This season may be a waste just like previous ones.

Kellyto83TD

WASTE? It is not likely to come down to a Fitz-Jax competition. Bills will draft their future qb on day one.

You suggest that it would suck if the defense turned it around and their record was 6-10 or 8-8. Well, even if Fitz were to be the QB, it is virtually the same offense with perhsps an upgrade at wr and te. So, if Bills have the same offense and the D kicks it into a top 10 or 12, there is no way in hell the Bills could not win at least 9 games. They would have won 9 this season if the D had at least ranked in thetop 20.

Stupid Wannstadt..

Unfortunately, the club is handcuffed this year by the guaranteed money given to Fitz.

But I agree with you; cut him and move on.

The numbers don't matter. Fitz is a loser. Start fresh with someone (anyone) else.

This is a case of the TBD affliction "I'm upset. Make me feel better". Unloading Fitz *at all costs* does not help the team get better. It makes you feel better, but dropping players 'just because' has no merit. You may not like Fitz and want an upgrade, but if Tom Brady became a Bill tomorrow, the team is not helped one iota by arbitrarily cutting Fitz.

I think we'll be a little below .500 in 2013 as we've been for the past several years.

I think Gailey was an average-to-good OC. I think the Marrone/Hackett combination will be better but not necessarily right away. It sometimes takes a while to install a new offensive (or defensive) scheme. Furthermore, until the quarterbacking gets better, the offense won't get much more productive. And if Levitre walks, our OL will suffer. All in all, our offense may take a small backwards.

On defense, I think we all expect Pettine to be a better DC than Wanny. But we just cut 3 starters and may yet lose another. While they all had problems, their back-ups aren't any better. Nonetheless, I do see the defense improving somewhat in 2013 thanks to Pettine's philosophy, preparation and more aggressive approach.

Of course, free agency and the draft could change these assessments, especially on defense. However, I'm not at all confident we'll find that franchise QB we've all been waiting for. If Fitz isn't the QB in '13, it will be either TJax or some raw rookie.

I don't know if I'd call 2013 a "waste" because Marrone/Hackett/Pettine will be laying the foundation for the future, but I don't think we'll be in playoff contention.

And that feeling stinks. T Jax to compete with Fitz? Everyone knows he will never lead us anywhere near a superbowl, cut him and move on, but our new HC and Nix (who hitched his GM legacy to the guy) have kept him.

What sucks is if the Defense really comes on and we end up 6-10 to 8-8 and there is really good QB talent in the draft next year. Now we are too far up the draft chart to get a good one. Nix really set this franchise back by thinking Fitz was the real deal and ignoring QB for 3 years.

This franchise will always be handcuffed and never see a superbowl again until QB is finally addressed with a top tier talent and for the forseeable future, we are handcuffed with average to below average talent.

You are already looking at next year and complaining before even giving the new staff a chance

Anyone with a clue can see that the Fitz Tavaris battle is basically a battle for who will be the backup to whoever the QB of the future is...guess you missed that

Unfortunately, the club is handcuffed this year by the guaranteed money given to Fitz.

100% not true

Edited by Max997

But I agree with you; cut him and move on.

The numbers don't matter. Fitz is a loser. Start fresh with someone (anyone) else.

I totally agree. That moronic contract is done and you can't do anything about it. I say dump the nice guy but loser on the field, and move on and get started with the future. It just amazes me that Buddy Nix still has his job after being responsible for things like Fitz's contract.

I can see the Bills putting forth a surprise season this year kinda like the Phins did in '08 ( I think it was '08). Where the took advantage of a weak AFCE division. The Jets are finished with their current regime, im not sold on Philbin and Tannehill yet, and the Pats are yet another year older.

I think Maroone makes CJ the centerpiece of our offense, Fitz stays within his limits, and Pettine makes a huge impact on defense. Optimistic? Of course, but not improbable.

Theres alot of time before opening day but I can certainly see us being @ least competitive this year.

I can see the Bills putting forth a surprise season this year kinda like the Phins did in '08 ( I think it was '08). Where the took advantage of a weak AFCE division. The Jets are finished with their current regime, im not sold on Philbin and Tannehill yet, and the Pats are yet another year older.

I think Maroone makes CJ the centerpiece of our offense, Fitz stays within his limits, and Pettine makes a huge impact on defense. Optimistic? Of course, but not improbable.

Theres alot of time before opening day but I can certainly see us being @ least competitive this year.

I would say improbable but not impossible.