What's Kitna's contract status?

GG

I'd completely disagree that he's better than Bledsoe. Kitna lost his job to Plamer, so he can't be all that. Where does all this Kitna love come from? What did he do in Seatle or Cinci? I haven't seen him lead a team anywhere. Just look at this year, the Bengals were looking good until Palmer went down - Kitna took over and they sucked it up again. So how could anyone think he's an answer? Thisis quite baffling.

Please, please explain how he's better than Drew.  Please.  I mean what has he ever done to show he should even be on an NFL roster?

195980[/snapback]

He beat the Jets and Eagles this year when he started. He looked bad against Buffalo, and Almost lead Cinci to beat NE when he replaced Palmer.

Didn't Drew show up to training camp with a Kitna-like haircut? Besides, Kitna is a man of the Lord and I think he would do well as the leader of the offense as well as serve as the team's spiritual leader.

The more I think about it, the more I like this idea.

To one... I'm not saying we should keep his concreteness. I'm just saying please don't bring in Kitna.

He beat the Jets. So did Drew.

He beat the Eagles? Not only did we not play the Eagles (hence invalid comparison), but it was a a week 17 Eagles, so even less note worthy.

He almost beat a couple of teams? Hell, Drew almost beat several teams himself. Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand granades.

To one...  I'm not saying we should keep his concreteness.  I'm just saying please don't bring in Kitna.

He beat the Jets.  So did Drew.

He beat the Eagles?  Not only did we not play the Eagles (hence invalid comparison), but it was a a week 17 Eagles, so even less note worthy.

He almost beat a couple of teams?  Hell, Drew almost beat several teams himself.  Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand granades.

196015[/snapback]

Once again, QBs don't win and lose games. Teams do. Kitna has been a FAR more effective passer than Drew has over the last 2 seasons.

How much arguing on one topic can people actually do?? Losman was drafted to start next season, injury or not. He will start unless he's a complete bust and bledsoe somehow outperforms him in july. Take it to the bank that either losman will start this season with DB as his backup, or the kid is never going to be great.

How much arguing on one topic can people actually do??  Losman was drafted to start next season, injury or not.  He will start unless he's a complete bust and bledsoe somehow outperforms him in july.  Take it to the bank that either losman will start this season with DB as his backup, or the kid is never going to be great.

196055[/snapback]

Thank you, Atlanta Falcon's GM. Welcome to the line of thinking that got them to trade BRETT FREAKIN' FAVRE.

Thank you, Atlanta Falcon's GM. Welcome to the line of thinking that got them to trade BRETT FREAKIN' FAVRE

am i the guy who got the 20th or something rated passer into the pro bowl, or is that my successor??

AD, i'm just sick of how everything turns into a losman vs. blesoe debate. I'm all for losman playing, but i don't go blabbing on and on about it. As for bringing in kitna? no thank you!

To one...  I'm not saying we should keep his concreteness.  I'm just saying please don't bring in Kitna.

He beat the Jets.  So did Drew.

He beat the Eagles?  Not only did we not play the Eagles (hence invalid comparison), but it was a a week 17 Eagles, so even less note worthy.

He almost beat a couple of teams?  Hell, Drew almost beat several teams himself.  Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand granades.

196015[/snapback]

Kind of like that week 17 Steelers. Guess your arguement goes out the door there.

He almost beat a New England team when he had to come off the bench. So his record as a starter this year was 2-1.

• 3 weeks later...

Some points about Kitna in response to comments made:

1. Kitna was not "benched". They drafted Palmer #1 overall in 2003, and paid him big bucks as he sat on the bench. Well before training camp, the B'gals announced him as starter - and why not? So Palmer got virtually all the traing camp snaps and the pre-season snaps in '04, and every game snap

2. Kitna had a good season in '03, taking all game snaps and was named comeback player of the year.

3. The B'gals changed much of their offense in '04 to utilize Palmer's talents. When Kitna had to play the Bills because of Palmer's knee, he was lost - the Bills correctly ascertained the difference in the qb's styles. Had Palmer started, the game's outcome might have been different. When Kitna played the 4th Q against NE in place of Palmer, he was 9/13 for 126 yards, 1 td, 1 pick - sorta what it often takes DB 3 quarters to accomplish.

4. I'd be surprised if cincy let Kitna go - his contract is low (and that rationale is used for TH, also), and the other qb on the roster is - drumroll please - Casey Bramlett, who led the Wyoming Cowboys to something like 2 and 10 in '03.

So here's a bright idea.

Trade Henry for Kitna.

Hey, someone had to say it. But when you think about it, you're talking about two guys who each have 1 year left on their contracts, who were starters at one time but just aren't good enough to beat out a 1st round pick. Both could probably start on a crappy team, but nobody really wants to shell out any bucks for them.

Personally, I would feel just fine about having Kitna as the #2 QB behind Losman, if Bledsoe don't wanna do it.

Word is they're going to slap the franchise tag on Rudi Johnson, and last year's 1st rounder Chris Perry underwent surgury for a sports hernia that cost him the season. And reserve Kenny Watson did well for them - so I'd think that getting TH isn't in their plans.

Creative thinking, though! :D

Word is they're going to slap the franchise tag on Rudi Johnson, and last year's 1st rounder Chris Perry underwent surgury for a sports hernia that cost him the season. And reserve Kenny Watson did well for them - so I'd think that getting TH isn't in their plans.

Creative thinking, though! :D

219251[/snapback]

Makes sense. I thought I had heard that Rudi would not be back, and I didn't know about their backup situation.

Still, if Rudi does leave, that's not a bad trade for them. For us? I'd feel confident about it.