Russ Brandon: Bills 'haven't been relevant for way too long&#3

Jerry Jabber

How exactly are you enforcing 'change' on a professional sports team by bitching on a message board? Have you and BillsVet have stopped by tickets/merchandise? You've stopped boosting the televised ratings for the NFL at large?

If more pissed off fans (like myself) quit buying merchandise and stop going to the games, then that will make an impact. Look at how empty the stadium was during the Kay Stephenson/Hank Bullough era. But hey, if you don't see a problem and are happy with the status quo of the Bills, then good for you...Russ & Ralph are counting on you!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If more pissed off fans (like myself) quit buying merchandise and stop going to the games, then that will make an impact. Look at how empty the stadium was during the Kay Stephenson/Hank Bullough era. But hey, if you don't see a problem and are happy with the status quo of the Bills, then good for you...Russ & Ralph are counting on you!

Just because I pointed out how unjustifiably cranky you--a voluntary sports fan--are, doesn't mean I'm satisfied with the status quo.

Except the NFL is a billion dollar industry, with a huge TV contract, which it wasn't nearly that when Stephenson/Bullough were coaching. Teams will still get their money. And in this day in age, if they don't, they'll just move town to somewhere that fans will fill the stadium.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Just because I pointed out how unjustifiably cranky you--a voluntary sports fan--are, doesn't mean I'm satisfied with the status quo.

So you mean to tell me that if you paid for a product or service and wasn't happy with it's performance, that you wouldn't voice your opinion about it? You would just keep your frustration to yourself?

Except the NFL is a billion dollar industry, with a huge TV contract, which it wasn't nearly that when Stephenson/Bullough were coaching. Teams will still get their money. And in this day in age, if they don't, they'll just move town to somewhere that fans will fill the stadium.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I guarantee you if RWS did not sell out as many games and there were tens of thousands of empty seats that ownership/management would make some drastic changes.

So you mean to tell me that if you paid for a product or service and wasn't happy with it's performance, that you wouldn't voice your opinion about it? You would just keep your frustration to yourself?

You're off base on the issue. It's not over being happy/unhappy with the performance. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who is happy with the last 13 years.

The issue is there are some people who be upset no matter what the Bills do. They are going to complain about every action they take. No one is happy, but if you say that every decision the Bills make is terrible and the worst then there's little credibility. Look at some of the threads on here.

People have been bashing the Bills defensive cuts on here ad nausem. The Bills cut them and people cry that they are creating more holes! They franchise tag Byrd and people yell 'why didn't they tag Levitre?!!'. Ralph Wilson hands over control and people B word it's more of the same (and still can't answer *who* should choose the 'football czar' for the Bills if not Russ, Littman would be the next ranking member or Buddy himself).

In short, there's a lot of us tired of the same people just bitching on every single decision the Bills make. That doesn't make us kool-aid drinkers. That doesn't mean we think they're going in the right direction. It doesn't mean we think they're winning the superbowl. We just want nuance to the conversation than "THE BILLS HAVE SUCKED FOR 13 YEARS SO EVERYTHING I SAY IS JUSTIFIED!" on this board.

Edited by jeremy2020

You sound like a guy who bought a new truck and is bitching because there's a 1/4" scratch on the back of the license plate....

You sound like a guy who bought a new truck and is bitching because there's a 1/4" scratch on the back of the license plate....

That's nice

You're off base on the issue. It's not over being happy/unhappy with the performance. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who is happy with the last 13 years.

The issue is there are some people who be upset no matter what the Bills do. They are going to complain about every action they take. No one is happy, but if you say that every decision the Bills make is terrible and the worst then there's little credibility. Look at some of the threads on here.

People have been bashing the Bills defensive cuts on here ad nausem. The Bills cut them and people cry that they are creating more holes! They franchise tag Byrd and people yell 'why didn't they tag Levitre?!!'. Ralph Wilson hands over control and people B word it's more of the same (and still can't answer *who* should choose the 'football czar' for the Bills if not Russ, Littman would be the next ranking member or Buddy himself).

In short, there's a lot of us tired of the same people just bitching on every single decision the Bills make. That doesn't make us kool-aid drinkers. That doesn't mean we think they're going in the right direction. It doesn't mean we think they're winning the superbowl. We just want nuance to the conversation than "THE BILLS HAVE SUCKED FOR 13 YEARS SO EVERYTHING I SAY IS JUSTIFIED!" on this board.

I don't think I'm off base, it was a legitimate question. Yes, sports fans will cry no matter how good or bad things are. I've given the Bills the benefit of doubt for so many years, but I need to see results before I start believing they are headed in the right direction. I really hope Marrone has the same success with the Bills as the Harbaugh Bros are having with their teams. Only time will tell if that will happen.

That's nice

I don't think I'm off base, it was a legitimate question. Yes, sports fans will cry no matter how good or bad things are. I've given the Bills the benefit of doubt for so many years, but I need to see results before I start believing they are headed in the right direction. I really hope Marrone has the same success with the Bills as the Harbaugh Bros are having with their teams. Only time will tell if that will happen.

So complain about that instead of starting a thread that Brandon said we needed to get back to the playoffs.

Be angry but rage against real things instead of creating problems out of thin air

So complain about that instead of starting a thread that Brandon said we needed to get back to the playoffs.

Be angry but rage against real things instead of creating problems out of thin air

I already stated that I feel Brandon & a lot of fans have lowered their standards about what the Bills should strive for. I feel we've been a very loyal fan base and deserve so much more than what we've been getting from the organization. But if that bothers you, then deal with it.

I already stated that I feel Brandon & a lot of fans have lowered their standards about what the Bills should strive for. I feel we've been a very loyal fan base and deserve so much more than what we've been getting from the organization. But if that bothers you, then deal with it.

Your complaints ring hollow because you seem incapable of recognizing that trivial things that do not matter, do not matter. You just want to be angry and upset. You're welcome to it, but the rest of us will continue to see you a blubbering four year old in walmart.

Your complaints ring hollow because you seem incapable of recognizing that trivial things that do not matter, do not matter. You just want to be angry and upset. You're welcome to it, but the rest of us will continue to see you a blubbering four year old in walmart.

So, anyone that has any type of complaints about the Bills is a blubbering four year in walmart?! So, we've just got to keep "Billeving" right, even though the same management that brought us a crap team for the past 3 years is still in place? We're just suppose to think because Brandon says "the Bills brand has been tarnished" and "we've got to get back to the playoffs" that the Bills are actually going to be a better team? If bringing the Bills back to respectability and just making the playoffs is equivalent to a Superbowl for you, then that's great, whatever floats your boat pal. Considering we've been a loyal fan base for how many years, I feel we should see a high quality team that goes on a successful run like the current Baltimore Ravens or how the Steelers have been under Roethlisberger, not just being like the Detroit Lions (one playoff appearance after 10+ years of losing teams). Do you buy Bills merchandise? Do you go to the games? Where were you when the Bills got destroyed 56-10 by the Patriots in 2007? Did you watch the game comfortably from home, or were you in stands wondering why you wasted you hard earned money to watch such as terrible team?!

Keep drinking the kool-aid, Ralph & Russ need blind sheep like you that will follow them no matter what. Who's the next free-agent the mayor is going to give the key to the city to? Talk about lowering your standards!!