.

2. They aren't Muslim at all. They're down for their cause and it ain't Islam. A devout Muslim will never go to a strip club.

3. Building Seven. Why did it fall? Ignore the question all you'd like because it makes you feel better. Is it a conspiracy theory that the owner of the building himself stated that they pulled building seven?

Meaning that if a radical Muslim went to a strip joint the Christian and Jew would be killed or the Muslim would be killed?? I mean - is that a threat to those who choose to watch loverly women dance? If it is a threat - or even an implied belief that someone should die for going to a strip joint - how is that not condoned violence on the part of Islam??

Is this a serious question? Wtf are you talking about? My point is simply this, if those terrorists were devout Muslims then they never would have been there. Nothing more-nothing less. I didn't say anyone deserved to die for it.

Edited by NoJustice

1. One thing has nothing to do with the other. I was simply making things clear to those that didn't see my PM to you.

2. They aren't Muslim at all. They're down for their cause and it ain't Islam. A devout Muslim will never go to a strip club.

3. Building Seven. Why did it fall? Ignore the question all you'd like because it makes you feel better. Is it a conspiracy theory that the owner of the building himself stated that they pulled building seven?

Is this a serious question? Wtf are you talking about? My point is simply this, if those terrorists were devout Muslims then they never would have been there. Nothing more-nothing less. I didn't say anyone deserved to die for it.

You said it would be one of the last places they would go...I thought you were implying that a radical Muslim would get a burger, a haircut, but a new suit and then get a lap dance before blowing the place up (similar to what Pacino did in "Scent of a Woman"). My bad.