Yankees, Johnson reach $32M, 2-year deal

erynthered

Third, who else have I ever lablelled?  Where did that come from?

196308[/snapback]

You are right about the 16 teams...I still bet the ratio between the have and have nots was the same then as it is now....

The comment about Take off your Yankees googles....that was a label....Im not a rah rah Yankees fan...never have been...in fact I dont even like this RJ trade to begin with...hes 41...his knee is fragile....but its funny we havent even gotten into the baseball end of this trade because so many here continously whine about money over and over and over again.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right about the 16 teams...I still bet the ratio between the have and have nots was the same then as it is now....

The comment about Take off your Yankees googles....that was a label....Im not a rah rah Yankees fan...never have been...in fact I dont even like this RJ trade to begin with...hes 41...his knee is fragile....but its funny we havent even gotten into the baseball end of this trade because so many here continously whine about money over and over and over again.

196316[/snapback]

I will admit I labelled you. :w00t: but you accused me of labelling everyone else. That confused me.

I think the Yanks may have overpaid for someone who may break down real soon. At the very least, it is very risky.

Thanks for the debate.

Alaska I dont find that funny !@#$! I have a close friend who is in that state. You !@#$ing PRICK!

196315[/snapback]

Shut up you Mass-hole and enjoy your WS because it will be gone REAL SOON!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I will admit I labelled you. :w00t: but you accused me of labelling everyone else.  That confused me.

I think the Yanks may have overpaid for someone who may break down real soon.  At the very least, it is very risky.

Thanks for the debate.

196325[/snapback]

Thanks for the debate too....and as for your "former" team, I think the O's are heading in the right direction...they have to stick with their path of grooming their young starters and then keeping them...and keep Angelos away from making baseball decisions as much as possible and they will be back...great baseball park and great baseball town.

He can't enjoy it......he's Yankee obsessed.

196335[/snapback]

I can assure you on one thing T:

If our Bills ever win the SB...I wojt give one stevestojan about any of the other teams like that joker does about the Yankees after the Red Sox finally won the WS!!!

What I'd be curious to know is what the Yanks' payroll was when they won in '96, '98-00.

I think the payroll didn't start to go ballistic until 2001 when the Yanks coincidentally landed their own station. That's when all of a sudden, they started getting every megastar no matter the cost.

Matsui

Contreras

Giambi

A-rod

Sheffield

Brown

Vazquez (Now Johnson)

Some have worked out. Some have blown up in their faces.

Now, let's look at the Mets and what they're doing now. They have a new station coming in 2006. They already gave Pedro Martinez a ransom to which any Sox fan could say overpaid and breathe easier.

They have offered Carlos Beltran over $100 million for 6 years. The asking price of Scott BorAS$.

They have also told Beltran they would go out and get other guys (i.e. Delgado).

Since when have the Mets went after the biggest names on the market? Has a lot to do with their new station. Similar to the Yanks.

If our Bills ever win the SB...I wojt give one stevestojan about any of the other teams like that joker does about the Yankees after the Red Sox finally won the WS!!!

196342[/snapback]

You know it.

196342[/snapback]

Nah, I'm gonna go to a Red Sox board and bluster about the Fagtriots/Patsy tards incessantly. While wearing my helmet.

Loser.

Nah, I'm gonna go to a Red Sox board and bluster about the Fagtriots/Patsy tards incessantly.  While wearing my helmet.

Loser.

196346[/snapback]

Patsy tards!!! :w00t: Good one, you have been on a roll the last few days.

You Spankee fans are complete !@#$s! I say i have a close friend with a problem like your making fun of and you do it again. Dont you !@#$s have any hearts whatsoever? How can you be Bills fans you sure your not Wastriot fans? Goddamn!

I wonder why this was posted at all. It was the biggest foregone conclusion in history. The thing that Yankees fans need to worry about is the fact that they probably have the oldest team in professional sports history. They are bound to break down any time. They will then be on the hook for major, unmovable contracts. Also they have seen what steroids can do to their players. Giambi is worthless now and how long before all the roids Sheffield took catch up with him?

You Spankee fans are complete !@#$s! I say i have a close friend with a problem like your making fun of and you do it again. Dont you !@#$s have any hearts whatsoever? How can you be Bills fans you sure your not Wastriot fans? Goddamn!

196369[/snapback]

You'll excuse me for not being able to decipher your earlier post. You used the term Alaska and "I have a friend in that state." Alaska, being a state...(I'd love to be sitting there watching you process this). <ding>

It's too bad you don't have a friend who teaches grammar and how to write in the "spoken concise word". Then you would only look like an idiot because you insist on using grade school euphemisms for the word Yankees in virtually every "contribution" you make here. Well, Martin Luther King had a dream - and look where that got him.

I have a heart. It's small and black - but it's mine.

First, Oakland didn't get screwed. They are more than likely going to have a great 1-2-3 punch again by next year. They picked up a ton of talent between the Cards and Braves trade.

Second, if Florida decides to move Beckett/Willis/Burnett I believe they will end up getting value. Look at the Penny move.

195986[/snapback]

While I agree that Oakland didn't get "screwed" to say that these trades helped Oakland for the short term like they have helped Atlanta and St. Louis just isn't correct.

The best player in either deal may be Darric Barton but he's probably a couple years away at least.

Did the Yankees wake up one day with all this money?????? YES!!!!!!!!!

They are in a metropolitan area of 25 million people.  It is easy to sell tickets, the television contract is huge.  For a team like the Pirate to sign their own players, if they were good would soon result in a payroll over a $100 million.  That is what it takes to compete with the big market teams.  Pittsburgh can NEVER get $100 million  in revenue if they sell every seat for every game and every tv in the Pittsburgh metropolitan area turned on every game.  IT CAN NOT BE DONE.

As for players staying in small markets at discounted rates, give me a break.

196114[/snapback]

So what's the Mets excuse??