Doug Marrone is a "ya know" guy

26TrapDraw

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This "Ya Know" epidemic is not just a younger guy thing. It's quite prevalent even among experienced and professional people. I hear it used more everyday as a meaningless filler when people don't know what to say in order to transition from one thought to the next. One of my HS aged daughters has a Public Speaking Teacher who incessantly uses the phrase in this manner. Oh the irony!!!

Speaking of "Ya Know" guys, listen to Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson talk. They both have bad cases of YaKnowitis. Be very careful it's highly contagious.

These days, President Lincoln's Gettysburg address would begin with "Ya Know, like Four Score and like seven years ago..... :rolleyes:

The overuse of like, now that seems to be a young phenomenon.

I've also noticed that most athletes seem to start out with "I mean..."

Another habit that drives me nuts is a more recent one where people say "Ya, No" I always want to say "Well which is it?"

Well I guess it's true that everyone's perceptions if the same events can be markedly different. I thought Marrone came off as much more seasoned than Pettine. I'm sure that both are good football men or they wouldn't have made it this far. Time will tell and I'm hoping that I'm right on this one.

I sincerely hope you're right too.

I will say that Marrone does have a kind of confidence, or maybe in your word 'seasoning', that I like. I do think this seemed stronger in him than in Pettine, so I agree with you there.

Pettine just really struck me in terms of how many rapid, coherent, complex, sure-footed sentences he seemed to string together. Hopefully they are both freaking geniuses - or at least football geniuses.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench