drugtests for welfare ?

538244_10151508315345917_193349927_n.jpg

Just saw that this is happening, tis a cut and paste job.

Not that it will save a ton of money, as all the bums know to drink Vinegar/ton of water etc to get around these drug tests.

I think it's a great idea though, Welfare is a way of life for some and it's pretty effed up if you ask me.

just enough money to buy weed and watch paternity test talk shows all day keeps some people going.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The incentive not to use drugs is a positive aspect to the new legislation. If knowing that your cash aid depended upon your ability to produce a clean sample and pass a drug test could help you to stay clean, then it’s likely that you’ll be able to spend your time going to school or looking for a better job that pays more than welfare and so more quickly reduce your need for state assistance.

Some who would have to undergo the drug testing are offended by the implication that simply because you are having financial problems you also have a drug addiction. They say that the stigma against those who receive funds from the government is bad enough without making it worse with mandatory drug testing. Others say that it may stop people from seeking aid who need it to properly care for their children.

The only problem with these arguments is that, if welfare recipients aren’t abusing drugs, then the drug testing will actually serve to remove some of the stigma of implied drug addiction that many assume even without drug testing.

Additionally, it should be pointed out that most jobs also require random and mandatory drug testing done sporadically throughout employment – not just at the time of application.

http://www.michaelshouse.com/blog/drug-testing-for-welfare-recipients-pros-and-cons/

Not only should there be drug testing, but there should be strings attached to welfare. There should be a job re training program offered by the government to help place them into areas of where demand for jobs is expected to be, if they willfully decide to not participate, then benefits should be cut.

Not only should there be drug testing, but there should be strings attached to welfare. There should be a job re training program offered by the government to help place them into areas of where demand for jobs is expected to be, if they willfully decide to not participate, then benefits should be cut.

I complete agree with this thinking.

As an aside, Greg Guttfeld joked the other day that if the WH was really on its game, it would get the 2500+ imprisoned illegals it just released onto the streets to give the WH tours.

Well I've always said they should be handed a shovel, rake, leaf blower etc and they'll get their check on Friday at 5. We have all these "shovel ready" jobs but no one ready to shovel. Well you damn well bet they'd shovel if their check depended on it.

Well I've always said they should be handed a shovel, rake, leaf blower etc and they'll get their check on Friday at 5. We have all these "shovel ready" jobs but no one ready to shovel. Well you damn well bet they'd shovel if their check depended on it.

I understand what you are saying, but there are many people that are on welfare in a transitory basis. From my view, if you are there in the short-term, I don't believe you should be mandated to perform these tasks, but if it's someone who is consistently there, then I have no problem with this.

I understand what you are saying, but there are many people that are on welfare in a transitory basis. From my view, if you are there in the short-term, I don't believe you should be mandated to perform these tasks, but if it's someone who is consistently there, then I have no problem with this.

How do you know it's for the short term? Take their word for it? You get government money and you're able bodied? You work for your supper.

if times are tough and the shovel is gonna bring in the $$$, then the shovel it is.

i do love Magox's idea of the training in areas where jobs are in demand or lose the benefits.

too many are just coasting along with no regards and no intentions of working ever and they do not deserve 1 cent IMO.

Make it "painful" so to speak to be on Welfare.... make it like disbaility insurance, the incentive being to get back to work... once we get into work programs, training, drug testing, etc... we are looking at another expansion of the program, which means more workers, more overhead, more taxes to keep it running. Keep welfare a prpgram that meets a temporary need, does not incent people to have more kids, and promote people to get back to earning money...

How do you know it's for the short term? Take their word for it? You get government money and you're able bodied? You work for your supper.

It's not that difficult Chef. You know there are these things called records, ya, it's pretty cool, they get to record actual data in these neat things called computers and you can check out what you recorded. WAAAAY COOL MAN!

So my view is cut some slack by helping keep retain dignity for those that happened to fall into a bad situation that are now on "welfare". But after a while, if you remain on Welfare for a set period of time, then you would be required to either work in the menial jobs that you suggested or enter job re training programs. Details would have to be worked and tweaked, but that would be the general outline of the plan.

Edited by Magox

It's not that difficult Chef. You know there are these things called records, ya, it's pretty cool, they get to record actual data in these neat things called computers and you can check out what you recorded. WAAAAY COOL MAN!

So my view is cut some slack by helping keep retain dignity for those that happened to fall into a bad situation that are now on "welfare". But after a while, if you remain on Welfare for a set period of time, then you would be required to either work in the menial jobs that you suggested or enter job re training programs. Details would have to be worked and tweaked, but that would be the general outline of the plan.

Past performance does not indicate future results. I trust no one with regard to this.

Edited by Chef Jim

Past performance does not indicate future results. I trust no one with regard to this.

I understand...My approach is a little less hard line, I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt to those that are new recipients rather than the habitual moochers.

I understand...My approach is a little less hard line, I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt to those that are new recipients rather than the habitual moochers.

No, I get what you're saying I just think it's been obvious for years that I'm a huge a-hole. :lol:

I complete agree with this thinking.

As an aside, Greg Guttfeld joked the other day that if the WH was really on its game, it would get the 2500+ imprisoned illegals it just released onto the streets to give the WH tours.

:lol:

Didn't see this till right now.

Let's say you're in California or Washington or Colorado and you have a legal prescription for medicinal marijuana, would a positive test prohibit you from getting welfare or disability?

Let's say you have a prescription for oxycodone (or another "legal" big-pharma narcotic) due to a chronic condition or recent trauma, would a positive test prohibit you from getting welfare or disability in that case?

Let's say you're in California or Washington or Colorado and you have a legal prescription for medicinal marijuana, would a positive test prohibit you from getting welfare or disability?

Let's say you have a prescription for oxycodone (or another "legal" big-pharma narcotic) due to a chronic condition or recent trauma, would a positive test prohibit you from getting welfare or disability in that case?

These things would obviously have to be worked out... I think for the most part, we are talking about a framework for some sort of welfare reform.

you don't even need some bogus prescription for MJ in Colorado now... is doesn't mean CU Boulder keep the campus open for the annual smokeout... boo..... I don't do drugs, well at least the illegal ones or one you have to smoke.. but I do smoke cigars,,, thank !@#$ing god its friday, Im mush...