[closed]Not getting Levitre

Kind of pissed off about what is happening with Levitre.

I thought this one was a no-brainer. On a team with no really expensive o. linemen,

couldn't we afford to spend some coin on a great run-blocking guard who has been the only guy to stay healthy all the time? You give McKelvin 5 a year who has lost his starting job 2-3 times but the money isn't there to sign Levitre? He should have been the no.1 priority this off-season.

Looks to me like business as usual at 1 Bills Drive. Wake up Russ! You're in charge now!!

i don't know. i respect the hell out of levitre, but there is talk that he is the no. 1 free agent lineman out there and is going to command 7-8 million a year. you have to take into account the fact that there are going to be other players coming to the end of their contracts over the next couple of seasons, and i remember buddy saying quite some time ago that there would come a point where it is just not realisticly possible to re-sign all of your good players. it kinda sucks, but i understand it.

I imagine McKelvin was a lower priority than Levitre, but when he was out of their price range, this was the choice. Maybe the gap between Reinhardt and Levitre was smaller than A. Williams/ Brooks and McKelvin, and the price to get ba B+ player as replacement was much more for CB than G, whether through draft or FA...? I have to assume that they are not looking to save nickels and dimes here and there at the cost of winning, as I don't get that vibe with this new regime.

But rest assured people will imply that the team is trying harder to save money than win...

But rest assured people will imply that the team is trying harder to save money than win...

Why would you assume that?

The Bills are not exactly cap rich. They spend. Spending smartly is an all together different story. Signing 100 million DE's and 9 Million back up QB's kind of restrains future spending.

The Bills have always spent money on players. Just not good ones.

They are doing it right. Why pay him 7-8 million and hes never once made the pro bowl? Offer him2-3 mill a year if he dont take it peace down the road. We can grab a gaurd in round three. I really think they are trying to save some cap to go after kruger (lb) and the lb from the jets plus safety. Bolster up the defence. Mario williams salary is 7.5 million. Levetre is not on that level in my opinion.

They are doing it right. Why pay him 7-8 million and hes never once made the pro bowl? Offer him2-3 mill a year if he dont take it peace down the road. We can grab a gaurd in round three. I really think they are trying to save some cap to go after kruger (lb) and the lb from the jets plus safety. Bolster up the defence. Mario williams salary is 7.5 million. Levetre is not on that level in my opinion.

Unless he has restructured. Mario Williams gets the remaining guaranteed money in 13. That is a whopping 23 million. Cap implications may be different. None the less 23 million can buy several game changing players if spent wisely by a true GM.