(LAMP) Norovirus is a Biatch

plenzmd1

So got what I think was the Norovirus yesterday. Felt fine at 9 am, by 10 thought I was going to expire. Holy Jesus , that was as sick as I have ever been from an intestinal standpoint Worst part was my kids were truly scared hearing me in the commode. Lasted till about 11 last night. Never had a high fever or anything like that. Feeling better today, but my whole body is sore from throwing up so violently for 12 hours.

Can't imagine what it is like when this hits a cruise ship..

So got what I think was the Norovirus yesterday. Felt fine at 9 am, by 10 thought I was going to expire. Holy Jesus , that was as sick as I have ever been from an intestinal standpoint Worst part was my kids were truly scared hearing me in the commode. Lasted till about 11 last night. Never had a high fever or anything like that. Feeling better today, but my whole body is sore from throwing up so violently for 12 hours.

Can't imagine what it is like when this hits a cruise ship..

yes, I had it several weeks ago. It was quite literally, the worst I have felt other than the time I got food poisoning from uncooked seafood. I considered going to the hospital. Thankfully, it does not last very long...

What makes you think that it isn't 'run of the mill' food poisoning? Just curious why both of you are assuming norovirus.

yes, I had it several weeks ago. It was quite literally, the worst I have felt other than the time I got food poisoning from uncooked seafood. I considered going to the hospital. Thankfully, it does not last very long...

your Richmond as well yes? Amd i also said to my wife was thinking of going to hospital, but she puled up norovirus on web and realized not much to be done but wait it out.

What makes you think that it isn't 'run of the mill' food poisoning? Just curious why both of you are assuming norovirus.

Just so happened everything i ate Saturday other people ate as well, i was only one sick. And as mentioned, once i read symptoms, was pretty sure that is what is was..low to no fever, violent throwing up, diarrhea, stomach pains..i mean it was crazy

Edited by plenzmd1

your Richmond as well yes? Amd i also said to my wife was thinking of going to hospital, but she puled up norovirus on web and realized not much to be done but wait it out.

Just so happebed evrything i ate Sturday other people ate as well, i was only one sick. Amd as mentioned, once i read symptoms, was pretty sure that is what is was..low to no fever, violent throwing up, diarrhea, stomach pains..i mean it was crazy

Yup, Richmond. That stuff is going around HARD too. Several of my friends have had it. It is apparently a mutant form from Australia, especially virulant.

My wife got it that same night, so both of us were incapacitated at the same time. With a four year old and a nine month old. God, it sucked...

Yup, Richmond. That stuff is going around HARD too. Several of my friends have had it. It is apparently a mutant form from Australia, especially virulant.

My wife got it that same night, so both of us were incapacitated at the same time. With a four year old and a nine month old. God, it sucked...

Reminds me of our family's bout with the norovirus last January. Our son got sick on a Thursday. He was fine by Friday but that night I felt like I was dying. The next morning my wife was the same. It knocked both of us out for the entire weekend but by Monday morning we both woke up as if nothing was wrong.

The best part of the experience was that our 15 month old son (at that time) was basically roaming the house by himself for a day in a half while mommy and daddy were lying on the family room floor taking turns going to the bathroom. Normally he loves getting into trouble but that weekend he was an angel. Probably sensed that something was up with his family.

Regrettably, I got the virus again last month almost a year after the first episode. This time it was far more violent but lasted far shorter.

is that your idea of bedside manner? The noises coming out of me were not of this earth, they were having visons of Linda Blair

The funny part is imagining which end those unearthly noises were coming from.