If no QB at 8, we MUST move up

SBUffalo

Exactly! I think Nassib is the guy! He knows the offense, less of a learning curve can start right away. However with the money spent on Kolb tells me hes our starter and the rookie QB will take time to develope. But then again if Nassib is the guy, he shouldnt need the time due to knowing the offense! So....maybe nassib is not the guy?

IMHO....i like EJ Manuel...

The updated mock draft on the Bleacher report has the following for QB's (which takes into account our Kolb signing): Looks like Nassib's stock is rising and they don't expect him to still be there at pick 8. If he IS still there, I bet the Bills snag him.

#2 pick Geno Smith to the Jags

#4 pick EJ Manuel to the Eagles

#7 pick Nassib to the Cards

#8 pick Matt Barkley to the Bills.

I'd rather have Nassib than Barkley - at least he has proven the ability to play in the cold. I think of Barkley as a warm weather southern cal surfer dude i.e. Rob Johnson...

Edited by Georgia Bill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one has ANY IDEA what the bills are thinking. They might love Kolb and think they've solved their problem at QB. They might think he's just a one year stop gap. They might love 3-6 QBs in this draft. They might not love any.

It strongly suggests they don't like any QB in this draft.

Remember that Tarvaris signed here early too, he had to have been promised a shot at starting for him to accept that before seeing the open market.

Been thinking the Bills may have helped their draft position by getting Kolb. Even thought he is not a huge upgrade over Fitz, he is an upgrade.

So in the 8th spot, they can just pick the BPA, which is good because these things might happen..

1. Bills think Geno Smith AND Matt Barkley will be off the board by the 8th pick.

2. If Geno is off the board one of the OT's or DT's Fall to us. Which is a better value at 8 anyway.

3. The QB they like the most will likely be there in the 2nd.

The updated mock draft on the Bleacher report has the following for QB's (which takes into account our Kolb signing): Looks like Nassib's stock is rising and they don't expect him to still be there at pick 8. If he IS still there, I bet the Bills snag him.

I'd rather have Nassib than Barkley - at least he has proven the ability to play in the cold. I think of Barkley as a warm weather southern cal surfer dude i.e. Rob Johnson...

So much fail in one post.

-Using Bleacher Report as a source

-Comparing Rob Johnson to Barkley

Could happen but I think the Cards have a good player in Drew Stanton.

Or if anything the Cards will take Barkley .That would mean one of the top lineman fail to us. And I would rather take a lineman at 8 and wait until the second and take Nassib, Scott or Wilson.

Trading back into the late 1st, early 2nd will cost a 2014 1st. Yoou cannot do that. It would be an amazing mistake; A Buffalo Billian style mistake.

It would be history repeating itself. The Bills effectively traded JP Lossman for Aaron Rodgers.

If anything try to trade down out of #8 and collect a second 2014 1st.

I think your wrong there...if anything hopefully we can fall back like we say every year and gain more picks. I think there is some talent for qb's this year but not in the first round. I like Glennon in the 2nd round and maybe if Kline in the 5th.

I love Glennon in the second round, but he's a year or two away from being able to play. Can we wait for that? And the fact that you mentioned Klein at all takes all credibility away. Klein is not an NFL player, or a QB.

Could happen but I think the Cards have a good player in Drew Stanton.

Or if anything the Cards will take Barkley .That would mean one of the top lineman fail to us. And I would rather take a lineman at 8 and wait until the second and take Nassib, Scott or Wilson.

ZERO chance it happens like that. No way they all take QBs like that... Especially considering NOBODY after 9 is looking for a QB, so they can all wait until the second or trade back up for those guys...

Been thinking the Bills may have helped their draft position by getting Kolb. Even thought he is not a huge upgrade over Fitz, he is an upgrade.

So in the 8th spot, they can just pick the BPA, which is good because these things might happen..

1. Bills think Geno Smith AND Matt Barkley will be off the board by the 8th pick.

2. If Geno is off the board one of the OT's or DT's Fall to us. Which is a better value at 8 anyway.

3. The QB they like the most will likely be there in the 2nd.

Delusional. To think that the QB they like most will be there in the second is juvenile. Unless they are looking at some scrub 5th round prospect as their guy, in that case... !@#$ this.

This post is absolutely wrong. The Bills have far too many holes to fill to be trading multiple draft picks to move up to get what may be marginal talent at QB. If anything, they will be seeking suitors in the 20's to trade down to get additional draft picks to fill said holes. Teams trade up for only a couple of reasons. #1 - They think they can get a player that is a difference maker that gets them over the hump to making a push in the playoffs. #2 - They think they get a sure franchise signal caller that can play at a high level for them for years. I don't see either of those things in this draft. Now that they have Kolb, they're looking past the first round for QB.

Thanks for not reading anything I said. That's basically the issue here. They can't afford to force themselves to trade way up and give up multiple picks...

I love Glennon in the second round, but he's a year or two away from being able to play. Can we wait for that? And the fact that you mentioned Klein at all takes all credibility away. Klein is not an NFL player, or a QB.

ZERO chance it happens like that. No way they all take QBs like that... Especially considering NOBODY after 9 is looking for a QB, so they can all wait until the second or trade back up for those guys...

Delusional. To think that the QB they like most will be there in the second is juvenile. Unless they are looking at some scrub 5th round prospect as their guy, in that case... !@#$ this.

Don't think its Delusional

Raiders all trying to ditch Palmer. They prolly will take Geno.

Same can be said about the Jags. They have Henne and Gilbert, they both suck.

So it might happen.

There is only one, maybe two 1st round quality QBs in this draft, and it seems even Nix agrees based on his bootlegged comments. Oakland is trolling for a QB and are running out of legit options. Despite the rest of their needs, it's hard to see how Smith gets past 3. E.J. Manuel or Matt Barkley (mistake, IMHO) could get vacuumed up at 9 by the Jets; Arizona could swipe Barkley at 7.

Trade out of 8. Take Manuel, Glennon, Nassib further down where it's a considerably shorter reach and fill holes with the additional picks. It might be a busy and complicated round for the Bills since horsetrading is at an all time high on draft day nowadays. Every team knows we need a franchise QB and several will want to trade up in front of us to get the field general they want.

Correct. So you wonder if the Cowboys would be willing to trade up to #8 to take Warmack, who could get them over the hump...

This is very interesting. Definitely could happen. And I think we could still get the second QB off the board while picking up another 2nd rounder and maybe a late rounder.

I like it. Swap with Dallas, take Barkely in the middle of the first round and use the 2nd round to find a LB and maybe WR.

However, the best laid plans...

I see the discussion is spirited and there are many respected posters on different sides of this opinion.

Many people writing with conviction but no one really knows.

And that's the beauty of the Kolb signing.

It can only serve to confuse the other teams as to the Bills' intentions.

I think the old axiom applies here, "If you have two starting QBs, you have none." None of these guys are clear cut prospects like Luck. There may be a good QB or two in there, but it's a big risk betting on any one of these guys in the top ten.

If the front office doesn't believe that a qb in this year's draft class is worth a top ten pick then so be it. But my point in the previous posts is that you can have a very good qb prospect who is not a top ten rated player but is still (for this dullard franchise) worth the high pick because of the value of the position.

With respect to taking a risk or not taking a risk on drafting a qb my response is that not taking a risk to draft a franchise qb prospect is the course that Nix has taken for the past three years. The team's record is not only a dismal 16-32 but this Nix built team is rarely capable of beating a team that has a winning record. Continuing on the same course that has led your franchise to failure is a recipe for continued failure. What is worse than failing in picking the right qb is not bothering to try. Not acting because of a fear of failing is a loser's mentality that has for so long crippled this pathetic franchise.

Edited by JohnC

DStebb, Matt Barkley? I thought you were on the Glennon train! I guarantee you he is on the Bills radar. The read option will be as dead as the wildcat by mid season next year. Teams are already figuring out how to stop it. You will need a QB who can make plays from the pocket, that's Mike Glennon.