Kitchen utensils kill people

What exactly is the AK47 problem? What is it that you're trying to fix? I would agree that background checks should be done at gun shows and for online sales. The difficulty with this is where do you draw the line of approval or not especially with the emotionally disturbed? It can be done but writing those rules is tough. I suppose we can argue about large clips. None of these things fix the Sandy Hook problem or Colorado or Tucson and the politicians know that. The simple fact is that many of the dems in Washington would support a ban on private citizens owning any guns because they simply believe the government should control such things along with income, health care and an ever growing array of entitlements. The suggestion that schools have armed policeman on the premises was laughed off by dems. Fortunately local governments can put armed policemen in schools if they so choose. Here in a nice low crime suburb of Chicago, we have had armed policemen in our schools since shortly after 9/11/01 and there is tremendous support in our community for this.

There's a difference between armed policemen being in schools though and armed private security guards.

At least in terms of communities being overwhelming in support of it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between armed policemen being in schools though and armed private security guards.

Did you get my PM back? My account goes through the server at work and was f'n with me later today.

There sure is, While the police are in the schools making sure nobody comes through the door with a gun, they stumble upon some high schoolers taking or selling drugs and they arrest them.

Well, I'm really sorry, this post is all over the place too

The fact that Bostonians were (rightly) cheering on their police tonight really does not relate to Congressmen and women turning down a law that does NOTHING to address the problems we face.

Really ??

and the time-worn, "if they can have rifles, why can't they have bazookas" ?? again really ?

you need to up make your argument less cliche and more facts.................less emotion driven and boogeymen would be nice too......

yes really the second amend issue is a non starter. I did not see the police, national guard with the Humvees, the armored vehicles, 2000 officers from agencies from college police force to the FBI openly saying on TV for residents to get out their guns to help stop the crazed 19 yr old. People should have been able to defend their property against a foreign terrorist if the 2nd admen, issue held water. After all chanting USA later was as close as they got to using the 2nd admend. The senate turned down the latest attempt to improve the situation not because they thought it was not going to help enough but because they are owned by the gun lobby....plain and simple. ps I agree the proposal was gutless and ineffective...that in itself should be an embarrassment for the administration.