The 53 Year Anniversary Bills Wall of Shame Awards

Meathead

ok on a google search i found a listing for tom ruud that includes the line "...pick with the thought of him being the team's middle linebacker of the future" but when i click on the link i see its a membership only site

still, that seems to be a strong indication he was indeed an inside backer so i say we go with it

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Dufek - QB Curtis (No Hands) Brown FB

I can't speak to his ability to catch the ball but Curtis Brown was a pretty good running back. I believe one year he led the Bills in rushing and was voted team MVP by his teammates.

cmon man, somebodys gotta remember if Tom Ruud was an inside or outside LB. im hoping inside so we can replace pizza boy. if its outside i doubt he can beat out who we already have there

I remember much about Tom Ruud except the position he played. He had a pretty forgettable career.

I know that he and second rounder Bob Nelson were dubbed "The Minnesota Twins" because while both played collegiately at Nebraska, they both played high school in Minnesota. And as was pointed out upthread, Nelson had a good career as a middle linebacker which makes me think Ruud played the outside.

But for some reason I thought Ruud was a MLB too. His son Barrett has played the middle/inside as an NFL LB.

Jim Leonhard was a poor and tiny man's Schultz.

I always thought of Leon-hard as more of a Kelso-type player because of his lack of size.

And decent ball skills.

i still feel like we can do better than tiny tim anderson

hey who was that guy we traded with philly for that never worked out. i think he went to the bears and sucked there too. i think he was an interior defensive lineman

Something Darwin?

I'm not sure he played a down for us, much less start.

yeah and lets be honest, both of them were no worse than pizza boy

im still hoping we can get some confirmation on ruud being an inside backer cuz he seems like a very good candidate for pizzaboys spot

I remember when pizzaboy was cut there was an outpouring of admiration on the board for him. I don't know if he's a philanthropist off the field or something, but all I remember is he was an undersized LB who backed up Poz and was a significant drop off. When you're a significant drop-off from average you can't be very good.

I can't believe there's been no mention of Gregg's boys- Chidi Ahanotu and Pierson Prioleau. And I'd be remiss not to mention the inspiration for my username- Russell Copeland. And who could forget Shawn Bryson or Oliver Barnett?

All good ones. I mentioned Prioleau a ways back. Bryson was not great but formed an OK tandem with Henry. Barnett was invisible.

I can't believe there's been no mention of Gregg's boys- Chidi Ahanotu and Pierson Prioleau. And I'd be remiss not to mention the inspiration for my username- Russell Copeland. And who could forget Shawn Bryson or Oliver Barnett?

most were alrerady considered. copeland and barnett are good ones but they cant beat out who we already have at their positions

we havent had any new winners in a while, looks like its getting real tough to beat the lineup we got now, but keep the ideas coming

Edited by Meathead

i still feel like we can do better than tiny tim anderson

hey who was that guy we traded with philly for that never worked out. i think he went to the bears and sucked there too. i think he was an interior defensive lineman

Darwin Walker. He never played for the Bills though. He held out in the hopes of going back to the Eagles, but the Bills dumped him on the Bears at the 11th hour. The Eagles also got Takeo Spikes and Kelly Holcomb in that cluster !@#$ "deal". Marv Levy was a master as a GM. :lol:

Oh, how about Marcus Buggs? Not sure if he makes this team, but I always liked his name. :thumbsup:

There was that guy with the freak straight line speed that was a LB for a while, but I don't think he ever made a start. Sucked as a LB too, since he was as stiff as a 2-by-4 and was strictly glacial in changing directions.

Edit: Dan Brandenburg and it looks like he actually did have 1 start. :w00t:

There was that guy with the freak straight line speed that was a LB for a while, but I don't think he ever made a start. Sucked as a LB too, since he was as stiff as a 2-by-4 and was strictly glacial in changing directions.

Edit: Dan Brandenburg and it looks like he actually did have 1 start. :w00t:

was brandenburg an inside or outside lb? started 1 game and had 13 total tackles and nuthin else so he looks like a good candidate

i think he was inside, which means he would bump spoon off the list

Eugene Marve was actually a very good player, on some of the worst Bills teams ever. That might not be saying much, but IIRC he had a very nice career when he went to Tampa Bay...I think he even made their all decade team...he may have been a better Buc than Bill, but there had to be a kernal of that talent in Buffalo.

You could make a good case that Eugene Marve was one of the most underrated Bills players ever. He clearly doesn't belong on this list.

I don't think Manucci ever started at QB. Bruce Mathison on the other hand in a handful of starts in 1985 completed 49.6 % with 4 tds and 14 interceptions.

i took another look and realized manucci started one game in the strike year so he doesnt count. considering scab games wouldnt be fair to the players that really sucked for real

so its back to rutkowski who amazingly sucked even worse than abominations like mathison and marangi

i took another look and realized manucci started one game in the strike year so he doesnt count. considering scab games wouldnt be fair to the players that really sucked for real

so its back to rutkowski who amazingly sucked even worse than abominations like mathison and marangi

OK. I have to nip this Rutkowski thing in the bud. He was a defensive back and then wide receiver who in 1968 after injuries to Jack Kemp, Dan Darragh, Kay Stepenson and Benny Russel was forced into playing emergency quarterback against San Diego in week 11. In Week 12, he started against Denver and lost 34- 32 because Marlin Briscoe (the original pistol quarterback) threw 4 TD's to beat us . On Thanksgiving day, we played Oakland the best team in the league and were down 13-10 with three minutes left and had the ball on the goal line when Rutkowski fumbled on a quarterback sneak. I was broken hearted but never blamed Rutkowski who played his heart out. Earlier in the year, the Bills lost 48-6 to Oakland with Darragh at quarterback in Buffalo. So not only does Rutkowski not deserve this bad rap but if he had not fumbled the Bills would have lost out on the number one pick in the draft (O.J. Simpson) and ended up with Leroy Keyes. So if you want to assess really bad real quarterbacks, you can not find worst stats than Dan Darragh from William and Mary who turned out to be a very good environmental attorney but a really bad NFL QB