Fitz due roster bonus in March

first_and_ten

I'd argue that for 1) or 2). The attachment to him on this board is so strong and unwarranted I honestly suspect at least some of it is coming from family, friends, or his agent.

Don't ever underestimate an old southern lifelong scout, promoted to a position way over his head.

By a bumbling franchise.

It's Buddy Nix & friends, doing this Fitz love krap.

A lot of ya are still missing the point. I get that Fitz sucks and, for the Bills, change is necessary at QB. But, if Fitz were cut it's basically cap neutral and the Bills would still have to pay at least $7m for a starting QB (and potentially a draft pick). There is no one out there that is a significant upgrade over Fitz unless the Bills chase Flacco in FA... and that will bury them cap wise for a few years). And, please, Alex Smith aint an upgrade and neither is Flynn.

Biting the bullet on Fitz for one more season. The real problem with this team is on defense anyway... and not just a little problem. They haven't been ranked higher than #23 in years... that's pathetic and that causes problems for any offense... especially one that has been playing with a QB who has limitiations, only one competent wr, a barely adequate TE, and an offensive line that seemingly can't play a full season without losing three starters for a significant # of games. Considering the circumstances this year, the offense is the only reason the Bills won 6 games. Had they played down to the level of the defense, we'd easlly be looking at the #1 pick right now.

Dude, you have GOT to be FKM...

You mean our high-powered, Fitz-led, offense imposed it's will on the likes of KC, CLE, NYJ, and AZ?... :lol: ! -Some pretty vaunted defenses there for sure. LOL!

I should've stopped reading when you referred to Chandler as "Barely adequate" :lol: I realize now that you're either joking, or in posession of some KICK-ASS dope. -Either way, your post was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, partner!

Edited by #34fan

I disagree. He saves nothing against the cap if cut. He has a head for the game and he will be a great mentor to any drafted QB. I don;t foresee the Bills being big players in a trade for Alex Smith either so that pretty much makes Fitz the QB vet we keep by default

Plus he'll restructure, the only way he wouldn't restructure is if he believed he can make big money somewhere else, other wise Fitz knows his best payday is to stay put and restructure

Again, I don't Fitzpatrick to restructure his deal. I want him to take a pay cut and compete for the starting job. Restructuring simply gives cap relief, but we will still have to PAY his 10M for the year. Why would the Bills want to do that?

Fitz may take a pay cut but either way he will be the starter next year. Kelsay will be cut or have to agree to a massive pay-cut/incentive laden contract. Brad Smith gone. McGee gone. Unfortunately Levitre will sign elsewhere. Byrd is franchised. I would lock up Wood to a long term deal now that will lower his cap number for this year. Then go get a WR, three LB's and a guard in FA. Spend big on the WR and get middle tier guys at the other positions. Draft QB, LB, TE, G/C, WR, and DB.