Buddy Nix and addressing the QB position

I agree that no one were foreseeing that Wilson or Kaepernick will be 10 year starters. Otherwise, those guys would have gone on the Top 5-10 of the draft. However, I believe the flaw is in Nix's premise that he wants to draft a QB only if he thinks he will be a 10 year starter. The Draft is a crapshoot and you have to take a risk. If he really wanted a "for-sure 10 year starter" then he should have traded up for RGIII with the Rams.

Given what the skins gave, how would he have outbid them AND covered the extra gap in value for this years first pick?

Otherwise I tend to agree. Only other thing of note is maybe some patience before anointing Wilson and kaepernick, as I've strongly noticed dalton disappearing from these talks. I still think there's a good chance one of them fades (I like Wilson a lot more to succeed but we will see)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that no one were foreseeing that Wilson or Kaepernick will be 10 year starters. Otherwise, those guys would have gone on the Top 5-10 of the draft. However, I believe the flaw is in Nix's premise that he wants to draft a QB only if he thinks he will be a 10 year starter. The Draft is a crapshoot and you have to take a risk. If he really wanted a "for-sure 10 year starter" then he should have traded up for RGIII with the Rams.

They look great right now, but isn't it fair to say the jury is still out on them? Neither of them even have more than 16 games of work yet.