filling the "holes" with useful vets

I read on here Fitz can only throw the ball 10 yards. So I guess it must be true ? I havent forgotten this just yet and I wouldn't be bothered at all if Fitz remains a Bill ...albeit after a contract restructure.

EDIT: Fitz may well be a useful vet on this team. Great mentor, solid back-up.

(ps....I dont know how to post video on this site...sorry.)

Edited by jaybee

I read on here Fitz can only throw the ball 10 yards. So I guess it must be true ? I havent forgotten this just yet and I wouldn't be bothered at all if Fitz remains a Bill ...albeit after a contract restructure.

EDIT: Fitz may well be a useful vet on this team. Great mentor, solid back-up.

(ps....I dont know how to post video on this site...sorry.)

What is Fitz a great mentor of? How to play horrible at QB? Seriously, why does everyone like a guy who was absolutely terrible for us mentoring a young stud QB? Makes no sense to me. You want a good mentor. Bring back Jimbo.

What is Fitz a great mentor of? How to play horrible at QB? Seriously, why does everyone like a guy who was absolutely terrible for us mentoring a young stud QB? Makes no sense to me. You want a good mentor. Bring back Jimbo.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Fitz handle everything to do with things off the field extremely well?

Add to that the fact he is extremely intelligent and likely knows exactly what to do on the field....but lacks the physicality and game smarts to put that knowledge into practice on the field......and you end up with a person who is perhaps extremely well suited to being a mentor to a young person entering into the harsh make or break world that is the NFL QB.

Casey is the lead blocker for foster and can play tight end

Thanks for the gouge

ST?

Time will tell. I think Fitz may be an example of a "do as I say not as I do" kind of guy - someone whose understanding of the game and ability to read coverages and see what plays might work outstrips his physical abilities to USE that information. Which is a long-winded way of saying "the stuff great mentors are made of"

Signing Kruger takes them in the one big signing camp. Kruger is a good choice because he is young so he can be a building block for 5 years. Downside is he doesn't have the longest track record If they are going with one big buy I would put bowe and Sean smith ahead of Kruger

While I think we can all debate who is the best choice for each spot, I think everyone posting here an agree on a certain mentality: it's not so important that we pick up a big name during the offseason. I would much rather get 3-4 mid range acquisitions and plug the obvious problems at ILB and WR in advance. If we decide to let Levitre go, we can fill that spot during the draft.

Fitz replaced Trent Edwards because he was able to throw the ball down field. Now that Fitz refuses to throw the ball downfield or misfires consistently, it is only time for him to be replaced by someone who can do that. Anyone who can stretch the field opens up those big lanes for Spiller.