Damn Shame we didn't sign Billy Volek!

We would have benched Drew after the bad early season start and made the playoffs in my opinion.  Let's hope for a great off-season for JP. 

Go Bills in 2005!!

198100[/snapback]

Yeah threw for a lot of yards didn't he. How many wins did he have again?

Yeah threw for a lot of yards didn't he.  How many wins did he have again?

198103[/snapback]

The Titans and the Bills had completely different scenarios this season in terms of talent and injuries. So your point makes no sense to me. With him at the helm, we're playing this weekend!

Now we no why Donahoe and Modrak made such a big play for Volek during the Free Agency Period....Cause Bledsoe Blows!

The Titans and the Bills had completely different scenarios this season in terms of talent and injuries.  So your point makes no sense to me.  With him at the helm, we're playing this weekend! 

Now we no why Donahoe and Modrak made such a big play for Volek during the Free Agency Period....Cause Bledsoe Blows!

198109[/snapback]

And how amany of those yards were due to the D playing soft/prevent at the ends of games because Tenny was so far down. Numbers don't tell you everything. He is a good QB, but he had a good running back, better Oline than we have, and 2 stud WR's. Plus 2 TE's that could start (ne's a rookie). He had overall better weapons to go to. Not by a lot, but he did.

And how amany of those yards were due to the D playing soft/prevent at the ends of games because Tenny was so far down.  Numbers don't tell you everything.  He is a good QB, but he had a good running back, better Oline than we have, and 2 stud WR's.  Plus 2 TE's that could start (ne's a rookie).  He had overall better weapons to go to.  Not by a lot, but he did.

198112[/snapback]

Soft Coverage?!? Hardly, He was throwing many a deep ball to Mason and especially Drew Bennett early in games. As far as I know you can't really throw deep balls with any success against soft coverage.

At any rate, he's a much better decision maker with better pocket presence (pat pat pat...boom) than Drew...without the benefit of all those years of experience.

Forget Volek...damn shame we didn't sign Drew Bennett, who I was touting(LAMP) as someone the Bills should go after during the FA period last year! B-)

...and if anyone doubts me, I will have the moderators dig up my old posts to prove it!

198119[/snapback]

B-):lol::lol:

I remember that... I said just say no to white WR's. :devil:

We would have benched Drew after the bad early season start and made the playoffs in my opinion.  Let's hope for a great off-season for JP. 

Go Bills in 2005!!

198100[/snapback]

Volek?! :devil:

He can't beat the good teams.

Lost to San Diego (had decent stats though - still a loss)

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1rst % 20+ Sac Rate

VS. SAN DIEGO 1 58 39 67.2 279 4.81 35 2 0 14 35.9 3 3 89.7

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1rst % 20+ Sac RateLost to Minnesota (a 28.7 rating, 3 interceptions):

VS. MINNESOTA 1 36 17 47.2 190 5.28 21 0 3 11 64.7 1 2 28.7

Lost to Indy

VS. INDIANAPOLIS 1 35 21 60.0 269 7.69 48 3 2 10 47.6 5 7 88.9

Lost to Denver (with a 19 rating):

VS. DENVER 1 20 8 40.0 111 5.55 37 0 2 5 62.5 1 5 19.0

So, 0-4 vs all "winning" teams (defined by me as a team that either made the playoffs or has a winning record). Since everyone's criteria of a good QB is beating the good teams, Volek would not be considered a good quarterback.

Plus, the guy took *30* sacks in only 8 starts! He's a freak'n statue out there!

CW

Volek?! :devil:

He can't beat the good teams.

Lost to San Diego (had decent stats though - still a loss)

CAT  G  Att  Comp  Pct  Yds  YPA  Lg  TD  Int  1st  1rst %  20+  Sac  Rate

VS. SAN DIEGO 1 58 39 67.2 279 4.81 35 2 0 14 35.9 3 3 89.7

CAT  G  Att  Comp  Pct  Yds  YPA  Lg  TD  Int  1st  1rst %  20+  Sac  RateLost to Minnesota (a 28.7 rating, 3 interceptions):

VS. MINNESOTA 1 36 17 47.2 190 5.28 21 0 3 11 64.7 1 2 28.7

Lost to Indy

VS. INDIANAPOLIS 1 35 21 60.0 269 7.69 48 3 2 10 47.6 5 7 88.9

Lost to Denver (with a 19 rating):

VS. DENVER 1 20 8 40.0 111 5.55 37 0 2 5 62.5 1 5 19.0

So, 0-4 vs all "winning" teams (defined by me as a team that either made the playoffs or has a winning record).  Since everyone's criteria of a good QB is beating the good teams, Volek would not be considered a good quarterback.

Plus, the guy took *30* sacks in only 8 starts!  He's a freak'n statue out there!

CW

198131[/snapback]

The Titans O-line is not what it used to be. That's why McNair is so beat up and Volek took sacks. And the Titans D is now AWFUL!

The Titans O-line is not what it used to be.  That's why McNair is so beat up and Volek took sacks. And the Titans D is now AWFUL!

198138[/snapback]

Let's see they had their left tackle get selected as a probowl alternate. Tell me again how many of oline did even that?

Let's see they had their left tackle get selected as a probowl alternate.  Tell me again how many of oline did even that?

198167[/snapback]

Ok, that's one position out of five that make up the o-line? what about the other four for the Titans? :devil:

Ok, that's one position out of five that make up the o-line? what about the other four for the Titans? :devil:

198177[/snapback]

Buffalo didn't have any pro bowl OL... In fact, did we have any probowl players on offense at all?

I think it's a stretch to say we'd be in the playoffs with Volek...

CW

Let's see they had their left tackle get selected as a probowl alternate.  Tell me again how many of oline did even that?

198167[/snapback]

We all know how much a Pro Bowl selection really means for offensive linemen. Ruben Brown clearly earned each and every one of his Pro Bowl berths!

The Titans and the Bills had completely different scenarios this season in terms of talent and injuries.  So your point makes no sense to me.  With him at the helm, we're playing this weekend!

You managed to contradict yourself in only three sentences. Nice work!

For the record I'd much rather have Billy Volek than Jon kitna, however Volek did take a lot of sacks, and make a lot of dumb mistakes, but I won't hold losing to better teams against him, as the rest of the titans team outside of volek/mason/bennet and brown(when he wasn't injured) sucked. The Volek Machine when he gets a full time chance to start and the titans get some quality guys around him will turn out to be a pretty good qb in this league.

Go Bills in 2005!!

198100[/snapback]

can't blame donahoe for that one. we made volek an offer, but he wanted to stay in tennessee. no sense crying about woulda-coulda-shoulda. the bills have their future QB on the roster. he'll get his chance in 2005.