RGIII, Wilson, Luck

I don't think Carroll can win a Superbowl. They've put together a great team, but he strikes me as the type who will always get out-coached at some point in the playoffs.

Got to agree with this. I would also add that Wilson, as fun as he was to watch will not have as productive a season this coming year. I believe defenses will figure out schemes to keep him in the pocket. By keeping him in the pocket his height will become more of an issue.

jb

RGIII will not win one in Washington. That franchise is not set up for that type of success.

Luck is a better QB then the other two but with his style of play, and what he has in Indy, it is going to be more of a rebuilding process for a while. I think he will struggle this year and next like Manning did his 2nd and 3rd years.

Wilson has the supporting defense that reminds me of Brady in NE in the first few Super Bowls. If Wilson goofs they can cover it up. I hate Carroll, but he can easily field a team that hits the Super Bowl next year running.

This. Plus Seattle has a strong running game (top 3 for yds last year as I recall, 5 ypa) which depends on smash-mouth (Lynch) as well as finesse. That should keep the pressure off Wilson in his 2nd year if it continues.

Edited by Hopeful

Easier division? The 49ers are an absolute force and the Rams are gaining steam too. Cardinals will probably get better under Arians.

Luck is in the easiest division by far. No other QB in the division comes close. The Texans don't last a full season and the Titans/Jags have a ways to go.

the Rams are nothing. Absolutely nothing. And now they are letting their best player walk. I will give Fisher credit because I think he will have the team turned around quickly but the fact is, right now they aren't.

Luck will have to face Schaub and a really tough defense in Houston for the majority if his career. The Texans are already considered the best or one of the best teams in the AFC. The titans are more on their way than the Rams are IMO. And stealing players in FA like nobody's business.

My opinion but other than SF, I think it's a much tougher division.

the Rams are nothing. Absolutely nothing. And now they are letting their best player walk. I will give Fisher credit because I think he will have the team turned around quickly but the fact is, right now they aren't.

Luck will have to face Schaub and a really tough defense in Houston for the majority if his career. The Texans are already considered the best or one of the best teams in the AFC. The titans are more on their way than the Rams are IMO. And stealing players in FA like nobody's business.

My opinion but other than SF, I think it's a much tougher division.

Hmmmm. AFC South much tougher than NFC West. Hmmmm.

Seattle:

SF49ers. SB championships, look like they're built to keep at it. Very very good defense. Kaepernick looks to be a good QB with greatness potential.

Colts:

Houston Texans. Playoff team, but not quite-quite the last 2 years. Schaub is a good QB IMO but he is what he is, and he isn't Kaepernick. Good defense.

Toughness advantage: Seattle

Seattle:

St Louis Rams 7-9. Have a former highly-regarded #1 pick at QB. Have a new HC and OC. Have a bunch of draft picks from Washington. If they put the right pieces in place, and if Bradford hasn't become incurably gun-shy, they could improve quickly.

Colts:

Tennessee Titans 6-10. Have Jake Locker as the QB and Fitz as backup. Are stocking up FA like crazy, and that always works so well (sarcasm) Are these really the right pieces? Time will tell. They could go in either direction or stay the same.

I can't give the toughness advantage to the Colts here, sorry.

Seattle:

Arizona Cardinals. Have gotten rid of a bunch of dead wood at QB and restocked with the still-armed'n'dangerous Palmer and a backup Stanton that Ariens thought well enough to bring with him from the Colts. Oh, yeah. Have Ariens. If they build a decent OL (and they have the draft pick to bring in a top LT) they could become more dangerous, quickly.

Tampa Bay. If you've got an argument why this 2-14 team is tougher than the Cards have the potential to be if they develop an OL and keep Palmer on his feet, Bring It. I don't.

I got to go with Big C. I don't see the argument that the AFC South is a much tougher division than the NFC West at this point in time.

RGIII only has the capacity to get slower.

Speed, while nice is not a requirement of an effective QB. The kid has a live arm. He's an accurate passer and can make all the throws. I hate Washington. But I really like this kid. His worse enemy is his coach. The style Shanahan has him playing is going to get RG killed. After watching that game against Seattle I lost what little respect I ever had for Shanahan. That game, having that kid play with a broken leg was an outrage. He had a capable back-up in Cousins on the bench as well. A mans health is way more important than winning or losing a football game. I'd fire Shanahan for putting that kids life at stake like he did. I couldn't even watch it.

RG will need to change his game, but I believe he'll be a great QB for many years.....if he can revert to a throw first run second guy.

I hope he stays healthy. He's great for the fans, and great for the game of football regardless of whether you like Washington or not.

Seattle will win next year. They would've won this year except for Pete Carrol's botched timeout call that was a second too late. They had the capacity to beat the 49ers in the NFC championship, Russ was dominating, defense was on point except for the slow first half against the Falcons. Between Russ, Lynch, and Sherman they are at least equal in strength with the 49ers.

Off-topic about RG3, even if he gets a career ending injury, it's at least a relief that he doesn't seem like the type of guy that would blow all his money. Hopefully he makes it to a resigning and gets a nice pay-day that he can live off of.

Speed, while nice is not a requirement of an effective QB. The kid has a live arm. He's an accurate passer and can make all the throws. I hate Washington. But I really like this kid. His worse enemy is his coach. The style Shanahan has him playing is going to get RG killed. After watching that game against Seattle I lost what little respect I ever had for Shanahan. That game, having that kid play with a broken leg was an outrage. He had a capable back-up in Cousins on the bench as well. A mans health is way more important than winning or losing a football game. I'd fire Shanahan for putting that kids life at stake like he did. I couldn't even watch it.

RG will need to change his game, but I believe he'll be a great QB for many years.....if he can revert to a throw first run second guy.

I hope he stays healthy. He's great for the fans, and great for the game of football regardless of whether you like Washington or not.

look at Jaybee the rookie, posting like a master.

i agree, RG might have the best passing touch of all the NFL qb's. It just gets overshadowed by his wheels sometimes and people start thinking he's like Vick which he's not.

Gruden called it before RG even took an NFL snap: You can't be a running quarterback in the NFL and expect to be able to be playing your best ball in the post season after 16 games of pounding. You can come out of the gates fast and win ten games, but eventually they'll get to you, and the cold climates of the playoff season with the beat up turf are a nightmare for mobility and increased injury risk.

RG is smart, he'll tone it down and rely on his arm and good decision making. The kid threw almost 400 passes as a rookie and only had 5 picks. At age 22 that's not a bad start.