Yankees, Johnson reach $32M, 2-year deal

erynthered

I wonder why this was posted at all. 

196384[/snapback]

Because I knew that Vince and Yoyo would come out of the woodwork to B word and moan about the Yankees. Pretty simple really, I wanted some entertainment today.

And they're usually good for a couple laughs. Sorry If I've troubled your day.

You gotta admit, they get pretty pumped about the Yankees. :w00t::lol:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why this was posted at all.  It was the biggest foregone conclusion in history.  The thing that Yankees fans need to worry about is the fact that they probably have the oldest team in professional sports history.  They are bound to break down any time.  They will then be on the hook for major, unmovable contracts.  Also they have seen what steroids can do to their players.  Giambi is worthless now and how long before all the roids Sheffield took catch up with him?

196384[/snapback]

Yeah, cause we all know that only Yankees take steriods.. :w00t:

He can't enjoy it......he's Yankee obsessed.

196335[/snapback]

While Red Sox fans are certainly obsessed with the Yankees, I would venture to say that if the Yankees had won the World Series that a good number of Yankees fans (here and elsewhere) would not allow the Red Sox fans to forget it.

It's just the nature of the two fan bases.

Hence "1918".

Because I knew that Vince and Yoyo would come out of the woodwork to B word and moan about the Yankees. Pretty simple really, I wanted some entertainment today.

You gotta admit, they get pretty pumped about the Yankees. :w00t:  :lol:

196416[/snapback]

Interesting conclusion. It is the first time I have posted on this subject (baseball) in about a year. You must have ESP or even ESPN.

Interesting conclusion. It is the first time I have posted on this subject (baseball) in about a year.  You must have ESP or even ESPN.

196450[/snapback]

I'm glad you have a sense of humor. With many Yankee haters on this board, its easy to rile, I find that humorus.

Sooooooo, what do you think about Kinta? :w00t:

I'm glad you have a sense of humor. With many Yankee haters on this board, its easy to rile, I find that humorus.

Sooooooo, what do you think about Kinta? :w00t:

196456[/snapback]

Thanks and by the way you confuse a "baseball system hater" with a "Yankee hater". If you read this long painful string, you will see I am railing against baseball's system that allows big market teams to dominate not the Yanks who are just playing the cards they have been dealt.

Now, as for Kitna, let's play out Losman in training camp, have Bledsoe in reserve (no one will trade for him) and sign the next Shane Mathews vet backup. I would like Kitna but not at the cost of a draft pick.

You gotta admit, they get pretty pumped about the Yankees. :w00t:  :lol:

196416[/snapback]

Now young grasshopper, you must learn the true meaning of Yoho. Only the oldest and most loyal of Bills fan know what this means. You must not make fun of the name or it will bring bad karma to all Bills kickers.

Now young grasshopper, you must learn the true meaning of Yoho.  Only the oldest and most loyal of Bills fan know what this means.  You must not make fun of the name or it will bring bad karma to all Bills kickers.

196466[/snapback]

Sh*t two replys, I'm confused. Born in 58, I know what Yoho is. :w00t:

I was just !@#$ing with you on your handle and Kinta, Kitna. Some things go over the inexperienced. You need to get over you displeasure with baseball. You have a great grasp of the system thats now being played out. Dont let your love of the game stop you. You've obviously followed the intricacies of how baseball works. Letting yourself miss the game because of your displeasure of how it works behind the scenes is not good, its your loss. They still play the game, its the !@#$ing game. Things change. I could give you a list on how things change? If you have kids, would you hold them back because YOU dont like how the business side of it works? Be honest. Then again you like , or did like the Birds.

Sh*t two replys, I'm confused. Born in 58, I know what Yoho is. :w00t:

I was just !@#$ing with you on your handle and Kinta, Kitna. Some things go over the inexperienced. You need to get over you displeasure with baseball. You have a great grasp of the system thats now being played out. Dont let your love of the game stop you. You've obviously followed the intricacies of how baseball works. Letting yourself miss the game because of your displeasure of how it works behind the scenes is not good, its your loss. They still play the game, its the !@#$ing game. Things change. I could give you a list on how things change? If you have kids, would you hold them back because YOU dont like how the business side of it works? Be honest. Then again you like , or did like the Birds.

196513[/snapback]

I have this bad habit of always rooting for the underdog. I think it comes from being a Bills fan. Maybe it is from growing up in Buffalo. Either way, I can't make myself like a sport where the big-city, big-money teams have an inherent advantage. It reminds me too much of the evil NFL (1960's) against the all that is good AFL. Pete Gogolak was the first player to switch leagues. And whoever, does not understand the significance of that will probably not understand my diatribe against major league baseball. So, enjoy your Yanks and all the power that is inherent in them, my best friend from Williamsville was a Yankee fan and after 40 years I still like him. YOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO

I have this bad habit of always rooting for the underdog.  I think it comes from being a Bills fan.  Maybe it is from growing up in Buffalo.  Either way, I can't make myself like a sport where the big-city, big-money teams have an inherent advantage. It reminds me too much of the evil NFL (1960's) against the all that is good AFL.  Pete Gogolak was the first player to switch leagues. And whoever, does not understand the significance of that will probably not understand my diatribe against major league baseball.  So, enjoy your Yanks and all the power that is inherent in them, my best friend from Williamsville was a Yankee fan and after 40 years I still like him.  YOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO

196528[/snapback]

Spring training starts pretty soon here in Florida. Its always fun. You're missing out. :w00t:

YOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO :lol:

I agree with you but all I'm saying is that some people on this board seem to think that the Yankees would be NOTHING with a salary cap. I simply disagree. I don't think that EVERY big name free agent or superstar would play for the Yankees just because. What I'm saying is that ALL things considered the Yankees would still draw big time players.

195858[/snapback]

And what some believe is, they may still draw some big name players but the ones that wanted money could go elsewhere. So it would be a lot harder for the Yanks to make the post season.

One thing overlooked is that a kid that may have grown up watching the Braves on cable and is a fan of the Braves, would mostly likely opt for the Braves when given even money.

And what some believe is, they may still draw some big name players but the ones that wanted money could go elsewhere.  So it would be a lot harder for the Yanks to make the post season.

One thing overlooked is that a kid that may have grown up watching the Braves on cable and is a fan of the Braves, would mostly likely opt for the Braves when given even money.

196681[/snapback]

Great point and that's what I was trying to say earlier. The Yankees have a HUGE fanbase and a lot of players would choose to go there and play. Not all but many. Until the salary system is fixed we'll never know. Until then I don't have a single bit of heartache over GS spending whatever he can so my team continues to win. It's funny how if the Yankees don't win the WS every year it's a failed season but for other teams to be over .500 ball is a success. That's why I love being a Yankee fan. We expect to win it every year and have an owner that does too.

Well, the Blue Jays just re-signed Greg Zaun.  So look out.  :blink:

Ahh, to root for a team that can't compete blows.

196863[/snapback]

Hey now, they were suppose to be in good shape going in to last year. Injuries played a BIG role in that failure. But, look at this year. Halladay will be back which will take some of the pressure off Batista and Lilly. It's too bad Phelps didn't pan out b/c I thought the kid was going to be a stud. I enjoy going to the Skydome. I'm planning on going a couple times this year.

I am a Sox fan & I will not complain about the Yankees but a 210 million payroll still dwarfs a 128 million payroll. THe SOX GM Theo said it best.. We know the Yanks can get any player they want in FA & out spend everybody. So the Boston Red Sox know the Yanks will win 95+ games each year. Sox gameplan is to build a team who can compete with them during the season & exploit there weaknesses if any in the post season. ALSO the Cards will have around 100 mill payroll. Teams who should complain are (Tampa, KC, Oak,..etc)! I am for a Cap of $100-$120 mill a year, players union would never accept it!

Ridiculous.

The Red Sox aren't far behind, maybe they can go after Beltran?  He wants 20 million a year.

195774[/snapback]

On espn today, they were talking that the Yanks may have finally tapped their resources (Boss' money) with the Unit and probably can't compete with Beltran offers. As a lifelong Yankee fan (M&M Boys!) I'm scared. If this collection doesn't bring us our 27th, it will be a veeeeeery long time before we can try again..

On espn today, they were talking that the Yanks may have finally tapped their resources (Boss' money) with the Unit and probably can't compete with Beltran offers. As a lifelong Yankee fan (M&M Boys!) I'm scared. If this collection doesn't bring us our 27th, it will be a veeeeeery long time before we can try again..

197096[/snapback]

Don' believe a single opinion out of ESPN when it comes to the Yankees.