Word of warning in NFL free agency

Lots of mentions of Bills in the article and I agree with most of concept - teams mostly overpay for free agents. Other teams players look like treasures:

Last year Mario Williams sat in Buffalo, delaying his press conference, trying to be convinced that Buffalo is where he belonged -- and after being given $50 million guaranteed he went ahead and accepted that plight, and was a passenger for much of the year.

The Saints and Bills were at the top of the NFL in terms of committed cash -- i.e., actual money spent on salary for 2012 -- and where exactly did that get them?

In terms of pass rushers, Williams was a bust. And the Bills also went hard after Mark Anderson, aging and beat up, and he could not get on the field.

Best FA pickup by Bills recently? Probably TKO. Worst in recent history is probably OL man hired from Washington - he really did not seem to want to play.

Well the official Legal Tampering period begins in just a few hours (less than 2 I believe) so we'll start hearing rumors VERY SOON about which players are being courted by which teams.

I would even say it's probable that when we wake up tomorrow we'll know where some players will sign on the 12th.

I don't know bout tko being best fa pickup in recent years. I think Chandler and freddy could be argued

I don't know about that, TKO was at the top of his game and in his prime when he joined the Bills, one of the best in the league up until his injury.

Well the official Legal Tampering period begins in just a few hours (less than 2 I believe) so we'll start hearing rumors VERY SOON about which players are being courted by which teams.

I would even say it's probable that when we wake up tomorrow we'll know where some players will sign on the 12th.

I am confused by that term...

I think I'm 24 hours off. I guess Legal Tampering can start at midnight tomorrow. Sorry everyone.

I am confused by that term...

You say you are but I think you're not. Funny concept though.

I think I'm 24 hours off. I guess Legal Tampering can start at midnight tomorrow. Sorry everyone.

You say you are but I think you're not. Funny concept though.

But, ok, legal tampering. Tampering =bad. legal =but it's all ok.

So, cheat and do things on the down low and it's "legal" just do not do too much bad or make another team mad or they will file a complaint and win. Most importantly, remember SpyGate, because if it is really bad and makes us look bad, we will have to punish you (wink wink) and we will make sure it goes away.

This should be fun - the rumors are going to be flying on Twitter! I also like that guys can test the market, but teams will have a chance to match...

New FA rules (for those that are interested): http://www.thephinsider.com/2013/3/8/4080716/nfl-free-agency-2013-frequently-asked-questions

But, ok, legal tampering. Tampering =bad. legal =but it's all ok.

So, cheat and do things on the down low and it's "legal" just do not do too much bad or make another team mad or they will file a complaint and win. Most importantly, remember SpyGate, because if it is really bad and makes us look bad, we will have to punish you (wink wink) and we will make sure it goes away.

Just destroy the evidence. Thats all. No biggie !!

ps...jboys...Good sig line link there. eusa_clap.gif

jb

What is the "word of warning" that you speak of so glibly? Don't overspend on free agents? Who cares! The Bills have the money, not to mention cap room. For years people here bitched about Ralph being cheap. Last year they went for it; and as far as I'm concerned they should continue doing so. Sign Mike Wallace; go after any high profile guy. What do I care...it's not my money.

Was there supposed to be a link in the post?

Yes

http://www.cbssports...aynesworth-deal

What is the "word of warning" that you speak of so glibly? Don't overspend on free agents? Who cares! The Bills have the money, not to mention cap room. For years people here bitched about Ralph being cheap. Last year they went for it; and as far as I'm concerned they should continue doing so. Sign Mike Wallace; go after any high profile guy. What do I care...it's not my money.

Money spent poorly on free agents can not be spent wisely on free agents later.

Here's the only word of warning you need right now:

Do not expect the Bills to make any big splashes in the FA pool this year.

Take it for what it's worth......

I thought Ralph's Taurus was paid for... he should have some money sacked away. C'mon, you're no Chriss Trapasso, but I will take your word for it.

Here's the only word of warning you need right now:

Do not expect the Bills to make any big splashes in the FA pool this year.

Take it for what it's worth......

All things considered, this is not a surprise.

At least to me.

I'm basically hoping for one starting quality player at any position.

Preferably a cornerback, linebacker, or tight end.