Marrone: Playbook 80% Done

I agree. I always thought the scheme of the offense was just fine, the players and QB had trouble executing it

Yes, that empty backfield on short yardage plays was a real winner. Hey, let's tell the defense they can totally ignore the threat of a run on 3rd and 2, ok?

Gailey was in over his head. I drank the Kool-Aid for about two years, and then realized it was really flavored piss.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, this kinda stuff disappoints me.

You make your schemes fit your players, not the other way around.

Our Schemes would and should be totally different depending on Fitz QB/RookieQB/Vick/Flacco/etc.

Enough with this square peg round hole BS

Incorrect! The RIGHT way is have a system then draft/ Sign players to fit the system. NE, Pitt etal (you know the guys who can win) do that and have always done that. It is past time to have clear cut systems not this 'Hybrid crap' and put players in that system that can run it.

I'll say it again, NE has done it for years, has superbowls and kicks our asses repeatedly doing it.

Personally, this kinda stuff disappoints me.

You make your schemes fit your players, not the other way around.

Our Schemes would and should be totally different depending on Fitz QB/RookieQB/Vick/Flacco/etc.

Enough with this square peg round hole BS

Good point. I hope he's talking about his BASE offense.

During his address to national media, Marrone spoke briefly about how things were coming along. While a lot of it was inevitable dancing around to make sure he didn't give too much away about what he thought about certain players in the draft, I took two points.

1) According to Marrone, the playbook and schemes are 80% done. With a good month before free agency starts.

2) The schemes of the coordinators he brought in are going to be very similar to what they did before they joined the Bills and this is the reason why they were brought on: to limit the time in transition.

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid (I always am) but it seems like there is a plan in place for the first time in years.

But of course, I'm just one Kool-Aid drinker...

Yeah, aSyracuse play book. Can't wait. Does he know Central Florida isn't on the schedule?