Vince Young's $300K Birthday Party

Seriously, the stupidity of these people just make me angry. Give me one million cash and I could retire forever with a monthly income of $15k+ without every spending one dime of the million, in fact, the million would grow and my income would grow every year. Yet these idiots get many times that and are broke in a year or two of their career ending. Pathetic.

Welp.. You and I might be angry.. but the places he wasted his money sure are happy he stopped by.. Money wasted on crap by rich people helps run our economy. How would the jewelers and high end car dealer stay in business without these guys? ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp.. You and I might be angry.. but the places he wasted his money sure are happy he stopped by.. Money wasted on crap by rich people helps run our economy. How would the jewelers and high end car dealer stay in business without these guys? ;)

Well I am not really "angry" per se...its just ridiculous though to watch so many guys squander money. And I don't mean like Gronk did at the SB with like a $10,000 bar tab or something because the guy has a huge contract, is young and will earn more, and he should enjoy what he works so hard for. Its the fools like Young, who's career is stalled, and may be dead, at least from big earning point of view and he goes out and takes out a $300k loan to pay for a birthday party. If you got to get a loan to pay for your b-day, then you spent too damn much.

My friend tried to get me and a buddy to buy a former NBA players boat she is friends with (and he was a huge name on and off the court during his career), and I was interested until we realized that it had been dry docked at the Marina down the road from me and not stored properly and was in bad shape because of it. It was a 48' ocean power boat and the only reason I was originally interested because I could get it cheap to keep it from being repossessed and was looking at maybe buying it to sell it, but once we learned of the condition it wasn't worth it. All that money he made and he couldn't afford to keep his boat anymore, let alone store it properly and maintain it as he was almost out of money.

I get guys who want to spend money when the money is flowing in, I just don't understand how none of them save anything or stop spending as the career winds down or contracts get smaller.

Well I am not really "angry" per se...its just ridiculous though to watch so many guys squander money. And I don't mean like Gronk did at the SB with like a $10,000 bar tab or something because the guy has a huge contract, is young and will earn more, and he should enjoy what he works so hard for. Its the fools like Young, who's career is stalled, and may be dead, at least from big earning point of view and he goes out and takes out a $300k loan to pay for a birthday party. If you got to get a loan to pay for your b-day, then you spent too damn much.

My friend tried to get me and a buddy to buy a former NBA players boat she is friends with (and he was a huge name on and off the court during his career), and I was interested until we realized that it had been dry docked at the Marina down the road from me and not stored properly and was in bad shape because of it. It was a 48' ocean power boat and the only reason I was originally interested because I could get it cheap to keep it from being repossessed and was looking at maybe buying it to sell it, but once we learned of the condition it wasn't worth it. All that money he made and he couldn't afford to keep his boat anymore, let alone store it properly and maintain it as he was almost out of money.

I get guys who want to spend money when the money is flowing in, I just don't understand how none of them save anything or stop spending as the career winds down or contracts get smaller.

Football is tough, these careers are so short & they end so abruptly. Baseball & NBA I think are a little tougher to squander away your money. Christ if your a southpaw with a .500 career winning % & an era hovering above 4.00 teams are willing to pay you 10-12 million per season. That is what a top flight receiver in the NFL makes. Some of the numbers that NBA players have made throughout their careers is staggering. I read that Antoine Walker(who was a good player but never was a guy that could carry a team by himself) made something like $140 million in his career & is flat broke. How could a guy blow threw coin like that? & honestly making money like that why would anybody even bother with a financial advisor. The majority of FAs that deal with pro sports//athletes it seems like have bad intentions. You make that kind of coin put it in something secure, not too risky & you, your family & for generations after that are not going to have to worry about money for the rest of their lives. I guess that is noty flashy & sexy enough for these guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Now Young is portraying himself as a victim:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/06/vince-young-i-was-the-victim-i-was-taken-advantage-of/

“I really want teams and organizations to know that I was young at a time and I put my trust in a lot of people, and I was getting taken advantage of,” Young said. “Basically, I’m the victim of the situation. So I’ve just got to clean up that mess, just to let teams know I’m a little bit more mature than I used to be, I’ve grown a whole lot, and I just want teams to understand that you’re getting a little bit more mature quarterback that understands the professionalism of the game.”

So he's matured but he's painting himself as a victim.

Wouldn't a more mature person hold himself accountable?