Is Your Pet Weird?

ajzepp

My dog used to sleep on my moms bed. She would work for a few hours in the morning and then come home for an hour before going to work agian in the afternoon. If she was more than 20 mins late in the morning he would mess up all the sheets and pillows on her side of the bed. Never touched my dads side tho.

He also use to kick his food or water bowl when he was hungry/thirsty til someone filled it up

I had a cat who totally unprovoked would race across the house and storm into the room as if someone (or thing) were chasing him, when nothing was there. He was all hyper and had to be comforted afterward to calm down.

Ever heard of ghosts? They can see them when we cant.

My roommates and I have a cat named "Cuzzin". About 2 years ago we had a party at our place, a few of my friends were having a smoke outside and this cat kept coming up to them and meowing. She was sickly thin and seemed to be looking for food. We were drunk and brought her inside, went to the store and bought some food and she slept for almost 2 days straight. She wasn't scared of anybody and actually would seem to settle down when there were more people around. Weird.

Well, two years later, and she is the coolest damn cat I've ever come in contact with. Every time you walk in the door, she'll come and greet you. She has a favorite blanket and every time she sees you with that blanket on, she comes right over and makes herself comfortable on your lap. Whenever somebody washes the dishes, she'll sit on top of the refrigerator and just watch you do the dishes. She also really likes to chill in the bathroom with you while you're on the toilet. Nothing too out of the ordinary but she's just been an awesome pet to have and I love her.

Ever heard of ghosts? They can see them when we cant.

While I assume that was meant as sarcasm, here's an interesting (and very true) story. My parents bought a home here in NC in an "over 55" community a couple of years ago. The house had been built new by an older couple a few years earlier as their "dream retirement home" but shortly after moving in the woman became ill and apparently died in the house. The man moved back to California to be near family and the house sat on the market for a good while -- my parents got a steal.

Shortly after my folks moved in we came over for dinner and brought our dog Kiwi, a 10-lb minpin. After dinner my wife and I were sitting on the carpet in the living room across from each other, playing with Kiwi, and what happened next gave us both pause. My wife threw Kiwi's toy to me, which normally means Kiwi comes charging right at me. Instead, she stopped dead in her tracks and consciously walked around the outskirts of the living room before then coming up to me from behind. She would not walk between where we were sitting. There is no question in either my wife's or my mind that Kiwi sensed something directly between us and was not going to walk through it. Thankfully my mom did not see this happen, because I think they would have moved out the next day. We've taken Kiwi over there many times since, and it never happened again. To this day my wife and I joke that the dead woman's ghost was there that day, checking things out with the new owners before leaving.