Charlie Reese's Last Column At The Orlando Sentinel

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=4301673:BlogPost:837496

545 vs. 300,000,000 People

-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

http://teapartyorg.n...BlogPost:837496

545 vs. 300,000,000 People

-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

Typical victim mentality.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese494.html

Is it just this easy? Could we resolve a lot of problems if we just turned the dolts out of these five hundred forty-five positions? Are there enough of us in the USA who are well and truly tired of this sad act being reprised year after year?

I guess not yet....

http://www.lewrockwe...e/reese494.html

Is it just this easy? Could we resolve a lot of problems if we just turned the dolts out of these five hundred forty-five positions? Are there enough of us in the USA who are well and truly tired of this sad act being reprised year after year?

I guess not yet....

Of course it's not that easy. Everyone loves their particular representatives for funneling pork money into the community; it's all the other members of Congress that suck.

Obama and the Supreme Court are what they are.

Every vote cast against an incumbent is a vote for the health of America.

I dunno. That's kind of like being a Bills fan and vowing to never buy a ticket, piece of laundry, or watch them on TV until they return to their winning ways. You know, sort of like not supporting your political party of choice until they come around to fully embracing your personal view.

I dunno. That's kind of like being a Bills fan and vowing to never buy a ticket, piece of laundry, or watch them on TV until they return to their winning ways. You know, sort of like not supporting your political party of choice until they come around to fully embracing your personal view.

That... Doesn't make a drop of sense.