Interesting Article on Bills from Rotoworld

found this article on rotoworld.com and thought I'd share it...

http://www.rotoworld...w-buffalo-bills

has an interesting take on what was going on last year...liked the part about S. Johnson toasting the greatest CB in NFL history..Sherman

read and enjoy..or don't.. :thumbsup:

"There just weren’t enough weapons outside, and sometimes it was hard to figure out what was going through Gailey’s head."

"Although Gailey’s creativity allowed Spiller to get into space, the old-timer often criminally underutilized his Ferrari back"

We know, its what most of us here complained about all last year. Marrone, and his running attack should remedy that situation.

I would feel a bit more confident in this analysis if this guy did make such obvious errors - he has no idea where or why Fitz threw that game ending pick against Pats, but everybody, including TJ graham himself, knows that the ball was thrown exactly where T J was supposed to be.

Good observation on Fred J though, fumbling the ball was a huge issue with him last year, and he escaped with very little criticism over it.

obvious errors - he has no idea where or why Fitz threw that game ending pick against Pats, but everybody, including TJ graham himself, knows that the ball was thrown exactly where T J was supposed to be.

Once I read that comment I went no further. Off-season blather article. What will it mean 6 months from now? Same as it does now. Not a lot.

jb

Thanks for posting.

Not a bad summary but the writer's most glaring error was when he criticized Fitz for "holding onto the ball too long."

No doubt, I read that and just stopped. How can anything else he have to say be worth reading?

I would feel a bit more confident in this analysis if this guy did make such obvious errors - he has no idea where or why Fitz threw that game ending pick against Pats, but everybody, including TJ graham himself, knows that the ball was thrown exactly where T J was supposed to be.

Good observation on Fred J though, fumbling the ball was a huge issue with him last year, and he escaped with very little criticism over it.

He lost me at "holds onto the ball too long". Fitz has issues, that wasn't one of them - the contrary, if anything.

I was interested to learn "The linebacker corps didn’t trot out stars, but veteran weak-side ‘backer Nick Barnett was nails against the run" Who knew?

My favorite line: "and sometimes it was hard to figure out what was going through Gailey’s head." That sums up the 2012 Buffalo Bills nicely.

Can pretty much say the same thing about any 21st century Bills coach

He lost me at "holds onto the ball too long". Fitz has issues, that wasn't one of them - the contrary, if anything.

I was interested to learn "The linebacker corps didn’t trot out stars, but veteran weak-side ‘backer Nick Barnett was nails against the run" Who knew?

Speaking of which, Stevie Johnson is a quick and precise route runner in this guy's world.

still debatable. ONLY graham said he made a mistake, and i think he just didn't want to ruffle any feathers as the new guy. OBVIOUSLY, that ball would have been even more off target if he ran the shorter route... it would have been over his head and even MORE behind him than it was. he would have had no chance. Gailey only said he was to make a read there and he'd have to look at the film and he never said afterwards. Fitz didn't say for sure either. TJ threw himself under the bus on that, but look at the photo for it if not the replay. DB was extended and a foot off the ground. either Fitz threw to where TJ would be on the shorter route and over threw him and way way behind him, or threw to where TJ went and underthrew him and was still behind him. it was a bad threw either way.

however, Fitz did not hold the ball too long... getting rid of it was a definite strength, a needed one, b/c he made the line look better than they were at pass-pro. stick a lot of QB's back there and they'd have been sacked 50 times.

also funny was how Gilmore got called for some "ticky tack" PI calls... he was lucky he didn't get called for more. he mauled guys.

overall though, it wasn't horrible for an outsider (if it was one). at least some stuff was right.

Fritzpatrick was also a willing blocker, made a few key scrambles and took a lot of hits and not sure Kolb can do all of that. If author was paying attention to every game as he said he was should have noticed that.