Heading San Diego for the first time

Virgil

Gaslight district in downtown San Diego is always a good time. I couldn't speak of specific bars there, but generally speaking, there are a lot of fun establishments in that area, including a dueling piano bar that is always a good time.

Another option would be to head to Mission Beach, which is about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown and features a number of beach themed bars, restaurants and lounges. Quality talent there as well. It is difficult to not have a good time.

IMO, (and I'm sure ill get flamed for this by many) don't bother going to the Zoo. I thought it was horrible. The lion habitat is worse than the Buffalo Zoos. The Bear habitats are about the same. The Tiger habitat is kinda nice but very limited and hard to see. The Hippo habitat was really cool but that's about all I remember being anything better than even the Buffalo Zoo. Again, in sure ill get flamed but I can tell you that next time ill be taking my ass to sea world.

The zoo has never appealed to me. A bunch of people also going are thrilled about it though.

I have a new baby and have been cooped up for a while now. So this really is meant to be a sleep, drink, have good time and unload kind of trip for me

Go to the Embarcadaro downtown, tall sailing ships, submarines, the Midway. Old town if you like early California history. San Diego was the birthplace of California. Wine tasting in the Ramona area. Wild Animal Park, Sea World, La Jolla is gorgeous and great restaurants. Tijuana if you want to experience Mexico. Tell me what you like and I can give you some suggestions.

Gaslight district in downtown San Diego is always a good time. I couldn't speak of specific bars there, but generally speaking, there are a lot of fun establishments in that area, including a dueling piano bar that is always a good time.

Another option would be to head to Mission Beach, which is about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown and features a number of beach themed bars, restaurants and lounges. Quality talent there as well. It is difficult to not have a good time.

East Village Tavern and Bowl is good. It was the

host to the Bills Saturday night tailgate in 2011.

Decent food and drinks. Tons of TV's to keep up

sports and of ALL THINGS...a bowling alley!