MSNBC airing a documentary called "Hubris"

dayman

Focused on the the case to go to war with Iraq. It's on now. Somewhat interesting, not a whole lot knew but detailed and has some good interviews with people involved. I know apparently there was a well-liked user that used to post here who would talk about this in detail so I figured perhaps some might find it interesting even those who ordinarily do not like MSNBC

Edited by SameOldBills

i was a little disappointed. i expected there to be some new information but it was stuff i had already seen before. i suppose that shouldnt be surprising since ive paid close attention on that subject, but it would have been more interesting to me to see something new besides the not so original added commentary

still, i think its very good that it be rebroadcast like that, if for no other reason that we dont forget how irresponsible and full of lies that administration was. definitely easily the worst of my lifetime. i just wish they had been more blunt in their condemnation, but i suppose that was supposed to be obvious in the material itself

edit: perhaps i missed it (was distracted for a few moments) but what i didnt see was the reports that there were fbi agents desperately trying to stop the pres/vp from reporting on the yellowcake because they knew it was false information. i recall seeing reports that they had sent detailed documents to the oval office that gave specific evidence that the yellowcake story was a fabrication, and the wh simply ignored those reports

i was a little disappointed. i expected there to be some new information but it was stuff i had already seen before. i suppose that shouldnt be surprising since ive paid close attention on that subject, but it would have been more interesting to me to see something new besides the not so original added commentary

still, i think its very good that it be rebroadcast like that, if for no other reason that we dont forget how irresponsible and full of lies that administration was. definitely easily the worst of my lifetime. i just wish they had been more blunt in their condemnation, but i suppose that was supposed to be obvious in the material itself

edit: perhaps i missed it (was distracted for a few moments) but what i didnt see was the reports that there were fbi agents desperately trying to stop the pres/vp from reporting on the yellowcake because they knew it was false information. i recall seeing reports that they had sent detailed documents to the oval office that gave specific evidence that the yellowcake story was a fabrication, and the wh simply ignored those reports

Tell me more about the FBI being involved in disputing the yellowcake story. It doesn't seem like something the FBI would get involved with.

Liberals are marketing a documentary called 'Hubris'? That might be the most ironic even in recorded history.

Well now. They have to trot out this decade-old story, even though (as the OP puts it) there's nothing really new,

because, you know, there's no misleading or lying going on lately to report on.............................................lol

Well now. They have to trot out this decade-old story, even though (as the OP puts it) there's nothing really new,

because, you know, there's no misleading or lying going on lately to report on.............................................lol

And we certainly haven't committed any acts of war elsewhere in the past few years that can be examined.

Maybe next they'll make a movie about Iran-Contra.

Edited by KD in CT

...well they interviewed insiders who said the yellowcake thing making it into the bush speech was the breaking point for them personally as far as losing faith in the work they did...

yeah i saw that. but i dont understand why they didnt provide a lot more detail about the reports that those stories were untrue that existed at the time. i suppose those fbi agents that had the data and were trying to get it to the president probably dont want to risk ending up with dick cheney sized cement shoes, but even if they didnt interview those guys they still could have tried to provide some new perspectives on that

unless that series of events has been effectively debunked, which i dont know how i could have missed, i thought that was a huge factor. it told me that the executive branch had made it clear they didnt want any dissention on this topic and tacitly encouraged underlings to block any info that would dispute the stories they were telling based on faulty data. when we are talking about taking a country to war, killing millions and spending trillions, yeah thats pretty huge

:lol: At this thread title

In other news:

Accenture is sponsoring a new lecture series at The Wharton School entitled "Arrogance: The spectre of unearned merit, via association with a group".

The Canadian Film Board has approved a new documentary called "Tolerance, a proud Canadian Tradition".

Which, one hopes, will explain why so many of them deem it appropriate to start political arguments in the pisser at the Sabres/Bills game. Why the pisser you ask? Well? Consider it. I have. You can't leave. You can't even move, really. You have to sit there and listen, and, since you've been drinking, there's a good chance you will be there longer than normal. It's well thought out actually...so will my repsonse be the next time it happens. I will simply turn to address the argument seeker, face to face. After all he seems to think his thoughts deserve my full attention, so I will give it to him. I will merely explain to the cops that I was so engaged in the discussion that I simply forgot what I was doing. After all, who expects to be involved in a serious political disucssion in a the pisser?

Another CFB offering: "Insecurity. The dangerous thought that becomes a habit".

The hope here is to explain why it is necessary for Canadians to spend the entire 3 hours of a Sabres game, including the bar time in between periods, explaining the good things about Canada. In fact, I now know bad things about Canada that I had no intention of ever discovering on my own, and what's more? Now I know what they are doing to fix those problems. Man, now I can die in peace, knowing that our good neighbors up north are wise enough, and strong enough, to do something about things I don't give a schit about. That I wouldn't have thought any less of them, and that I still wouldn't have cared had they done nothing...is...beside the point? I guess? Something?

"One must view with profound respect, the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge."

-Thomas Lounsbury

It is phenomenal (and instructive) how quickly any topic around the profound shortcomings of the administration with whom most of you agree ideologically, turns into an end around indictment of the administration with whom you don't agree with ideologically - notwithstanding that the topic has nothing to do with the latter administration.

With all the evidence of lies, deceit, subterfuge, blatantly misleading the Congress and the American people, shielding some evidence, aggrandizing other evidence, etc., and at the highest levels of government with complicity amongst every known security agency, the Department of State, and the Executive Branch of government, et. al., you would think the mea culpas would be aplenty.

Because we alllllllllllll know that many of you ladies of leisure were taking some uncontested rooster up the glory hole in your support for the Bush administration that had no compunction about lying to you circa 2002-2006. And you defended them. And you defend them some more. And you defended every bit of their contrived machinations over the years.

"But....but....but....Obama and Libya....Obama and Libya...."

Some of you dolts will probably defend the Bush Administration TO THIS DAY. Can't wait for the *moved to Syria" gems to flow like diarrhea from those well worn butt holes.

*and think before you mention Libya please*

I voted for Bush the second time. He was a horrible president that makes the current administration look brilliant in comparison. I shouldn't have voted for Bush. They lied. They were pathetic. They were incompetent. It sucks.

But instead of mea culpas for many of you, it's blame Obama.

It's instructive because the same folks who can't rightfully lay blame in a responsible direction, and would rather turn this into another occassion to talk about BO, demonstrate that they can't be expected to cogently entertain a single political conversation that requires even a semblance of objectivity.

And then they have the audacity to talk in generalities about "libs" being ________.

Hypocrites.

Edited by Juror#8