Did Danica Patrick make "history" at Daytona?

RkFast

I'm pretty sure that since she finished the highest a woman ever has in the Daytona 500 (all the other races/series are irrelevant to this discussion) and that she is the first woman to lead a lap under green and the first woman to take a pole position at the 500, that qualifies as history even in the most basic definition of the word. Words mean things. What Danica did was history, plain and simple. If you think that it is a meaningless piece of history or whatever, that's fine, but to say that she didn't make history is wrong. History doesn't have to impress you to qualify as history.

Danica showed she belongs. She is a capable driver. But she does get stupid amounts of attention. Is that her fault or the fawning media?

By the way, Milka Duno is wayyyy hotter!

PTR

I don't know, I don't think Duno is that hot, I have thought Danica was hot since she hosted "The Power Block" on Spike TV on Staurday and Sunday Mornings

The media (like usually) really blows this all way out of proportion and just makes it worse. They are always all over her and what she does just because she is a good looking female in a male dominated field. As for comparing her popularity to the woman in the NHRA drag racing, they don't get the attention because Drag Racing isn't as popular as F!/Indy/Nascar racing is. You don't see Fox airing NHRA Drag racing on prime time tv on the weekends, your lucky to even hear about it on ESPN.

She did make history this weekend in the 500, it may not be groundbreaking or earthshattering history, but it was history

Milka or Danica? Danica is 5' 2". Not sure about Milka but here is avideo of both having a cat fight in the pits and they look about the same height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXDEPrIr9I

PTR

She was a professional model before so not sure if weight is her model weight.

Born: April 22, 1972

Birthplace: Caracas, Venezuela

Height: 5'4

Weight: 115

Rookie Year (Indycar): 2007

I don't know, I don't think Duno is that hot, I have thought Danica was hot since she hosted "The Power Block" on Spike TV on Staurday and Sunday Mornings

Drag raci too confusing for most people . Everyone knows danica as opposed to erica enders.

The media (like usually) really blows this all way out of proportion and just makes it worse. They are always all over her and what she does just because she is a good looking female in a male dominated field. As for comparing her popularity to the woman in the NHRA drag racing, they don't get the attention because Drag Racing isn't as popular as F!/Indy/Nascar racing is. You don't see Fox airing NHRA Drag racing on prime time tv on the weekends, your lucky to even hear about it on ESPN.

She did make history this weekend in the 500, it may not be groundbreaking or earthshattering history, but it was history

Everybody knows danica as opposed to erica enders who won a nhra pro stock race. Nobody understands drag racing either. Too many classes.

Edited by roush