Word of warning in NFL free agency

Last year Mario Williams sat in Buffalo, delaying his press conference, trying to be convinced that Buffalo is where he belonged -- and after being given $50 million guaranteed he went ahead and accepted that plight, and was a passenger for much of the year.

In terms of pass rushers, Williams was a bust. And the Bills also went hard after Mark Anderson, aging and beat up, and he could not get on the field.

I would hardly call double digit sacks a bust.

Here's the only word of warning you need right now:

Do not expect the Bills to make any big splashes in the FA pool this year.

Take it for what it's worth......

I Wonder how they plan on filling the gaping holes at reciever and linebacker if they don't get active in free agency

I Wonder how they plan on filling the gaping holes at reciever and linebacker if they don't get active in free agency

Precisely. They need at least 2 players at each position. So you would hope they sign at least one at each to make the draft smoother sailing

Precisely. They need at least 2 players at each position. So you would hope they sign at least one at each to make the draft smoother sailing

I'd take two LB's in FA before I would take 2 WR's in FA. At #8 and filling roles with FA's we could be in prime position to get the #1 WR...

Neither would I.

Everyone needs to lay off Mario Williams, he'll be fine.

The real concern is Mark Anderson.

Amen to that. I have zero problems with the Mario Williams signing.

After his wrist was operated on he was a different player.

Playing for Mike Pettine instead of Dave Wannstedt will make Williams even more of a weapon.

Mark Anderson was a question mark before he got injured and now he's trying to rehab from a torn meniscus which limited him to a handful of games last year. Did he even have a sack?

The Best FA pickups we have had are Ted Washington, Sam Adams, Bryce Paup, Chris Spielman and London Fletcher.

On the opposite side some of the worst are Marrio Williams, Quinn Early (yeah how about that blast from the past?) and pretty much any attempt to upgrade offense esp. QB.

Was there supposed to be a link in the post?

I'm still wondering about that.

Well the official Legal Tampering period begins in just a few hours (less than 2 I believe) so we'll start hearing rumors VERY SOON about which players are being courted by which teams.

I would even say it's probable that when we wake up tomorrow we'll know where some players will sign on the 12th.

I am confused by that term...

You know, like when Jason Peter's agent was shopping his services in Philly a year before he held out and was traded to the Iggles. That was one of the worst examples of tampering I've ever witnessed. But, no flag on the play.

Andy Reid's up to his old tricks... again.

Edited by Nanker

in theory you should be able to get a couple solid players for modest contracts after all the dust settles and the huge saleries are given out. i guess this is where that new analytics department comes in.