Jason Campbell in FA

Mango

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't just say let's draft a QB next year. The chances of winning 5 or more games are too great and that puts you out of the running. I do recognize that if Fitz gets cut we are quarterbackless, and Campbell could work. But we need to perform due diligence and pick a QB this year to be our future.

i think this is precisely what i am trying to avoid. this class doesn't seem to have much ilk. grab a seat warmer in FA. EJ Manuel seems to have some Kaepernik like skill level and upside but not ready. Grabbing him in the 3rd makes us not committed to him, and allows us to bet the farm on a much better guy that we actually like rather than dig deep to find plus sides in whats available now. would you be opposed with grabbing EJ Manuel now making it easier for us to grab A guy like McCarron next year, or is it more important to have Nassib now.

Might as well re-post this in the proper thread:

I would gladly bring in Campbell if both of the following conditions were met:

1) He signed an affordable contract

2) He came here with the explicit understanding that he would be competing for the starting job with a young, quarterback of the future and that if everything went according to plan, that he would be the backup and mentor for the young quarterback.

If he was fine with both those things, why WOULDN'T you bring him in?

He's better than anyone we've had here in years.

We'd have a good stopgap, a good backup, and a good mentor.

It's exactly the kind of move the Bills should be looking to make.

The Bills have plenty of backups on their roster. The Bills need a championship caliber QB. That means either draft a QB early and take a chance, or spend a ton of money in free agency and try to lure someone like Flacco away (which is completely unrealistic). Campbell is not, nor will ever be the answer.

The Bills have plenty of backups on their roster. The Bills need a championship caliber QB. That means either draft a QB early and take a chance, or spend a ton of money in free agency and try to lure someone like Flacco away (which is completely unrealistic). Campbell is not, nor will ever be the answer.

The Bills don't have one single quality backup quarterback on their roster.

Unless you want to pay $10 million for a guy who said after the season ended that he was "a starting quarterback in the NFL."

Might as well re-post this in the proper thread:

I would gladly bring in Campbell if both of the following conditions were met:

1) He signed an affordable contract

2) He came here with the explicit understanding that he would be competing for the starting job with a young, quarterback of the future and that if everything went according to plan, that he would be the backup and mentor for the young quarterback.

If he was fine with both those things, why WOULDN'T you bring him in?

He's better than anyone we've had here in years.

We'd have a good stopgap, a good backup, and a good mentor.

It's exactly the kind of move the Bills should be looking to make.

Exactly... guy starts for a year or so, then holds the clipboard. if we don't like our mid round project we aren't stuck like cleveland or jacksonville are with their guys and can be aggressive for a better prospect the next year, maybe trade up.

i am terrified of the bills reaching for a guy who isn't good in the first and then being married to him for the next few years. bet the house on a guy you love like washington did, don't settle

This is getting ridiculous.

Campbell is a two-read flat-footed plodder who is notorious for taking forever to decide which of his two reads should get the ball. He has performed best behind a power running game that features a tight end and lots of play action and designed rollouts.

There is no part of Campbell's limited skill set that matches up with the kind of quick-strike offense Marrone and Hackett will be installing.

Can we stop this.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

He looked pretty bad in Chicago this year. Kinda reminded me of Trent Edwards with his short throws. Why waste your time? I guess you have to start someone and it sure doesn't look like it's going to be a rookie.

This is getting ridiculous.

Campbell is a two-read flat-footed plodder who is notorious for taking forever to decide which of his two reads should get the ball. He has performed best behind a power running game that features a tight end and lots of play action and designed rollouts.

There is no part of Campbell's limited skill set that matches up with the kind of quick-strike offense Marrone and Hackett will be installing.

Can we stop this.

Your so full of it yo. From Campbells best season as a pro.

He uses more four-receiver sets and certainly has empowered quarterback Jason Campbell to a greater degree, with Campbell calling more audibles and setting protection at the line.

As the season evolved, Zorn has given the players a larger stake in the offense. Campbell preferred deeper drops and going to the shotgun more; Zorn has some philosophical aversion to that formation but granted Campbell the freedom to use it any time. The Redskins have thrown from the shotgun 53 times this season;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/31/AR2008103103275.html

But lets not let facts get in the way of a good whinge eh?

Your so full of it yo. From Campbells best season as a pro.

He uses more four-receiver sets and certainly has empowered quarterback Jason Campbell to a greater degree, with Campbell calling more audibles and setting protection at the line.

As the season evolved, Zorn has given the players a larger stake in the offense. Campbell preferred deeper drops and going to the shotgun more; Zorn has some philosophical aversion to that formation but granted Campbell the freedom to use it any time. The Redskins have thrown from the shotgun 53 times this season;

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/31/AR2008103103275.html

But lets not let facts get in the way of a good whinge eh?

That does not refute what I said. Sure, he likes the deep ball. Big whoop. His accuracy on the short range passes is highly suspect. And in any event he has regressed steadily since then.

That does not refute what I said. Sure, he likes the deep ball. Big whoop. His accuracy on the short range passes is highly suspect. And in any event he has regressed steadily since then.

No he hasnt dude owns a 60 percent career completion percentage. Campbells only problem is he's apparently turned into Chris Chandler ie he's made of glass.