(OT) Anyone Watch 24?

I know there is a large LOST contingent on this board, but are there a lot of 24 watchers?

Just curious since the new season starts on Sunday. Since the BIlls are out of the playoffs and I am in football mourning, I am glad 24 is around to ease the pain.

My friend turned me onto 24 last year, I was hooked from the first episode. Great show with an excellent premise. From the ads I've seen so far we're going to get the 1st 4 hours in the 1st week. The scary thing about 24 is that it may wind up being reality TV for real.

Terrific show. More tension, minute-to-minute, than anything else on TV. I thought it lost its way towards the end of last year (the Sherry/David Palmer storyline just got completely stupid, and what was the deal with what's-her-name and the baby and Chase?), but killing off Sherry, axing Palmer as president, and cutting off CTU suggests the producers know that and are setting up for a fresh start.

I know there is a large LOST contingent on this board, but are there a lot of 24 watchers?

Just curious since the new season starts on Sunday. Since the BIlls are out of the playoffs and I am in football mourning, I am glad 24 is around to ease the pain.

198215[/snapback]

my wife and i are big fans...have been watching since episode one. there have been ups and downs like with any show, but it's as entertaining as anything else i've seen out there.

198215[/snapback]

I like the show. The 2 back to back 2 hour episodes Sun and Mon should be a nice kickoff for it. I just hope it doesn't go to Tuesday nights after that. That's basketball night and I always miss the first 10-15 min(tough show to do that on)

I love it, Jack Bauer kicks ass!

but I prefer watching it on DVD:

no commercials, & don't have to wait a week for the next show.

NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!! :devil:

198345[/snapback]

I'm the same way. I think it's the best show on network TV, and I avoid the hell out if it all season waiting for DVD's to come out. Doesn't make a lot of sense...but oh well.

I love it, Jack Bauer kicks ass!

but I prefer watching it on DVD:

no commercials, & don't have to wait a week for the next show.

NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!! :devil:

198345[/snapback]

Watched the 1st two seasons on DVD. Talk about killing a whole weekend. We'd get the box set on Friday after work, and my fiance and I would watch all 24 episodes in one weekend. Last year we watched it while it was being broadcast, which just wasn't the same as doing the marathon sessions. We'll watch it on TV this season, too, because I just can't wait for it to come out.

Sunday it goes head-to-head with the season premier of Carnivale. Not sure which one we'll DVR. Tough choice.

I like the show.  The 2 back to back 2 hour episodes Sun and Mon should be a nice kickoff for it.  I just hope it doesn't go to Tuesday nights after that.  That's basketball night and I always miss the first 10-15 min(tough show to do that on)

198317[/snapback]

Nope, this year it is on Monday nights at 8. And as an added bonus, they have already filmed half the season meaning they won't have those annoying 3 week breaks in the middle of the season. All 24 episodes will air in a row. Sounds good to me!

Don't worry Ricco, my friend does the same thing with the DVD, so I won't post any spoilers when the show starts :devil:

All I know about this year is Tony and Michelle are in the show but aren't regulars (what that means, I'm not exactly sure), Kim (sadly) is not on the show (for now at least) and niether is Palmer. I agree that their storylines became stale, but I really dug Palmer (and loved looking at Kim!).

Oh well. This season should be great!

Great show - I got hooked a few years ago on Labor Day when FX showed a re-run of season 1 and my new roommates watched the whole thing on Tivo - I caught the last 8 or 9 episodes. Then watched the entire season 2, and later on the entire season 1 left over on Tivo in about 2 days. Saw most of season 3 last year - I like 1, then 2, then 3 in that order, so hope this new one is an improvement.

I did read a preview in USA Today yesterday, said its almost an entirely new cast with Jack now, think the producers realized it was getting a little stale. And the reviewer gave the show 4 out of 4 - should be great!

Obviously you liked Carnivale, what's the attraction?  I've seen snippets but it almost looks too weird.

198362[/snapback]

That's the attraction. It is very weird, and weirdly addicting, if that makes sense. It sort of gets under your skin. A lot of people like LOST on this board, because the episodes supposedly contain little clues, etc., to the storyline. Carnivale is the same way. It's sort of like Twin Peaks was, only more strange (The Arm from Twin Peaks is in it, "garbonzo"). I can point to one particular episode called Babylon, which completely blew my mind...very unsettling ending. If you have HBO On Demand, I would suggest sitting through a couple episodes.

Anyone else catch tonight's premier?? I've seen the first 3 seasons, and thought they've regressed each season. But tonight's 2 hours were a great start IMO. They didn't skip around at all, got directly into a huge story. I don't want to ruin the story-line too much (spoiler) in case some may have recorded it or something, but it was very compelling and everything I remembered from season 1. Can't wait for tomorrow night.