Robert Woods - WR - USC

D521646

I love Woods and would be doing cartwheels in my living room if the Bills take him in the 2nd round. Metaphorical cartwheels mind you, I've got a bad back.

While its true that Woods isn't a prototype 6'5 monster like Calvin Johnson, he does fit Nix's criteria of "being open even when he's covered". Woods will outmuscle defenders for the ball and made a career out of doing that at USC. He's not explosive like Austin or Hopkins but I dare say he's physically the strongest WR in this draft. Would make a fine addition in the 2nd.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Woods and would be doing cartwheels in my living room if the Bills take him in the 2nd round. Metaphorical cartwheels mind you, I've got a bad back.

While its true that Woods isn't a prototype 6'5 monster like Calvin Johnson, he does fit Nix's criteria of "being open even when he's covered". Woods will outmuscle defenders for the ball and made a career out of doing that at USC. He's not explosive like Austin or Hopkins but I dare say he's physically the strongest WR in this draft. Would make a fine addition in the 2nd.

ehh.. i don't doubt strength if you say so. but just 6' even and a pedestrian vertical? i don't see how he fits that. at least Hopkins is 6'1" and has a 36" vertical. he'd be more on the radar than woods.

woods is my absolute no. 1 WR pick for the bills- even ahead of coradelle patterson who's tall thin frame and upright running stance will be ground to a pulp by NFL DBs.

watch the tape. woods is a gamer with attitude and runs like a train when he catches the ball. watch some of barkley's highlights- woods will be right there.

i'll be doing cartwheels too.