jahnyc

Bills fans in a nutshell:

"Cut Fitz."

"Why isn't Fitz cut already? What is Buddy doing?"

"Seriously why is Fitz still on this team? He's terrible."

*****Fitz is cut*******

"What is Buddy doing? No free agents will want to sign when we don't have a QB"

"Now we don't have a starting QB. Buddy is a moron."

"Now every other team knows we need a QB and will draft one early. Buddy is a moron."

1. M. Williams was hurt at the start of last season and played in a poor scheme. I would bet a lot of money that we will see much better production this year from him.

2. McKelvin's contract is a little high for my taste. But we have a good slot CB and a top kick returner taking up 1 roster spot and 1 contract. I'll let it slide

3. Fitz was not a starting caliber QB. Just a very good and servicable back up. Levitre was good but not worth the 8 million. End of discussion. Great guy, great player, not worth that much money on our team with so many other areas to worry about.

4. What planet do you come from? Just wondering. If you think the Bills were not in talks with the players agents you are high. Just because they haven't heard anything from the Bills doesn't mean that offers have not been made or price ranges discussed. Players who have played well know that they will most likely gain 1 large contract in their career. They know to cash in when they can. Agents know this as well. Bills are making offers, the agents and players are choosing to look for more money elsewhere and who can blame them, when was the last time the Bills had a coaching staff and team composition players really wanted to play for.

5. Hind sight is 20/20 talking about last years draft and the year before it. Also i'd like to point out that Wilson/Kaep would be terrible QBs on the Bills...... Not because of their skill sets but because of the scheme we were playing and the supporting cast. Just because a team hits with a player doesn't mean moving that player to another team would instantly fix that teams problems. See the Eagles dream team.

I like what the Bills are doing this year in FA. I'm all for what tthey are doing waiting to get the best bang for thier buck. I hope they leave no stone unturned.

+1

If Fitz is so great then why isn't he employed ala Matt Cassel?

What is the strategy? If you don't know what it is, then how could you assess flaws.

I think the one key thing that is a game changer is that Ralph ceded control to Brandon. That being the case, everything previous to Brandon's takeover has to be discounted. Of course, he has to play the cards he was dealt. The sins of the past have to be dealt with.

The signals he's giving is no more willy nilly old school approach to decision making. In its place is supposedly a logical decision making process based on data, facts, and analysis. Assessing the true value of a free agent is now a high priority. I'll venture a guess that if Mario were a free agent this year, that deal never happens. As far as McKelvin goes... they had to see value. You have to admit, the Bills front seven has been one of the worst over the past several years. How can you arrive at an accurate assessment of a secondary in that case. They may see man cover ability in McKelvin that they will utilize instead of deploying zone coverage. The other thing is that he is an electrifying and explosive return man...easily in the top 5. So he has a dual skill set... and that adds value.

I also believe the one thing the new coaching staff brings with it is the ability to function with high roster turnover and without missing a beat... something they dealt with having run a college program where you basically have a player 2-4 years depending on eligibility issues, leaving the program for personal reasons, or turning pro early.

Free agent signings will happen at the time of their choosing. Hopefully there have been huge lessons learned from Mario and Fitz. Going forward they are going to get value ftom their free agents.

With any new staff and significant organizational change, there is going to be change and a different direction simply because there's a different perspective. I don't believe we will have a clear picture of their strategy until perhaps midseason.

good points. And i agree on most of your critique.

We really dont know what the new staff is doing or capable of.

It's one of those " sum of it's parts " equals more than the individuals i would guess and i find this organisationto be a great mash up of talent in the office currently. very exciting for me.

Hope the players feel the same way

Dr. , i read your whole post because it was properly grammered and punctuated.

Why does any of this surprise you?? The only time anything will change is when a new owner takes over. We will be last in the AFC east for sure yet again.

Please stop. Getting tired of these threads in March. Nobody has any idea what this roster will look like to start the season or how they will perform with a new coaching staff. These doom and gloom threads are getting really old.

If you have a strategy to use the search function, it is completely flawed...

I'm going to start calling you Mr. Search. I'm not saying you're wrong. I can always count on you when someone wants to visit the Department of Redundancy Department.

Seriously fellas. Use your imagination and come up with something else to talk about other than why the Bills suck. There hasn't been anything new in this department in at least 10 days. I know, Buddy will give us more ammo, but until then, rehashing why the Bills suck is old....even for me.

"Cut Fitz."

*****Fitz is cut*******

"Now every other team knows we need a QB and will draft one early. Buddy is a moron."

This gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

If McKelvin can develop into a solid starting caliber CB, then his contract is not unreasonable. But this really is the question. He has had five years to develop, and he has not to this point. Maybe it was coaching, we will see, and clearly he should get more dollars for his special teams play, but I have my doubts that he will end up being a starter. If this is the case, then the Bills overpaid.

With regard to Fitz, we can all agree that an upgrade at QB is desperately needed. I have no illusions that Fitz would suddenly develop into a quality starter with a new coaching staff. Would the Bills have been better off with Fitz (at a much reduced price) competing with a rookie draft choice instead of Jackson? Who knows, but my view is that it would have made more sense to keep Fitz over Jackson. Of course this assumes that the Bills could have reached an agreement with Fitz, which may not have been possible, especially after the Deadspin thing.

I certainly do not like what the Bills have done in free agency so far. This may change after we know what changes are made and players are added, but with a lot of holes and only six draft picks, it seems they much work to do.

I for the last 15 yrs have also shared the kind of frustrations that you have. Until now. I found myself giving contrary reasons to everyone of your gripes and Have realized that Being a Bills fan is like having a brother who can't seem to get out if his own way. You love him to death and know you will have him your life cause he's family. We just gotta hope that doing it this way instead of retread castoffs will produce better results.

LV

If McKelvin can develop into a solid starting caliber CB, then his contract is not unreasonable. But this really is the question. He has had five years to develop, and he has not to this point. Maybe it was coaching, we will see, and clearly he should get more dollars for his special teams play, but I have my doubts that he will end up being a starter. If this is the case, then the Bills overpaid.

With regard to Fitz, we can all agree that an upgrade at QB is desperately needed. I have no illusions that Fitz would suddenly develop into a quality starter with a new coaching staff. Would the Bills have been better off with Fitz (at a much reduced price) competing with a rookie draft choice instead of Jackson? Who knows, but my view is that it would have made more sense to keep Fitz over Jackson. Of course this assumes that the Bills could have reached an agreement with Fitz, which may not have been possible, especially after the Deadspin thing.

I certainly do not like what the Bills have done in free agency so far. This may change after we know what changes are made and players are added, but with a lot of holes and only six draft picks, it seems they much work to do.

Lets consider Leodis and his value to Pettine beside special teams.

Pettine lines up with alot of secondary guys quite a bit from what i have been reading. 3 safeties 3 corners.

A fast defense from the linebackers rearward. If Brooks works out and i think he will we will have 3 decent or better corners we can field.

If Williams get get a handle on the safety postion {big if for me } we can field 2 decent safeties and one excellent one when needed.

With Glimore and Brooks still a bargain we could afford to pay the one FA corner we have had for years and plays as hard as he can.

No reason not to give him this year to play and a little reward. He is the only veteran too.

I think he got paid because he has a good value in our new defensive scheme. The secondary defense I think Mike might want to be using hinges on A Williams being able to dial up and A game this year.

"Cut Fitz."

*****Fitz is cut*******

Russ is cheap...

"Cut Fitz."

*****Fitz is cut*******

It's funny but it is so sad how idiotic this group of Bills fans are.