I dont understand any of this cut Fitz talk

Jeesuz... we get it. he sux get over it. We freakin agree. We know it, you know it, God knows it. THE BILLS DO NOT HAVE A BETTER ANSWER.... PERIOD. And simple math 101.... when you are a team that has a lot of holes plus want to be a player in free agency, plus re-sign some of your own players, you do not want to take a $10m cap hit to give you a "woody" and then turn around and spend another $7m on a flippin starting QB that sux as bad or more than Fitz.

Summary... we get it. Fitz sux and you want him gone. Aint happening this year unless they find a CLEARLY (CLEARLY) BETTER (BETTER) answer..... GET OVER IT AND LET IT GO.

PS... go get Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassel, Shaun Hill... What do you gain but another stupid cap maneuver? PS... there is no QB Fairy. The QB Fairy does not exist and is not going to leave an elite QB under your pillow!!!!!!

I will let it go when he's gone. And how do you know TJax is not a better option? Because Chan said so?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its easy...and sexy..... to blame the QB for EVERYTHING that is wrong with a football team. Thats what clue-less folks do. Especially for Buffalo.

Our problems are rooted WAY deeper than Fitz. And...you all know it. But complaining on the Bills chat site is what gets hits so why not say its all fitz's fault right ?

Fitz will be a Bill this year. You heard it here first. Like it or not, he's a Bill. For 2013. Will he start ? I hope not, but I hope so if we draft one of these scrubs. I want to see this team win some games. Fitz aint the guy I get that. But he is the best option for 2013. With an improved defense he is good enough to take us one level deep in the playoffs and I'll take that all day long at this point.

jb

Jeesuz... we get it. he sux get over it. We freakin agree. We know it, you know it, God knows it. THE BILLS DO NOT HAVE A BETTER ANSWER.... PERIOD. And simple math 101.... when you are a team that has a lot of holes plus want to be a player in free agency, plus re-sign some of your own players, you do not want to take a $10m cap hit to give you a "woody" and then turn around and spend another $7m on a flippin starting QB that sux as bad or more than Fitz.

Summary... we get it. Fitz sux and you want him gone. Aint happening this year unless they find a CLEARLY (CLEARLY) BETTER (BETTER) answer..... GET OVER IT AND LET IT GO.

PS... go get Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, Jason Campbell, Matt Cassel, Shaun Hill... What do you gain but another stupid cap maneuver? PS... there is no QB Fairy. The QB Fairy does not exist and is not going to leave an elite QB under your pillow!!!!!!

We not 'getting over it' till the guy is GONE. Maybe you need to finally understand this. A trained monkey can do a better job than Fitz so I have no issues letting a 2nd round QB in this draft take over for him and have his shot.

Its easy...and sexy..... to blame the QB for EVERYTHING that is wrong with a football team. Thats what clue-less folks do. Especially for Buffalo.

Our problems are rooted WAY deeper than Fitz. And...you all know it. But complaining on the Bills chat site is what gets hits so why not say its all fitz's fault right ?

Fitz will be a Bill this year. You heard it here first. Like it or not, he's a Bill. For 2013. Will he start ? I hope not, but I hope so if we draft one of these scrubs. I want to see this team win some games. Fitz aint the guy I get that. But he is the best option for 2013. With an improved defense he is good enough to take us one level deep in the playoffs and I'll take that all day long at this point.

jb

Actually, I've heard it from many others before you. And I'm curious, in what post did I say it's all his fault? Check my history, I'll wait. As for the playoffs, I'd love if you were right. Unfortunately you're not.

If Fitz is a Bill in 2013, guarantee they do not even sniff the playoffs for a 14th consecutive year and will not have anywhere close to a winning record. They can save $7 million in real money by cutting him. Take the $10 mil dead cap hit and move on. They will never ever ever win anything with Fitzpatrick at QB. Anyone thinks so....well....good luck with that.

jb

No offense...But I think you're seriously dreaming with that point...I think with an improved Defense the Bills could win a game or two more for sure...But the minute Fitz comes up against a good Defense himself, he won't be good enough...And that's that... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

No offense...But I think you're seriously dreaming with that point...I think with an improved Defense the Bills could win a game or two more for sure...But the minute Fitz comes up against a good Defense himself he won't be good enough...And that's that... B-)

We were VERY close to winning 3 games (that we ended up losing). Even with a mediocre QB. Hell if we won those games we might have even had a shot at the playoffs. Yes, I saw the turnovers. Yes I saw the bad pass routes run by a totally pathetic group of receivers. Listen. I am not saying Fitz is Joe Montana. He's an average QB IMO. I think he could be a pretty good QB...if he had someone to throw to besides the triple covered SJ. He gets rid of the ball quick......and on target in the short game. Very important in a WC scheme. Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it....and then we have to read all of this crap all over again next year ! LOL !

Dude I just want this team to win. Thats all. I hope I'm wrong but I don't have a warm fuzzy about any of the QB's available via FA, or the draft. Good God I would love some Crow right now !

jb

Like i said before....Fitz has the Bills by the balls!!!

Thanks to the idiots who run this circus!

Think your right, he holds the cards thanks to Buddy quick trigger on that contract.

I still think we should move on. Fitz had some good moments like that Oakland comeback a couple of yrs ago. But he cant finish games. Chan dumb ass even said it.

Fitz will be back. Period!! This team has too many holes to fill with all the cuts and retirements. Couple this with only six draft picks, you won't see two QBs drafted. Maybe a UDFA afterwards is brought in. There won't be any Mario Williams type signings in FA this year. Plan on second and third tier bandaids. I agree with marauderswr80 that Fitz has the team by the balls. Terrible contract they gave him.

What a bad football team, where we end up stuck with this guy... They have soo many holes on this team, it's not even funny. Very frustrating for the fans. I'd say the league should make an exception, give us the first 20 Draft Picks since we've sucked so bad for so long. :thumbsup:

And be the first team in history with 20 first round draft busts in one year?

Don't bring up the Fitz vs any decent defense angle..you know the ones where he just does ZERO to assist this team.

Some high feelings on both sides in this thread.....cut the bum lets heal these wounds. Short memories I guess. Bruised ribs didn't slow down Aj mccarron. I'm throwing ribgate out as an excuse it was just more of fitz's inaccurate normal play.

As someone else stated earlier I'd be more comfortable w 2nd rounder than Fitz at this point.

We were VERY close to winning 3 games (that we ended up losing). Even with a mediocre QB. Hell if we won those games we might have even had a shot at the playoffs. Yes, I saw the turnovers. Yes I saw the bad pass routes run by a totally pathetic group of receivers. Listen. I am not saying Fitz is Joe Montana. He's an average QB IMO. I think he could be a pretty good QB...if he had someone to throw to besides the triple covered SJ. He gets rid of the ball quick......and on target in the short game. Very important in a WC scheme. Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it....and then we have to read all of this crap all over again next year ! LOL !

Dude I just want this team to win. Thats all. I hope I'm wrong but I don't have a warm fuzzy about any of the QB's available via FA, or the draft. Good God I would love some Crow right now !

jb

So...In those 3 games did Fitz have the opportunity to win it late? And what did he do exactly? ;)

See this is the thing with Fitz...There were plenty of people on this board who felt he would improve, and continue to improve, going back 3 years plus...But he didn't...He's basically the same guy...And to be a winning QB on almost any team you have to be better, especially vs good Defenses, and when the game is on the line...Fitz does just enough to tease folks into thinking maybe...just maybe...if we do this or that...He'll be good enough...And in reality he is exactly who he has always been...

Thing is...to me at least...if I don't think the guy is good enough, I think we should move on...I feel in the end it will be for the best, and that it's best for the Organization moving forward...I accept the very real possibility of growing pains. I also accept the very real possibility that the Bills could Draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd Round this year, only to grab one again in the top 5 next year...That's fine with me...I want them to move on and try...And I just don't see the use in keeping Fitz for another day if he's not going to be around long-term...If they can get his salary down to the average for a back-up in the NFL then I'm all ears...Otherwise...No thanks...And that's just my opinion of course... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

We not 'getting over it' till the guy is GONE. Maybe you need to finally understand this. A trained monkey can do a better job than Fitz so I have no issues letting a 2nd round QB in this draft take over for him and have his shot.

Well, grab a pallet load of snickers and get used to reality because he's gonna be in a Bills uni for a while.

So...In those 3 games did Fitz have the opportunity to win it late? And what did he do exactly? ;)

See this is the thing with Fitz...There were plenty of people on this board who felt he would improve, and continue to improve, going back 3 years plus...But he didn't...He's basically the same guy...And to be a winning QB on almost any team you have to be better, especially vs good Defenses, and when the game is on the line...Fitz does just enough to tease folks into thinking maybe...just maybe...if we do this or that...He'll be good enough...And in reality he is exactly who he has always been...

Thing is...to me at least...if I don't think the guy is good enough, I think we should move on...I feel in the end it will be for the best, and that it's best for the Organization moving forward...I accept the very real possibility of growing pains. I also accept the very real possibility that the Bills could Draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd Round this year, only to grab one again in the top 5 next year...That's fine with me...I want them to move on and try...And I just don't see the use in keeping Fitz for another day if he's not going to be around long-term...If they can get his salary down to the average for a back-up in the NFL then I'm all ears...Otherwise...No thanks...And that's just my opinion of course... B-)

In semi Fitz defense.... the coaching staff ( Gailey) put to much pressure on him week in and week out. CJ should have been the guy in the offense last yr, he was impossible to stop in the open field. Even fitz said himself we should get CJ the ball more...

But Gailey thought Fitz was his Tom Brady for some strange reason. Fitz also only has Stevie to work with. So he was handicapped by the scheme and a true WR for Stevie to work off of.

But Fitz had a chance to beat Brady at NE and blew it. I was done with him after that. Your best player is open and don't even give it too him last play. Fu%% the playcall, get the ball to your best guys.

After 3 yrs and he's not getting better his time is up. Gotta get a new QB. Move on. Having him in camp is gonna be take reps away from the rookie QB ( hopefully).

Let go do it get it done. Everybody in the NFL knows we need a QB, so what ...get one for once.

But Fitz had a chance to beat Brady at NE and blew it. I was done with him after that. Your best player is open and don't even give it too him last play. Fu%% the playcall, get the ball to your best guys.

The Bills lost to NE, not Fitz. Fitz didn't fumble on the 1 yard line or give up 37 points. He didn't run the wrong route on the last play. In fact, he threw for 337 yards and 2 TDs.

QB is the most important position in football, but it is far from the only position of consequence either.

Did anyone happen to notice what Drew Bree did during the playoffs on a team with a bad defense and bad coaching this year? Oh yeah, he watched them on his couch with a big bowl of popcorn, just like Fitz did.

I am for upgrading all positions on the team this off season including QB.