The next Stevie?

hooper

With the Bills having such dier needs at QB, and LB, it looks as if those spots may fill the first two rounds, but the late picks can always produce a diamond in the ruff. With major need at WR, the likleyhood of the Bills taking a WR in the later rounds is high. So what reciever do you like in the late rounds?

This list may help:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013WR.php

I am liking marcus davis right now from that list. Size and speed. I think he could end up being a great later round grab. I am also really interested to see how denard robinson from michigan transitions from a QB to WR. The kids has some serious athletism. I have watched a lot more of him than I wanted.......considering my husband is a michigan fan :)

With the Bills having such dier needs at QB, and LB, it looks as if those spots may fill the first two rounds, but the late picks can always produce a diamond in the ruff. With major need at WR, the likleyhood of the Bills taking a WR in the later rounds is high. So what reciever do you like in the late rounds?

This list may help:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013WR.php

Rather than the "next Stevie", I'd prefer the Bills set their sights higher. 70 snags a season doesn't cut it any more for a #1 wr. I'm thinking 95+ is where it's at for a #1... and the Bills could sure use one.

I'm with you on Marcus Davis, could be a freak. However I'm not sold on D.Robinson, he lacks the size, and experience at WR, no doubt the guy can make plays, but the Bills need size bad and he just doesn't fit, if he goes undrafted lets bring him in, but overall to much risk.

I'm with you on Marcus Davis, could be a freak. However I'm not sold on D.Robinson, he lacks the size, and experience at WR, no doubt the guy can make plays, but the Bills need size bad and he just doesn't fit, if he goes undrafted lets bring him in, but overall to much risk.

I don't really think he fits our needs at all.......I am just really interested to see how he does in the NFL with the crazy athletisism:) He is sure to be a special teamer at the very least somewhere. Kind of a Brad Smith type of player

curious to see how guys like Justin Hunter, 6-4, 200, do in the combine, all anyone seems to want to talk about is he knee, but the guy is a gamer, if he falls to 3rd round I could see the Bills grabbing him, unless the knee is a big issue still....Another big reciever with some questions is Da'Rick Rogers, 6-4, 208, dude had been out of football for a year for failing drug test, so it certainly makes you wonder if Nix won't do it due to 'character issues'

Edited by hooper

curious to see how guys like Justin Hunter, 6-4, 200, do in the combine, all anyone seems to want to talk about is he knee, but the guy is a gamer, if he falls to 3rd round I could see the Bills grabbing him, unless the knee is a big issue still....Another big reciever with some questions is Da'Rick Rogers, 6-4, 208, dude had been out of football for a year for failing drug test, so it certainly makes you wonder if Nix won't do it due to 'character issues'

Rogers played at Tennessee tech last year, so not a year off.

I don't know his issues as well as some but as a true sophomore he lit up some of the SECs (ie some of the nfls) top corners.

Odds are he's fairly troubled to be shown the door though.

For a point of reference - Stevie was number 2 on his college team but projected as a mid rounder that slid a lot more than expected on draft day (projected as 4-5th a lot of places i saw if I'm remembering correctly) - right?

Right correct, Mr. Saint. Keenan Burton was the other receiver for KY. He was drafted in the 4th and is now out of the league.

I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the second, although I'd prefer Terrance Williams.

Your right my bad.....you hit the same point though, guy was a beast against some solid players. But he hasn't had trouble since being released, this dude reminds me of the dez bryant story a few years ago, character questions make some teams shy away, but man Dez is lighting it up, would love to see Nix make this pick regardless.

Your right my bad.....you hit the same point though, guy was a beast against some solid players. But he hasn't had trouble since being released, this dude reminds me of the dez bryant story a few years ago, character questions make some teams shy away, but man Dez is lighting it up, would love to see Nix make this pick regardless.

Dez is a tough case. He requires handlers off the field. On it he will make unbelievable plays followed by missing easy reads that hang romo out to dry. I imagine he'd be beyond frustrating to count on.

92rec 1300yard and 12td, thats dez stat line from this past season....he's a headache but man the production is amazing....all im saying is that maybe its time for the FO to start to look into how some of these 'character issue' guys can be handled. Is it worth it or not, take Michael Irving, Randy Moss, TO, to some extent Michael Crabtree, these guys all had big problems, but there teams always seemed to be in the playoffs and superbowl.

Any one of the UT - WR that are there in the later rounds would be fine with me even the guy that got shipped out DaRick Rogers .

But i would like to see Justin Hunter be our pick in the later rounds & his QB Bray if he is there wouldn't bother me at all either !!!

I am intrested to see if they try to bring in Alec Lemon, from 'Cuse, he would know the system, not be a high pick, or they may be able to get him in FA, he improved ever year while in school, 6-1, 200.

This kid actually impressed me. I think he is a better receiver than Nassib a QB. Nice size and physical, catches just about everything it seems in traffic. We are sorely missing that. We grab anybody from Cuse I hope it's this kid.

This kid actually impressed me. I think he is a better receiver than Nassib a QB. Nice size and physical, catches just about everything it seems in traffic. We are sorely missing that. We grab anybody from Cuse I hope it's this kid.

Totally absurd to suggest Lemon is better wr than Nassib is QB. Lemon has been in and out of the Syr lineup. When he was out Nassib went to guys

like Van Chew, Nick Provo, jeff west, beckett wales, marcus sales... and most of those guys were in and out with injuries. Nassib is the only qb in the top 8 that didn't have what many would consider a top shelf or elite receiver. Nassib is much like Brady... he has to be in a defined system where it is mind over matter...you pick your opponent apart with your brain and the supporting cast being on the same page. Nassib has the physical gifts... his arm is very good, his accuracy is very good, his leadership qualities are very good, his mobility is good, his hands are the largest of the QBs except for manual, and he is the strongest QB of the bunch... he benches 400 lbs., and his decision making is good. However, his brain is superior to every damn one of them... he's an academic all american and graduated last May.T

So, Nassib had a tough time in the senior bowl, which is a useless benchmark in evaluating Nassib... it was just a display of physical attributes. Nassib is Nassib with and without Lemon. If not Lemon, someone else catches Nassob's passes... and Nassib repeatedly demonstrated that over the past 3 years. In a program that was so fractured for so long... Nassib and just a handful of others on both sides of the ball were the only supporting cast he had.

Edited by Dr. Trooth