Syracuse Receivers

JTO

Sales has a checkered past. He was even booted from the team for about a season and a half. I don't see him getting drafted and I don't see the Bills picking him up as a FA.

Lemon may get drafted late, and again, I can't see the Bills being a player for him. He has about 4.7 40 speed. For a wr that really doesn't offer much in the physical gift dept. or special team ability, I don't know how he'd end up playing on Sundays.

I've alluded a few times as to the pathetic talent Ryan Nassib had surrounding him... and these two wide receivers illustrate that.

To be fair, Lemon ran a 4.59 40 at the NFL Combine. He's never been considered a burner. He's a possession receiver.

To be fair, Lemon ran a 4.59 40 at the NFL Combine. He's never been considered a burner. He's a possession receiver.

Agreed. But, he's not elite in that respect, nor does he play special teams. He was fortunate to have a QB like Nassib or he may not have produced the numbers he did. Kind of makes me wonder if Nassib had a Tavon Austion, Robert Woods, C. Patterson or Cobi Hamilton, would Lemon have had anywhere near the numbers he had?

Agreed. But, he's not elite in that respect, nor does he play special teams. He was fortunate to have a QB like Nassib or he may not have produced the numbers he did. Kind of makes me wonder if Nassib had a Tavon Austion, Robert Woods, C. Patterson or Cobi Hamilton, would Lemon have had anywhere near the numbers he had?

Well, I'm assuming you mean if Nassib had one of those other receivers instead of Marcus Sales, to play on the other side of Lemon...and I think the easy answer to that is no, he wouldn't have had the same numbers. Lemon was really the #1 target at Cuse, although Sales got his fair share. With one of those other big-name players, Lemon would definitely fall to #2. I still think he would've done well though. I'm with you though in that Lemon is not elite in anything, and it's for that reason that I think he would fit well as a #4 WR somewhere. I don't think anyone should expect the kid to come in and take a #2 spot, and I think the Bills still need another threat opposite Stevie. As a Syracuse grad that has seen every game of Lemon's career, I can say that I'd be thrilled to have him as our #4, provided we don't spend anything more than a 6th rounder on him.

Edited by Tommy

If we draft Austin at #8 to play the slot this puts Stevie back on the outside. We still need to draft another outside WR or play TJ Graham or Easley. Still many holes to fill at LB, G, S, TE, CB. I'm not convinced we can spare a pick to use on a QB. Lemon would be good in R6. I suspect the Bills will be looking at the waiver wire again !

If we draft Austin at #8 to play the slot this puts Stevie back on the outside. We still need to draft another outside WR or play TJ Graham or Easley. Still many holes to fill at LB, G, S, TE, CB. I'm not convinced we can spare a pick to use on a QB. Lemon would be good in R6. I suspect the Bills will be looking at the waiver wire again !

Can't spare a pick for a qb? You realize how ridiculous that sounds, right?

Not really. We have 2 experienced NFL quarterbacks . Let them get the job done. Then in 2014 use our R1 pick to get the QB you want to run the system.

what makes you think that in 2014 you're going to get a sniff at the guy you want?

Edited by swnybillsfan

These guys combined for over 2,000 yards last season and 15 TD's.

Despite Lemons poor 40 time, I would love to see them both in Bills Uni's (catching balls from Nassib)

with that being said, one has to wonder what Ryan Nassib would do with a couple of elite WR's

These guys combined for over 2,000 yards last season and 15 TD's.

Despite Lemons poor 40 time, I would love to see them both in Bills Uni's (catching balls from Nassib)

with that being said, one has to wonder what Ryan Nassib would do with a couple of elite WR's

oh dear lord... now were taking nassib AND both his receivers?