Yankees, Johnson reach $32M, 2-year deal

erynthered

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. So Mike Mussina, Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright and Tanyon-frickin-Sturtze.

<singing>

Which one of these things is not like the other? Which of these things does not belong?

</singing>

Huh. So Mike Mussina, Kevin Brown, Carl Pavano, Jaret Wright and Tanyon-frickin-Sturtze.

<singing>

Which one of these things is not like the other? Which of these things does not belong?

</singing>

195730[/snapback]

Obviously, Kevin Brown.

That sounds about right.

Would someone PLEASE fix the economics of baseball?

195765[/snapback]

Chew on this:

The luxery tax that Steinbrenner will have to pay for this season will be more than the payroll of the Brewers or Devil Rays.

Red Sox  are far enough begind. 20M or more behind. They also have to spend just to compete with them. Im a red sox fan and would support a Salary Cap!!

195798[/snapback]

I'm a Yankee fan and would support a salary cap too. I'm confident that players would still want to be Yankees based of prestige, tradition and the history of the New York Yankees. Like it or not we are the most storied franchise in baseball history with or without a 200+ million dollar payroll.

I'm a Yankee fan and would support a salary cap too. I'm confident that players would still want to be Yankees based of prestige, tradition and the history of the New York Yankees. Like it or not we are the most storied franchise in baseball history with or without a 200+ million dollar payroll.

195804[/snapback]

With a salary cap that wouldn't matter. You can only afford so many superstars.

Right now you are allowed to go out and sign whoever you want for however much you want.

I'm confident that players would still want to be Yankees based of prestige, tradition and the history of the New York Yankees.

195804[/snapback]

Picture this: Salary cap is set at $90 Million.

"Randy Johnson, we want you to be a Yankee, we are your best cahnce at a World Series. We can only pay your $2 Million a year though"

"Randy, Detroit Tigers here. We have about $11 million to spend. Forget our outfield - we want YOU."

Pretty sure old Randy would turn Orange and Blue in about two seconds.