A PSA from Bob Weir NSFW

gomper

I haven't watched it yet but I had an experience Friday with concert etiquette. Noon show with Django Django, I get down to the stage 2 people from dead center. The 2 people in the center appeared to be an unofficial photographer and his 'assistant'. Well this photographer was getting in everyone's line of vision and his 'assistant' was literally falling asleep on his feet. This photographer had a lens that would have allowed him to be out of the way and still get some great shots. He was taking pics for his own use. Not for any publication or the venue. What a couple of tools!

I haven't watched it yet but I had an experience Friday with concert etiquette. Noon show with Django Django, I get down to the stage 2 people from dead center. The 2 people in the center appeared to be an unofficial photographer and his 'assistant'. Well this photographer was getting in everyone's line of vision and his 'assistant' was literally falling asleep on his feet. This photographer had a lens that would have allowed him to be out of the way and still get some great shots. He was taking pics for his own use. Not for any publication or the venue. What a couple of tools!

How do you know this?

The Drexel/Penn radio station, WXPN, does a free at noon show on Fridays. An act that is in town will perform for 40-60 minutes broadcast live on the station. Its a nice event. Have seen some really good acts then I go back to work(maybe)

A Friday concert at noon?

In my defense I had another show at the same venue at 8pm...

It's for the older crowd....you know....those guys that go to bed at 7.30pm.

I've seen and spoken with him and others from wxpn...

So he works for a radio station but the pictures were not for professional use? And as far as I'm concerned people taking pics at a show is part of the scene. What I typically do if I'm up front is get their card so I can check out the pics later.

i said he doesn't work for the radio station nor does he work for the venue, nor is he a member of any of the press outlets. he didn't have any cards, i asked....

So he works for a radio station but the pictures were not for professional use? And as far as I'm concerned people taking pics at a show is part of the scene. What I typically do if I'm up front is get their card so I can check out the pics later.

i said he doesn't work for the radio station nor does he work for the venue, nor is he a member of any of the press outlets. he didn't have any cards, i asked....

some are better at reading comprehension then others

No I guess not implicitly...I should clarify world cafe live, the venue, is a part of WXPN, the radio station. Sorry, in my head I thought I explained it better.

Fwiw...one of the best music related operations I've ever seen...and its public radio....

And before you blast me further $ comes out of my account to donate to them on a monthly basis plus I volunteer my time every summer with them.

I've seen and spoken with him and others from wxpn...

When you read this what do you comprehend? ?

You did??

Edited by The Poojer

No I guess not implicitly...I should clarify world cafe live, the venue, is a part of WXPN, the radio station. Sorry, in my head I thought I explained it better.

Fwiw...one of the best music related operations I've ever seen...and its public radio....

And before you blast me further $ comes out of my account to donate to them on a monthly basis plus I volunteer my time every summer with them.

Good thing you cleared that up. I was just about to blast you.

That was directed at our resident argument diva/king...trying to play defense and cover as many particular argument subjects in advance...oh it was raining too...and I hadn't eaten anything yet either

Good thing you cleared that up. I was just about to blast you.

See I'll give Pete a pass because he's a stoner but you.......oh wait, you've got a pass too. :nana:

BTW Umphrey's this Saturday at the Fox babeeeeee!!! \mm/

Edited by Chef Jim

Been seizing a lot of promo for the \mm/ at red rocks..would love to check that out. I think Dr. Dog is playing with them!

See I'll give Pete a pass because he's a stoner but you.......oh wait, you've got a pass too. :nana:

BTW Umphrey's this Saturday at the Fox babeeeeee!!! \mm/

Been seizing a lot of promo for the \mm/ at red rocks..would love to check that out. I think Dr. Dog is playing with them!

I prefer a "smaller" venue like the Fox Theater. Last year was their first time there and they said they loved it. The Bright Light Social Hour is opening for them. Another wasted St. Patrick's day. Hopefully I won't miss my train home this year. :beer: