New GM Idzik 'comfortable' with Sanchez staying on Jets

Looks like his bloated contract keeps him in jets green another year ......

New Jets general manager John Idzik basically confirmed what everyone suspected this morning – quarterback Mark Sanchez will most likely remain a Jet in 2013.

"I feel comfortable with Mark being a Jet," Idzik said on WFAN. "I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it. It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

The Jets were expected to hold onto Sanchez despite his disappointing 2012 season because of his contract. He has a $12.8 million salary cap number that makes him impossible to trade and if they release him it's even worse.

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/blogs/jetsblog/new_gm_dzik_comfortable_with_sanchez_AQFKbryZtOwQSlFxiuOSMP

Looks like his bloated contract keeps him in jets green another year ......

New Jets general manager John Idzik basically confirmed what everyone suspected this morning – quarterback Mark Sanchez will most likely remain a Jet in 2013.

"I feel comfortable with Mark being a Jet," Idzik said on WFAN. "I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it. It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

The Jets were expected to hold onto Sanchez despite his disappointing 2012 season because of his contract. He has a $12.8 million salary cap number that makes him impossible to trade and if they release him it's even worse.

http://m.nypost.com/...ZtOwQSlFxiuOSMP

Yikes.....the Jets will be hit with an additional $4.3M if they cut him. $17.15M cap hit!

This is a clear example of why the rookie salary system needed to change. The Fitz situation seems small in comparison to Sanchez.

That's awesome. Couldn't have happened to a better organization.

Don't look now, but the Bills are in a similar situation with Fitz. The only difference is that Sanchez has shown he can win games, at least under certain circumstances. He certainly carved up Buddy's defense the first week of the season.

I'm comfortable with Sanchez staying on the Jets as well.

Don't look now, but the Bills are in a similar situation with Fitz. The only difference is that Sanchez has shown he can win games, at least under certain circumstances. He certainly carved up Buddy's defense the first week of the season.

Nice spin. I think we all know it was Wannstedt's vanilla defense; let's see what Pettine does with those players Buddy acquired.

I'm comfortable with Sanchez staying on the Jets as well.

Nice spin. I think we all know it was Wannstedt's vanilla defense; let's see what Pettine does with those players Buddy acquired.

OK, it was a cheap shot.