Bills do not need experienced players, prefer to roll the dice on Rook

I agree it's next to impossible to sell to a wr or te with no qb in place

Not that I was interested in seeing the Bills grossly overpay Greg Jennings and handicap their future cap situation further, but the Vikings sold him with basically no QB in place. Ponder and Cassel are warm bodies. That's about it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling OBD will do something none of us thought of, which will bring a Super Bowl win THIS season. That's what I think.

Go Bills!

Wow do you sell what ever it is your smoking?

Is there really any reason to hurry dumpster diving? B-)

I'm hungry.

Not that I was interested in seeing the Bills grossly overpay Greg Jennings and handicap their future cap situation further, but the Vikings sold him with basically no QB in place. Ponder and Cassel are warm bodies. That's about it.

Jennings signed for nearly $10 million per year with $18 million guaranteed after the Packers had rescinded their best offer to him AND at a moment when it seemed the market for him had gone soft.

With an unexpectedly lucrative offer like that, the QB situation was irrelevant.

I always think that the goal of an organization is to put a winner on the field.

To do that you have to be able to honestly evaluate yourself and take corrective action.

This is something that the present regime can not do(Nix, Brandon). They honestly felt that Fitz was their guy.

Even teams with elite QB's will draft a QB for depth if for no other reason.

We know how to identify the bad players and cut them but we do not know how to replace them with good players.

Losing has become systematic for the Bills. Their scouting, their drafting, the coaching, the choices of players to make the team are flawed, play calling, etc.

We are now a team with no QB's, no WR's, no LB's, and a depleted OL, and a record of losing for years.

Even if you plan on solely building through the draft you need to have veteran leadership at each position to accelerate the learning curve for the rookies unless you have very experienced coaches. No offense to Marrone and staff but all of these guys are in unchartered territory and will need time to develop as a staff.

I would love to see all of the pieces come together quickly but I am bracing myself for a 2-14 season.

Just as teams need to learn how to win, organizations need to learn how to be successful.

The Bills will always be my team but it's extremely frustrating that we don't put the effort into quality as other organizations. We always seem to be a little slower figuring thing out than other teams.

We just continue to create excuses and bad rationale for bad decisions by the FO.

Edited by VADC Bills

this team has clearly establshed itself as a late free agency mover. theyve even explained it point blank, that early free agency is usually a poor value compared to late free agency. their strategy has borne fruit every season as well, with good players routinely added to a roster that was as bare as its ever been here when they started

Hmmm, that's also how we wound up with the NFL Scrap Heap at linebacker in 2010, Kelsey and Johnson playing LB in 2011, and "43 is the Mike" in 2012.

Oh, and no one besides Chandler at TE

I think it's a valid point that this year, there seem to be a number of quality players who could fill gaps on our team (LB, WR, TE, OL)

It's also a valid point that "if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten".

Waiting for bargain-basement players from the NFL scrap heap has gotten us record-setting poor D over the last 3 years. Although to be fair, signing 2 well-regarded FA last year ALSO got us record-setting poor D.

They still need to sign Byrd, Spiller and Wood long term or trade them, or they too could walk when there contracts are up. Mario and Flacco with big contracts leaves less pie for the rest.

Flacco? Since when is he on the Bills?

They don't really need to sign anybody to long-term contracts. They could try to trade Byrd, Spiller, or/and Wood for future draft picks and plan to go straight to the bottom for a year or two until they draft a franchise QB.

They have to wait to get good bargains because they have the resignings of Spiller and Byrd comming up. We'd be unlikely to keep both if we went on a spending spree now.

Exactly. We have guys on our roster that will be getting raises in the near future. Byrd needs a long term deal and will be expensive. Quite possibly the highest paid safety if he's to sign long term in buffalo. Spillers contract in a couple years, wood next year, Dareus in 2. Like many have said, there's lots of talent out there this year. Looks like we plan on trying to wait it out and get some bargains and build through the draft this year. Others suspect that we have to hit rock bottom (and then draft our QB with a top 3 pick next year) in order to make a run at being a playoff contender every year. There's more than one way to become competitive. Lets just hope the plan they have will get us there. They HAVE a plan, we just don't know what it is yet. Less than a week into free agency, its hard to make assumptions except we know that they don't plan on breaking the bank for the top free agents this year. Fine by me as long as fill the holes eventually.

Flacco? Since when is he on the Bills?

They don't really need to sign anybody to long-term contracts. They could try to trade Byrd, Spiller, or/and Wood for future draft picks and plan to go straight to the bottom for a year or two until they draft a franchise QB.

You didn't find the Flacco comment to be coherent?

You seem to be in an interesting state of mind.

You didn't find the Flacco comment to be coherent?

You seem to be in an interesting state of mind.

Let's see a paragraph that lists a bunch of Bills players and then casually slips in the Super Bowl winning QB for the Ravens without so much as a comma. Coherent would be the wrong adjective. B-)

Let's see a paragraph that lists a bunch of Bills players and then casually slips in the Super Bowl winning QB for the Ravens without so much as a comma. Coherent would be the wrong adjective. B-)

The point wasn't necessarily well-made but it was pretty clear.

But all the drugs I did earlier in life allow me to make free associations.

We always seem to be a little slower figuring thing out than other teams.

We just continue to create excuses and bad rationale for bad decisions by the FO.

+ 1

NFL has been a passing league for some time now, and the genius Buddy Nix was comepletely sold on Fitztragic, wouldn't draft a QB execpt a 7th rounder, and brought in junk just to fill the roster spots at QB I guess.

Oh yeah, the Bills have 1 starting receiver and their last high-round WR pick :doh: can't catch.

look in the mirror

Great comeback. You really got me. Even after I looked in the mirror, Nix is still 16-32, the roster is still littered with problems, and the Bills are still in a 13-year playoff drought with no end in sight. Sorry that I offended you with the facts.